Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-03-2007   #1
shansmacker
Rookie

Default Troy Smith 2nd round selection

Any chance Troy Smith lasts into the second round?I think he would be an ideal west coast qb.I say if hes there we better snap him up.Thoughts?
shansmacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Troy Smith 2nd round selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansmacker View Post
Any chance Troy Smith lasts into the second round?I think he would be an ideal west coast qb.I say if hes there we better snap him up.Thoughts?
yup. there is a lot of talk he could go as late as the 3rd or 4th. he's going to be an interesting player to see where/which round he ends up going.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I'd be surprised if he wasn't there in the 3rd round.
Old 03-03-2007   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say he would definitely be there when we pick in the 2nd but he isn't a guy I would want us to pick in the 2nd.
Old 03-03-2007   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

He will be gone by the 4th. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Texans uni.
Old 03-03-2007   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 129044 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be upset if we picked him with our 2nd round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #7
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

2nd round is way too high for him. He looked bad in the Florida game and in the Senior Bowl.

I don't think he has what it takes to be a good NFL QB.

Could be wrong though, you never know, so save that or whatever lol.

But I'd be dissapointed if the Texans drafted him on the first day at all.
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2007   #8
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

he's a semi-mobile qb that kubes likes.

i don't think you can hold the florida game against him given that OSU hadn't played a game in 2 months pretty much. they looked like a team that hadn't played at game speed.

he could possibly fit our system with ALOT of coaching. no earlier than 3rd or 4th.
Old 03-04-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
he's a semi-mobile qb that kubes likes.

i don't think you can hold the florida game against him given that OSU hadn't played a game in 2 months pretty much. they looked like a team that hadn't played at game speed.

he could possibly fit our system with ALOT of coaching. no earlier than 3rd or 4th.
agreed...Florida took away their passing game by keeping nelson and their other safety back the entire game. they werent allowing anything over 10 yard passes. Florida just dominated in general...probably would have been a little better if Ginn didn't get injured and leave.

i too think they were rusty for having all that time off...how bout a playoff system! lol
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #10
JAXwithanX
Veteran

I guess it mostly depends on how he runs his 40. The 40 is a big thing for future NFL WR's.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read