Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-11-2004   #1
kgmvp
Rookie

Question Ray Lewis in madden cover

I dont really think its a good thing for ray lewis(it might be a good thing for the texans) to be on the cover since people like mike vick and marshall faulk have been injured in the preaseason after being in the madden cover
But it is official, ray lewis is in the madden cover
kgmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #2
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

Send a message via MSN to BigBang Send a message via Yahoo to BigBang

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh lord!!! Take me! Take me now!!!

I can't believe one of the most dominant LB's to take the field is about to take the plunge like this. At least he'll be a monster in the game (that always seems to be the tradeoff although the exception IMO is Daunte Culpepper).
Old 05-11-2004   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

this isn't a surprise at all...he was featured in the commercials that aired during the last draft and with the advent of the defensive playmaker control, it seems like a natural progression...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #4
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Call me crazy, but I don't see the curse returning this year...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #5
Dreadpiratebonzz
Rookie

I agree, I don't see Ray-Ray falling to the curse. Personaly I don't even think that there is a curse out there that could hurt him. But only time will tell and history has the upper hand. (can't forget about Eddie George)
Old 05-11-2004   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The website says since the defense has been enhanced for Madden 05 they wanted a defensive player on the cover. Now, I'm not superstitious or anything but I'm glad its Ray Lewis and not one of our guys.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
The website says since the defense has been enhanced for Madden 05 they wanted a defensive player on the cover.
I heard they added playmaking controls to defense, can anyone tell me what excatly they are if there are any???

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2004   #8
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

You can key on certain players, double team receivers and whack em with the right analog to injure them or knock the ball lose. The right analog trick could also lead to missed tackles, matt stevens
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #9
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
You can key on certain players, double team receivers and whack em with the right analog to injure them or knock the ball lose. The right analog trick could also lead to missed tackles, matt stevens
That sounds awesome, I love playing defense on Madden (offense is too easy), thanks for the info.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 05-11-2004   #10
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can key on certain players, double team receivers and whack em with the right analog to injure them or knock the ball lose.
Actually, I read that the right stick (Called the "hit" stick) will increase the chances of a fumble and the hit itself on defense, but not injuries... I'm not too sure, but I think the stick can also be used on offense to break tackles?

-Ben Franklin
Old 05-11-2004   #11
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281
Actually, I read that the right stick (Called the "hit" stick) will increase the chances of a fumble and the hit itself on defense, but not injuries... I'm not too sure, but I think the stick can also be used on offense to break tackles?
This is what www.madden2005.com has

Quote:
KEY FEATURES

New Hit Stick - Change the momentum of a game by using the right analog stick to make a huge hit, force a turnover, and send the crowd into a frenzy. Time it just right or you’ll get burned for a big play.

New Defensive Playmaker Control - You are now in complete control on defense. Modify pre-snap assignments, including double teams and player-specifi c match ups, for any defensive player on the field.

New Storyline Central - Get inside the NFL like you never have. Now your games are impacted by the stories that surround your team. Satisfy your star WR’s demands or watch your team chemistry suffer. Get the scoop from local and national newspapers, email from assistant coaches, and Tony Bruno’s weekly radio talk show.
I am digging the storyline central.

Old 05-12-2004   #12
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

This year sounds promising. I can't wait for it.
Old 05-12-2004   #13
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Say it aint so ray.....

Ray. Don't do it Ray. The greatest linebacker in the history of the game cannot fall victim to the curse. Wait......You hav to believe in curses in order to fall victim to it...........Not me. Alright Ray!
Old 05-12-2004   #14
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

if ray gets injured this season, only then will i believe in the curse.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if it gives you a better opportunity to sack the QB. I also hope that the control doesn't help you whack players to injure them. I don't want Madden to lose it's class and be like NFL Blitz or anything dumb like those games.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I wonder if it gives you a better opportunity to sack the QB. I also hope that the control doesn't help you whack players to injure them. I don't want Madden to lose it's class and be like NFL Blitz or anything dumb like those games.
Me too, but I also hope it allows you to set up defensive and offense playbooks and plays, because I'll be sending a 7 men blitz every third and long

Old 05-14-2004   #17
kgmvp
Rookie

Well....linebacker is a position were you have to be aware and concentrated on what your doing
If Ray thinks about getting injured and about the curse, then he will get injured
I think he will only get injured if he really believes in curses
kgmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #18
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

im sure Ray is thinking Superbowl and not curses.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #19
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I also hope that the control doesn't help you whack players to injure them. I don't want Madden to lose it's class and be like NFL Blitz or anything dumb like those games.
Don't worry... It won't.

-Ben Franklin
Old 05-15-2004   #20
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I am so sorry to here of Ray's misfortune (injury)/fortune $ . Either way I am sure he will make it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read