Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2007   #1
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Default Texans keep Kalu

Free agent defensive end N.D. Kalu tells FOX 26 Sports he has agreed to terms with the Houston Texans on a one year contract. Kalu signed with Houston last year as a free agent after spending nine years with the Eagles.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=6.1.1
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #2
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Default Re: Texans keep Kalu

Its good to see us go after the veteren leadership we had last year in Salaam & Kalu. They both provide solid depth. Good move, Mr. Rick Smith.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #3
UzaHO
Rookie

I really like N.D. I wonder why they keep signing him to 1 yr deals?
UzaHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #4
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UzaHO View Post
I really like N.D. I wonder why they keep signing him to 1 yr deals?
He's old. He'll probably keep signing one year deals as long as we'll have him and he feels like he's ok to play.
Old 03-03-2007   #5
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

i dont think kalu has any intention of leaving Houston at this point in his career, and the one year deals give him flexibility if he wants to leave the game or not. nice under the radar move, i'm good with keeping glue guys like salaam and kalu in the fold.
Old 03-03-2007   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it too, a guy to take Mario under his wing and teach/mentor.

We might not be making a splash but we are building towards the future by having guys that can help the youth we are trying to build through.
Old 03-03-2007   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2007   #8
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it as well and the 1 year contract means there is no dead cap money whenever they part ways.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read