Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-03-2007   #1
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Default Travis Henry more than likely to be released

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../70302072/1027

If Ahman Green or Chris Brown doesn't come here, could we take a look at Travis Henry? I think he could be real good for us. AD probably just won't fall to us. What do you think are chances of getting him are?
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #2
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Henry more than likely to be released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../70302072/1027

If Ahman Green or Chris Brown doesn't come here, could we take a look at Travis Henry? I think he could be real good for us. AD probably just won't fall to us. What do you think are chances of getting him are?
Travis Henry would be a GREAT signing for us. He's going to cost though.
Old 03-03-2007   #3
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

I highly doubt it. We didn't obv have a chance at Clements, Lewis or Thomas so why would these 3 guys be any different. I'm beginning to wonder why we even bother with frre agency, only to cut guys who seemingly make it somehow somewhere else :brickwall
Old 03-03-2007   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Storm View Post
I highly doubt it. We didn't obv have a chance at Clements, Lewis or Thomas so why would these 3 guys be any different. I'm beginning to wonder why we even bother with frre agency, only to cut guys who seemingly make it somehow somewhere else :brickwall
Umm, because we didnt get the 2 best FA's up there we should just quit? We were never in the running for those guys, I dont know what fantasy world you were living in...
Old 03-03-2007   #5
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Here ya go. He has been released.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/4599860.html

NASHVILLE, Tenn. The Tennessee Titans released Travis Henry on Saturday after negotiations failed to rework a contract that contained an $8.3 million bonus due Monday.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 77683 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Sign him!!!!

Henry is a darn good back.

Sign him!!!!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #7
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Sign him!!!!

Henry is a darn good back.

Sign him!!!!
According to the Pen, we're one of three teams his agent said was interested. I say sign him now.

"How much money do you want, Travis?"

"X-amount, sir."

"Ok...let me get my checkbook..."
Old 03-03-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

excellent. i hope he wont be rediculously expensive...

i think we really ought to just release domanick if we have a fairly strong feeling he's not going to contribute much. I believe he's guaranteed like 1.3 million per year and has a salary around 4 million bucks. i don't think he's worth that much to us and would really free up our cap space for the next few years.

on another note..if we do sign henry or another RB, the chances of us trading up wit Cle or someone for AP would be doubtful...i'm thrilled about that. also lynch may be out of the question. so that leaves quinn and brown as far as the offense goes....and all the defensive guys in the draft are a possibility.....sweet.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #9
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Umm, because we didnt get the 2 best FA's up there we should just quit? We were never in the running for those guys, I dont know what fantasy world you were living in...
It's not a case of living in a Fantasy World. I just would like to hear that we are at least seemingly active in FA for guys that we need to improve this 'ball club. No way would I wanna shell out those $$$ for Clements etc but at least throw your hat in the ring & show we are serious about getting better. As it is we don't do squat & we are still the laughing stock of the league...
Old 03-04-2007   #10
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Storm View Post
It's not a case of living in a Fantasy World. I just would like to hear that we are at least seemingly active in FA for guys that we need to improve this 'ball club. No way would I wanna shell out those $$$ for Clements etc but at least throw your hat in the ring & show we are serious about getting better. As it is we don't do squat & we are still the laughing stock of the league...
then go about it the redskins way. No thanks. Sign a few smart deals in FA then build through the draft until you can afford the hired hitmen in FA. Guys like Clements. I'd rather build a team on the chemistry of a solid core of player and i think between last draft and the one coming up we'll have those guys.

Seriously if you want a sport where a team can turn the page one player watch the NBA.
Old 03-04-2007   #11
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Our new GM = moron so far

How do you not resign Henry? Give him what he wants, the guy only played like 11 games and had over 1200 yards rushing. What more do you want?

Stupid stupid move (unless no one offers him a good deal and he comes back, which I HIGHLY doubt)

I'm very upset with this, as you can tell
Old 03-04-2007   #12
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

An unhappy Titan fan makes me happy!

Wasn't the item that brought the negotiations to a halt an $8,000,000 bonus that was to be paid now?

I think you now have a better understanding of Bottom Line Bud.
Old 03-04-2007   #13
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

on another note..if we do sign henry or another RB, the chances of us trading up wit Cle or someone for AP would be doubtful...i'm thrilled about that. also lynch may be out of the question. so that leaves quinn and brown as far as the offense goes....and all the defensive guys in the draft are a possibility.....sweet.
Man, if we get Landry & Henry, IMO that will solve 2 out of 3 of our biggest problems.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's go ahead and sign Henry...take him from a division rival. Isn't that 8mil due to him from the titans? It wouldnt surprise me if they're just trying to get the financial arrangements in line and all squared away...that seems to take the longest.

adding henry would be great...i still see us needing some help at WR,OL,DT hopefully we can cen a guy like maddox last year that was a good pick up. wr-is stallworth going to cost too much?

Next year we'll have twice as much $ to spend in free agency. our guys from last draft and this draft will have 1-2 years under their belt. we'll continue to build foundations from next years draft like LT maybe in the 1st...maybe a stud LB in the 2nd....and all that money for free agency..

i can't wait, we're going to be awesome...
Old 03-04-2007   #15
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10886 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Have the Texans scheduled Henry for a visit or is his agent saying we're interested just a smokescreen to get the Titans to pay him?
Old 03-04-2007   #16
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Have the Texans scheduled Henry for a visit or is his agent saying we're interested just a smokescreen to get the Titans to pay him?
I am hoping for a Monday or Tuesday visit myself, Just seen on the NFL channel that he is scheduled to meet with the Broncos today.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
I am hoping for a Monday or Tuesday visit myself, Just seen on the NFL channel that he is scheduled to meet with the Broncos today.
well i think that just sums it up....that means kubiak and smith want him to come visit now. lol
Old 03-04-2007   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 77683 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Our new GM = moron so far

How do you not resign Henry? Give him what he wants, the guy only played like 11 games and had over 1200 yards rushing. What more do you want?

Stupid stupid move (unless no one offers him a good deal and he comes back, which I HIGHLY doubt)

I'm very upset with this, as you can tell
Hate to say I told you so.........................who am I kidding? No I don't.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read