Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2007   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trading up with David Carr

There was an article this morning in the Atlanta-Journal Constitution that said the Texans may have a deal in place with Cleveland to trade their first and David Carr to Cleveland for the #3 overall, in order to draft Peterson.

Interesting...
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trading up with David Carr

I think it's very possible to trade up using David Carr as the "bait".

Say for instance we want to move up and get somebody elses 5 or 6 we got it made. We throw in David Carr and they'll be happy to swap one of those.

On the first day picks however I'm pretty sure the rest of the NFL is going to look at David Carr like Kryptonite.
Old 03-03-2007   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I would prefer to see the Texans use Carr as bait in trading down from #8. hold on now, this might be just inticing enough to pick up two picks (2nd & 3rd) the Texans have so many needs

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #4
rvguy121
RVGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
There was an article this morning in the Atlanta-Journal Constitution that said the Texans may have a deal in place with Cleveland to trade their first and David Carr to Cleveland for the #3 overall, in order to draft Peterson.

Interesting...
That would be great! I'd do that in a New York minute!
rvguy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #5
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvguy121 View Post
That would be great! I'd do that in a New York minute!
I know this is off-topic, but what exactly is a New York Minute? That has bugged me for a while.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #6
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:

Interesting...

This would be a great move!! Peterson would be an awesome add. to this team. We can than draft Kolb in the 3rd. and let him learn the system while Rosenfels leads the team for the next yr or so.
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #7
rvguy121
RVGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
I know this is off-topic, but what exactly is a New York Minute? That has bugged me for a while.
How about in a heatbeat??? Better no?? Not really sure about the New York minute, but have heard it alot...
rvguy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2007   #8
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

New York City is a very fast paced environment. The term "New York Minute" stems from this, because in NY, so many things happen so quickly.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #9
Sco-tai
Veteran

I've been a fan of Adrian's since his days of playing high school ball in Palestine, TX. But I'm not convinced that he's worth a possible 3rd round pick (in trading Carr...which is what I've read we could get for Carr) over someone like Lynch. Sure...I liked Peterson's combine numbers, too....but I hate his injury history.
Just saying, with as many holes as we have to fill, I'm just unsure trading UP to get 1 player is a great idea.

I guess time will tell.
Old 03-03-2007   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Interesting...
Sounds like we're getting a good deal. It's like getting a 1st round pick for David(800pts= the 21st pick in the first round).

I'm not seeing that kind of value in David... but if Cleveland does.... sweet.
Old 03-03-2007   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92649 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Well this is one thing that I completely agree with John McClain on . . .

Kubiak and Smith will NOT trade up, under any circumstances. They want draft picks. If they trade Carr, it will be for additional picks. If they can trade down for additional picks, they will do that that.

But trade up? FUHGEDABOUTIT!!!!!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I would only consider the trade up if Joe Thomas is available. If he's not then we gotta take Okoye/Landry or use Carr as bait to trade back and pick up a Levi Brown/Reggie Nelson/Marshawn Lynch later in the first.
Old 03-03-2007   #13
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if I could believe we'd trade DC and swap firsts with Cleveland to get Peterson; I just can't see Kubiak doing that. This really seems like hype to me, seeing as we passed on Bush last year, everyone is trying to justify their mock drafts were wrong by saying "see, they're making an effort to not screw up this year".

I have a feeling that if we trade up, it's for someone else. Say CJ or a QB.

Just my thoughts.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #14
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

Interesting...
Oh this can't be true. Because every so-called expert on the board insists that Carr has no trade value and should have been cut by now.

QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
one second
Old 03-03-2007   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Because every so-called expert on the board insists that Carr has no trade value and should have been cut by now.
I think it would be better for Carr to be released, and let him make his own deal as a free agent. He could have been dealt by now, if it weren't for his existing contract.
Old 03-03-2007   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
I don't know if I could believe we'd trade DC and swap firsts with Cleveland to get Peterson; I just can't see Kubiak doing that. This really seems like hype to me, seeing as we passed on Bush last year, everyone is trying to justify their mock drafts were wrong by saying "see, they're making an effort to not screw up this year".

I have a feeling that if we trade up, it's for someone else. Say CJ or a QB.

Just my thoughts.
Peterson is the kind of running back you take in the top 5... he's #1 overall, if it weren't for his durability issues.

Reggie Bush has not done any of the things that a top 5 candidate(as a running back) has to do. People were trying to get us to draft him #1 overall, because he might help us in the Kick Return game..... That's just stupid, and poor risk management of a high draft pick.

Whether we do it, or someone else trades up to get Reggie Bush, to me, it will say more about Reggie than it will about the Texans.
Old 03-03-2007   #18
joshri
Rookie

I think they should trade up to get the #2 pick and Joe Thomas
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #19
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Peterson is the kind of running back you take in the top 5... he's #1 overall, if it weren't for his durability issues.

Reggie Bush has not done any of the things that a top 5 candidate(as a running back) has to do. People were trying to get us to draft him #1 overall, because he might help us in the Kick Return game..... That's just stupid, and poor risk management of a high draft pick.

Whether we do it, or someone else trades up to get Reggie Bush, to me, it will say more about Reggie than it will about the Texans.

Do you mean AP in that last sentece? My reasoning, though, was that I didn't think we'd do it because Kubiak doesn't have a history of taking them in the 1st to begin with...much less going out of his way to trade up and take one. By no means am I saying he's not worth it, I just don't think it would be a trade up for him imparticular.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
On the first day picks however I'm pretty sure the rest of the NFL is going to look at David Carr like Kryptonite.
The dark side is strong in you. Filled with hate you are.

Loverz know that an elite Hall of Fame talent has been brought down by a sorry team. If only 31 other NFL teams weren't such haters, too, we could really make a deal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read