Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-03-2007   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Plummer to Raiders?

I thought the Tampa deal might be an end around to get Plummer, but now it seems the Raiders are the destination, not the Texans.

Are there any other QBs out there? Or are we permanently stuck with Mr. I. Sack Myself If You Get Near Me?
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default Re: Plummer to Raiders?

Joey Harrington is left

I'd much rather have Sage Rosenfels start then spend money on a has-been in Jake Plummer. We can use that money somewhere else on the million other needs we have.
Old 03-03-2007   #3
afcman
Veteran

As a player, there's no way I'd go to the raiders, lions, or browns. Unless I was old and wanted/needed the money to pull me thru the end of my career.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #4
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
I thought the Tampa deal might be an end around to get Plummer, but now it seems the Raiders are the destination, not the Texans.

Are there any other QBs out there? Or are we permanently stuck with Mr. I. Sack Myself If You Get Near Me?
Link? I have not heard this anywhere?
Old 03-03-2007   #5
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhcougar08 View Post
Link? I have not heard this anywhere?
ProFootballTalk.com

POSTED 3:36 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007

"BUCS TO SHIP PLUMMER TO RAIDERS?

There's speculation in league circles that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will eventually trade quarterback Jake Plummer to the Oakland Raiders.

The thinking is that the Raiders are interested in acquiring Plummer as a short-term starter while expected No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell gets ready to play, but that there's no way that the Raiders and Broncos ever could have done business together.

Enter the Bucs, who could end up being the straw man for a deal that puts Plummer in silver and black.

Stay tuned."
Old 03-04-2007   #6
Nighthawk
All Pro

Or maybe they got it all wrong.
Old 03-04-2007   #7
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
ProFootballTalk.com

POSTED 3:36 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007

"BUCS TO SHIP PLUMMER TO RAIDERS?

There's speculation in league circles that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will eventually trade quarterback Jake Plummer to the Oakland Raiders.

The thinking is that the Raiders are interested in acquiring Plummer as a short-term starter while expected No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell gets ready to play, but that there's no way that the Raiders and Broncos ever could have done business together.

Enter the Bucs, who could end up being the straw man for a deal that puts Plummer in silver and black.

Stay tuned."

Isn't this the reason Plummer said he didn't want to go to Tampa Bay, because he wants to go somewhere where he will start and not have to be just "keeping the seat warm" for the young guy? This situation will be no different than what he just left in Denver (minus the good O-line). I kinda think he'll just retire, but you never know!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read