Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

While we sit on our royal keisters, a lot of FA's are disappearing. However......

Hottoddie

Veteran
......., there are still some relatively young jewels out there. Some might not fit our system, but they might be worth talking about. Here's a few. Add anyone that you can think of.

Jordan Black (OT) (5 years)
Deon Grant (FS) (8 years)
Andre Davis (WR) (6 years)
Mike Gandy (LG/LT) (7 years)
Kevin Kaesviharn (DB) (7 years)
Cosey Coleman (RG) (8 years)
Brian Russell (FS) (6 years)
Cooper Carlisle (RG) (8 years)
Nick Harper (CB) (7 years)
Cato June (OLB) (5 years)
Kawika Mitchell (MLB) (5 years)
Alfonso Boone (LDT) (7 years)
Bryan Scott (DB) (5 years)
Donte' Stallworth (WR) (6 years)
Moran Norris (FB) (7 years)
Remember him?
Ken Hamlin (FS) (5 years)

......., there are still some relatively young jewels out there. Some might not fit our system, but they might be worth talking about. Here's a few. Add anyone that you can think of.

Remember him?

David Macklin -CB-Arizona
Travis Fisher -CB-Rams

I'd like to see us talk to Kaesviharn...he'd be risky since he hasn't been a starter and played mostly in the nickel, but his 6 picks show he's good vs. the pass. Gandy would obviously be nice too.

You forgot part of the sentence... While we sit on our royal keisters THANKS TO A LACK OF CAP ROOM DUE TO THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION, ...

At least a 1'st year expansion team has a clean slate, Kubes and Smith didn't have that luxury, they have to clear the decks of overpaid under performers. As much as it hurts to say it, it probably is not gonna happen for another year or two yet. But then again, think how good it will feel when it does. :doot:

placing the first 48 hours in perspective

per profootballtalk.com

ONLY 12 TEAMS HAVE SIGNED FREE AGENTS

Through nearly two days of free-agency activity, only 12 of the 32 NFL teams have signed a player who spent 2006 with a different team.

placing the first 48 hours in perspective

per profootballtalk.com

Agreed. But, with the PR hit we took last year & the anti-Carr backlash, I was just hoping they'd do something right away. It doesn't have to be a big name, just some promising young talent.

Agreed. But, with the PR hit we took last year & the anti-Carr backlash, I was just hoping they'd do something right away. It doesn't have to be a big name, just some promising young talent.

I, for one, am glad that they aren't making moves for PR purposes... it makes me more comfortable that they will make solid football decisions...

Remember him?

Thanks for that list. There's still some decent talent out there.

Players I'd be interested in:

If Casselry had been here he would have given Denver whatever they asked for in draft picks if his love for Carr was set aside. Its actually nice to see that Kubiak and Smith know the value of draft picks and have confidence they can make an impact throught the draft. Instead of handing them out for garbage like P-suc. Considering how well the current admin did in the last draft I have to belive they can.

There are a few good 'ball players on that list that would look good in our uniform, whether we go after any is another thing. I'd be happy with even 2 signings out of that lot for the right $$$ where we actually do need help (isn't that nearly every position atm?)...

The earliest signings always seem to be when the teams vastly overpay a player because they don't want them to leave town and get a better offer somewhere else. Remember Todd Wade? Look how upset everyone was last season when the team let David Givens leave town and sign with the Titans. The team offered him $17.5 and he wanted $25 million. Even before the knee injury he wasn't doing anything. With patience will come better fits. There will still be players to be released in the upcoming months. The Patriots (until this season), the Colts, the Steelers, the Broncos are all top AFC teams that rarely make big splashes in the free agent pool. They continually restock their team with talent in the draft and supplement that with an occasional free agent.

Ken Hamlin
Nick Harper
Cato June
and maybe donte stallworth would all excite me if one of them came... but ... :pigfly:

I think that's a pretty reasonable list actually. I think we have a good shot at Hamlin and i would love to get Nick Harper here for the right price...taking Colts players away and a solid CB opposte side of Robinson. Add Cato June and you have at least two LB's that can fly sidelineto sideline.

Ive been pretty ticked that we did not go after a few guys.

Looks like another losing season (and no not because of Carr)

Moran Norris (FB) (7 years) Remember him?

I'd add Ian Scott to that list, DT Chicago Bears. Both he and Boone were released to FA and I think Scott is the better player. Or why not look at both?

Originally Posted by Hottoddie

I'll add Charlie P.'s # 1 FA we should try to go after

Eric Steinbach Guard from Cleveland

Originally Posted by Hottoddie

I'll add Charlie P.'s # 1 FA we should try to go after

Eric Steinbach Guard from Cleveland

He was in Cincy...Cleveland already signed him. He's gone.

I don't see any QB's on that list. Management is dooming us to another losing season with Carr. :hairpull:

Quit gripping... it isn't like the list that was posted on the Message Boards is management's target list. No one really knows who they are going after, just speculation on players fans would like to see.

Quit gripping... it isn't like the list that was posted on the Message Boards is management's target list. No one really knows who they are going after, just speculation on players fans would like to see.

I guess if they really really want a FA QB, they can get the spectacular Tim Rattay.

I guess if they really really want a FA QB, they can get the spectacular Tim Rattay.

I agree that FA QB's are crappy... but the previos posting was tearing his hiar out because the list that some yahoo came up with on a message board didn't have a qb listed. it was more a dig at the poster for thinking that the message board philiosophy is what the FO was using to base a qb decision off of.

I know I posted something about it earlier in this thread, but I guess now it is official.

The team has also officially re-signed FB Moran Norris and re-signed G Tony Wragge.

Norris (6-1, 254) made a big impact after signing with the 49ers as an unrestricted free agent in 2006. He played in 14 games, started seven and was a key component in RB Frank Gore leading the NFC in rushing. Norris also added two touchdowns on the season, including a career-high 32 yard scoring reception against Denver (12-31-06).

http://www.sf49ers.com/pressbox/news_detail.php?PRKey=2891&section=PR%20News

By the way, has any heard anything on Deon Grant? I don't think I have heard about him much this free agency. I haven't heard much about Cato June either...

Back