Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-03-2007   #1
DenverBorn
Veteran

Default March 3 GBN Projection

Updated GBN projection:

http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

A couple of comments:

1. How would you feel about the Texans trading their 1st, 3rd and 4th round picks to Tampa Bay for it's 4th pick in the first round? I would assume this trade would only be made if Peterson were still available at 4

2. What strikes me in the second round is that GBN has us drafting Lamar Woodley, and Ryan Kalil goes next. My view is that if Kalil is available to the Texans in the second round, he should be drafted. My prediction is that Kalil won't make it out of the first round -

The more that I wait, the more time that I waste
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #2
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: March 3 GBN Projection

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn View Post
Updated GBN projection:

A couple of comments:

1. How would you feel about the Texans trading their 1st, 3rd and 4th round picks to Tampa Bay for it's 4th pick in the first round? I would assume this trade would only be made if Peterson were still available at 4

2. What strikes me in the second round is that GBN has us drafting Lamar Woodley, and Ryan Kalil goes next. My view is that if Kalil is available to the Texans in the second round, he should be drafted. My prediction is that Kalil won't make it out of the first round -
Stellar post. I don't think the Texans are going to pull a Ditka and put all their stakes into Peterson. The Texans passed on a once-in-a-lifetime running back last year; they can pass on another this year. There are too many holes to fill, and without Moulds there is at least one more hole to fill.

I agree with you. Assuming Kalil is there for the Texans in the second round (and I think that is a big assumption - Arizona, Detriot, or Cleveland will snatch him up before we get a chance), then Kalil is the player to go with. Top Center in the draft filling a major hole in the team. How could the Texans pass on that?
Old 03-03-2007   #3
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I don't agree on any trades... I say stay put and get bpa... Way too many holes to fill right now to sell out for 1 player... And no one on this board wants AD here more than me... Not even David Carr...

If for some reason AD does not fall to us, there are other RB's available... Like another Bush kid that may be a hotdog if his leg is healed completely...
Old 03-03-2007   #4
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

That trade is just flat out stupid. If Peterson falls past the Browns, he's going to fall to us. Why would we give away 2 picks just to make sure? And we need more picks if anything. We can't afford to lose picks.
Old 03-03-2007   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Updated GBN projection:

A couple of comments:

This doesn't make sense to me. Why would we trade up with Tampa Bay to get AD when noone behind the bucs needs a RB?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #6
DenverBorn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
This doesn't make sense to me. Why would we trade up with Tampa Bay to get AD when noone behind the bucs needs a RB?
Not that I agree with it but I guess the reason would be to prevent another team from trading up with, say, Minnesota, to draft AD ahead of us at 8 -

The more that I wait, the more time that I waste
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not that I agree with it but I guess the reason would be to prevent another team from trading up with, say, Minnesota, to draft AD ahead of us at 8 -
that's what i'm thinking. i havnt heard that trade scenario before...i think it would be so no other team trades up ahead of us to get him. washington really needs more picks and i see them trading down.

i dont like the idea of us giving up draft picks to move up. i hope we stay put where we are.

i like kalil and really hope he's there for us and we take him in the 2nd...he'd be my first choice. isn't lamar woodley being project more of a 3-4 OLB in the nfl?

Im also thinking of Michael Bush in the 2nd round if AP doesnt fall to us. I think Getting Landry and then Bush would be awesome. then maybe oline help in the 3rd. Dt in the 4th...
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2007   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Im also thinking of Michael Bush in the 2nd round if AP doesnt fall to us. I think Getting Landry and then Bush would be awesome. then maybe oline help in the 3rd. Dt in the 4th...
That would be the perfect scenario in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We have too many needs to trade away picks and can't afford more dead money, so we can't just trade away players either.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #10
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
I don't agree on any trades... I say stay put and get bpa... Way too many holes to fill right now to sell out for 1 player... And no one on this board wants AD here more than me... Not even David Carr...

If for some reason AD does not fall to us, there are other RB's available... Like another Bush kid that may be a hotdog if his leg is healed completely...
Marshawn???
Old 03-03-2007   #11
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, this is the worst mockery of our competance to date this offseason.
Old 03-03-2007   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

if we're not already, then this would surely scar us for life

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read