Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-03-2007   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If no Garcia or Plummer, is there anyone else?

Ok, with Garcia gone, and assuming that Plummer is off the market too, is there anyone else that would be worth picking up to replace Carr? I know we have Sage, but are the any other FA?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #2
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: If no Garcia or Plummer, is there anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
Ok, with Garcia gone, and assuming that Plummer is off the market too, is there anyone else that would be worth picking up to replace Carr? I know we have Sage, but are the any other FA?
Neither of these two was worth picking up to replace Carr.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #3
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Well that's a matter of opinion and I think your opinion is wrong!
Old 03-03-2007   #4
KennyHolmes99
Rookie

Harrington? lol
KennyHolmes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #5
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Glad they are going elsewhere !

QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #6
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
And my opinion thinks your opinion is wrong... LOL

I don't want plummer or Garcia here...

Or Aaron Brooks, Kurt Warner, Drew Bledsoe, Joey Harrington, and on and on...

If we are not going to drive our Carr, then let's buy a new one and not some rusty bucket of bolts used one...
Old 03-03-2007   #7
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
And my opinion thinks your opinion is wrong... LOL

I don't want plummer or Garcia here...

Or Aaron Brooks, Kurt Warner, Drew Bledsoe, Joey Harrington, and on and on...

If we are not going to drive our Carr, then let's buy a new one and not some rusty bucket of bolts used one...
I would be happy with the Texans drafting someone, and letting Sage keep take over for a couple of years. I just don't want to make the same mistake we did with Carr by throwing the new QB in right away.

At this point, I'd be happy if we traded Carr for something, or just cut him and saved room on the cap (if we would save cap money. . .this I am unsure about).

I just think that with everything that has been said and have happened, Carr can not come back and lead this team next year.
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2007   #8
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I just think that with everything that has been said and have happened, Carr can not come back and lead this team next year.
I think of it as this way. 1 of 2 things will happen if Carr is our QB next year...

He will either be great, or a total bust... I don't see him being average at all...

And the reason for my thinking is because the heat is on now... Make no mistake about it... And David knows it. It is either be great as you were predicted, or be prepared to be tarred and feathered and ran out of town...

I personally would rather see him come back and be the next Dan Marino, but the question is, can it happen?
Old 03-03-2007   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think of it as this way. 1 of 2 things will happen if Carr is our QB next year...

He will either be great, or a total bust... I don't see him being average at all...

And the reason for my thinking is because the heat is on now... Make no mistake about it... And David knows it. It is either be great as you were predicted, or be prepared to be tarred and feathered and ran out of town...

I personally would rather see him come back and be the next Dan Marino, but the question is, can it happen?

You are kidding right?The pressure should have bene on since Day 1 or when he was benched last season. If you are paying a guy a 8 mil bonus and he needs incentive to do well, there is a problem. He should have had incentive after the old regime left and people paid him. He should have had it after being the #1 pick and getting paid. "Make no mistake about it"..for 5 years the pressure has been on and he has failed.
Old 03-03-2007   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
uhhhh...let's not get emotional about it.

Let's set our sights a little more realistic:

Quote:
I personally would rather see him come back and be the next Trent Dilfer on a team with a stout defense and solid running game, but the question is, can it happen?
There, fixed it for ya'.
Old 03-03-2007   #11
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
uhhhh...let's not get emotional about it.

Let's set our sights a little more realistic:

Quote:
I personally would rather see him come back and be the next Trent Dilfer on a team with a stout defense and solid running game, but the question is, can it happen?
There, fixed it for ya'.
ROFL, thanks for fixing my bad wording... Too funny....
Old 03-03-2007   #12
Dime
Hall of Fame

Sage we have for 1.5 mil... Carr expense is over 7m. He aint worth it. He aint worth 3 million. If he was at 2-3 million.. i wouldnt mind it as much.. He needs to be re-stuctured for this year, traded, or something.
Old 03-03-2007   #13
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime View Post
Sage we have for 1.5 mil... Carr expense is over 7m. He aint worth it. He aint worth 3 million. If he was at 2-3 million.. i wouldnt mind it as much.. He needs to be re-stuctured for this year, traded, or something.
I agree Dime. . . He can not go into next season the exact same way he is right now....if he stays, then he should have to restructure.....
Old 03-03-2007   #14
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I agree Dime. . . He can not go into next season the exact same way he is right now....if he stays, then he should have to restructure.....
I don't think you could find a fan of the Texans who would disagree with that. It should be restructured and loaded with incentives. But from a business stand point, meaning of David Carr's contract and him, would YOU or anyone else for that matter, terminate the contract that is binding with guaranteed money? I know I wouldn't... But it sure would make the fans a little more forgiving in the mean time...

I just think at this point, we as fans know we can either agree with the FO or disagree and lay it all out on the table as we see fit... But the truth of the matter is, We have very little say so on what goes on. Only our actions will speak louder than words. And as long as we continue to buy those season tickets, the FO runs the show...
Old 03-03-2007   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Just getting rid of Carr The Crappy would be enough to improve the team. Sage is better than Carr, Jake is better, Garcia is better...for crying out loud Bledsoe is better. Carr is garbage. Time to get a new hero QB75.

d
Old 03-03-2007   #16
Dime
Hall of Fame

I agree... It would be unusual for him to restructure save one reason. Carr likes where he is and being on the Texans from what I see. Otherwise, he would be gone already. But here is the deal. He sees Kub as going to the playoffs and he his a good coach who has helped him alot already. If he did this, he would have another year to prove himself to Kub and Team. This would go along way with Kub I believe, and would give him an additional chance to prove himself.

I dont mind keepimg Carr. I do mind having him get 7-8 million for his current performance.
Old 03-03-2007   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I would be happy to keep Carr if he takes a Pennington-like contract change, which reduced his pay considerably, but loaded the contract with incentives that took a lot of the financial risk away from the team. But at $8M a year, it becomes much harder to accept his performances at QB.
Old 03-03-2007   #18
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

From what I'm hearing, it sounds like everyone is cool w/ Carr staying provided a there is a restructuring of the contract. Not a bad idea. I still think the guy has some upside. Looking back, yeah i wih Vince would have been on the team, but since that didn't happen and there is no one else out there at this time... I'm just going to hope that Carr gets it together this season.
Old 03-03-2007   #19
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan View Post
FI'm just going to hope that Carr gets it together this season.
How many more seasons will we have to hope he gets it together?
Old 03-03-2007   #20
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I'm convinced that Sage is the answer. The team looks up to him like a leader and he is solid, but his leadership attribute is the main reason I'd like to have him at QB. We haven't had that with Carr and we saw how Sage can lead a team when he almost brought us back into the Tennessee game after Carr threw it away. Sage is the answer - and I'm glad we didn't spend any money on Garcia or Plummer so we can use it at other positions.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read