Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-03-2007   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade Carr to Detroit

Think about it. Look at the asinine deal Matt Millan just made for Tatum Bell. Maybe they would give us their 2nd and Roy Williams for Carr. That way they can still draft Calvin Johnson in the first and have Carr throwing to him! Thoughts?!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #2
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Carr to Detroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Think about it. Look at the asinine deal Matt Millan just made for Tatum Bell. Maybe they would give us their 2nd and Roy Williams for Carr. That way they can still draft Calvin Johnson in the first and have Carr throwing to him! Thoughts?!
Maybe they'd give us two of their four 5th round picks.
Old 03-03-2007   #3
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Detroit totally got the better of that deal with Denver. They gave up a 6th and got a 5th, they got Bell who is good insurance for Kevin Jones coming off of injury, and they got a starting RT and can keep Backus at LT. Now the 2nd overall pick doesn't necessarily have to be Joe Thomas as a NEED player.

They desperately need a DE, as they were thin to begin with, then traded James Hall to the Rams to give them a total of 4 - 5th round picks now (What is up with that by the way?)... So they can target a top DE with the 2nd, or trade down a few spots for someone that wants AP or Thomas at the #2 spot. They can get a quality top DE in the top 10 picks.

Dre Bly was a good man cover corner, and doesn't fit the cover 2 zone scheme Detroit runs with Marinelli, which requires a more physical run stopping corner, which Bly is not.

This is the one deal that Millen got right.

Last edited by kcwilson; 03-03-2007 at 10:19 AM. Reason: added content about DE
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #4
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

I HIGHLY (HIGHLY) doubt they'd give up Roy Williams along with that trade.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #5
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

I might have to consider trading Carr to Detroit for their #2, and see if we can work out the balance for a swap of #1's.

Then, our draft looks like
1.02/Adrian Peterson RB
2.02/Kalil C
2.07/ CB or DT or DE
3.09/Ryan Harris OT

This would even give us the flexibility to trade down out of the 2.07 spot, to extract proper value from a DT pick. Maybe pick up another 3rd/4th.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I might have to consider trading Carr to Detroit for their #2, and see if we can work out the balance for a swap of #1's.

1.02/Adrian Peterson RB
2.02/Kalil C
2.07/ CB or DT or DE
3.09/Ryan Harris OT

This would even give us the flexibility to trade down out of the 2.07 spot, to extract proper value from a DT pick. Maybe pick up another 3rd/4th.
If we do get the number 2 pick, Id take Joe Thomas. Even if Spencer comes back, we coulkd swing Spencer to RT, put Winston at RG, Thomas at LT, Pitts at LG and then get Kalli as =our new Center.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 03-03-2007   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No way most teams would give a second for Carr much less a second and a player like Roy. Plummer, just went for a 4th.
Old 03-03-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post

1.02/Adrian Peterson RB
2.02/Kalil C
2.07/ CB or DT or DE
3.09/Ryan Harris OT

Detroit would never go for something like that! Swap 1st round picks....meaning we take the 2nd overall pick and they drop 6 spots to 8th overall...AND they give us their 2nd round pick!?

We'd be lucky if they gave us their 3rd round pick for Carr. noway you're deal happens. sorry but it just aint gonna happen.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

If Rick Smith could make that happen, he would be the GM of the century.

We are going to be lucky to get a 4th round pick for Carr. To get their 1st and 2nd, we would have to give up our first, our second, Carr, our 3rd, and probably our 4th.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #10
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

By the thread title I thought this was merely going to be a play on the name Carr playing in Detroit.
Old 03-03-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we do get the number 2 pick, Id take Joe Thomas. Even if Spencer comes back, we coulkd swing Spencer to RT, put Winston at RG, Thomas at LT, Pitts at LG and then get Kalli as =our new Center.
If I were GM that is who I'd pick ...Joe Thomas. I value the lock OLT a lot more than most on the board though. I sitck a stake in that five year old monster for this franchise and drive the damn mallet hard to make sure it doesn't rise up again for say ten or twleve seasons. But that's just me. I know I can get a frachise RB, FS any draft...not an OLT. They're almost as rare as unicorns.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-03-2007 at 07:44 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #12
AtheGreat
Veteran

am i the only one that doesn't think kitna is horrible. i mean, the guy threw for the 5-6 most pass yards in the league. he just didn't have much oline help around him and some still-devloping WRs on either side of him.

all that to say, i think Detroit still takes the almight JT at 2. sorry.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheGreat View Post
am i the only one that doesn't think kitna is horrible. i mean, the guy threw for the 5-6 most pass yards in the league. he just didn't have much oline help around him and some still-devloping WRs on either side of him.

all that to say, i think Detroit still takes the almight JT at 2. sorry.
The thing is though that I do not see kitna as a Franchise QB and I don't see too much real talent in the Lion WR core. They have Roy, but then they really don't have a solid 2. If they can get Calvin Johnson they would have a 1 and 1a like Harrison and Wayne in Indy or Bouldin and Fitzgerald in ZOna.

If they can't get CJ, and JR is avalilable(maybe brady Quinn), it might be tough for them to pass one of them up.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 03-04-2007   #14
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

60 % of the time i'd pick JT over AD everytime!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read