Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-03-2007   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Whos on your big board at the moment??

My top five:

1.) Joe Thomas
2.) Brady Quinn
3.) Adrian Peterson
4.) Laron Landry
5.) Amobi Okoye

The good thing is that I am 98% sure we will be able to get one of these guys.
Old 03-03-2007   #2
htownfoozball
Veteran

Default Re: Whos on your big board at the moment??

ill exclude thomas and johnson because theyre locks to go top 7.

peterson
landry
brown
houston
okoye
adams
anderson
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #3
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
My top five:

1.) Joe Thomas
2.) Brady Quinn
3.) Adrian Peterson
4.) Laron Landry
5.) Amobi Okoye

The good thing is that I am 98% sure we will be able to get one of these guys.
With some rearranging it is pretty much mine.

1) Adrian Peterson
2) Brady Quinn
3) Laron Landry
4) Joe Thomas
5) Amobi Okoye
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #4
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

My Texans big board (which is subject to change):
Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Adrian Peterson
LaRon Landry
Omobi Okoye
Levi Brown
JaMarcus Russell
Leon Hall

I am no fan of trading up. We have so many needs, and the draft is so deep at certain positions where we have need, that we are going to get a stud at #8. Now, trading down...that is a conversation I would welcome.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #5
amazingandre
All Pro

joe thomas
calvin johnson
laron landry
adrian peterson
levi brown
leon hall
brady quinn
these are my top guys with kalil very close....i base these on our needs at this point not the most talented in the draft....i think these are the players we need to take at 8.....jmo
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Joe Thomas- biggest area of need
Calvin Johnson- best player
Adrian Peterson- second best player
Gaines Adams- we need a pass rush
Levi Brown- see JT
Jammall Anderson- see Gaines Adams
LaRon Landry- also a huge need
Old 03-03-2007   #7
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Out of people we could get realistically:

1. Joe Thomas
2. Adrian Peterson
3. LaRon Landry (my personal pick at 8 if AD isn't there)
4. Levi Brown
5. Darelle Revis
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2007   #8
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

1 - Joe Thomas
2 - LaRon Landry
3 - Amobi Okoye
4 - Adrian Peterson
5 - Alan Branch

I don't think Peterson or Thomas will be at #8, but if either were to slip a couple of spots I wouldn't be upset if the Texans made a move to 4 and get one of them from the Bucs.

Okoye and Landry could be had a couple of spots lower than 8, but if that's the player they have targeted and want I'd have no problem taking them at 8. I'd hate to trade down only to miss out on the player because someone else took them.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

1.Calvin Johnson
2.Joe Thomas
3.Adrian Peterson
4.Laron Landry
5.Amobi Okoye
6.Brady Quinn
7.Gaines Adams

Jamarcus Russell doesn't make my top ten.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #10
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Jamarcus Russell (a need) - While he may be soft at the moment, you can't deny he's got the talent. The 2-a-days will burn that softness off. I'm thinking VY with a cannon for an arm.

2) Calvin Johnson (BPA. Not as big a need, but too good to pass up)

3) Joe Thomas (a need)

4) Adrian Peterson (a definite need)

5) Alan Branch (a need) - Not a glamorous pick, but would solidify our DL immediately.

6) Brady Quinn (a need)

7) Patrick Willis (an impact player & need)

8) LaRon Landry (a need)

9) Levi Brown (could move up if Spencer doesn't fully recover)

10) Amobi Okoye (phenominal potential)

Depending upon the extent of Spencer's recovery, these are the players that would be in the top 8 on my Texan's board.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #11
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

What anyone else be outrageously mad if we pick Levi Brown over LaRon Landry. We desperately need a FS. I know OL is a need as well, but we can get those in rounds 2-4.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Old 03-03-2007   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone but Brady Quinn, please.
Old 03-03-2007   #13
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Calvin Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Jamarcus Russell
Laron Landry
Amobi Okoye
Joe Thomas
Dwayne Jarrett
Old 03-03-2007   #14
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Anyone but Brady Quinn, please.
Yes, I agree with that. If he can't win the big games in college, he certainly can't win in the NFL.
Old 03-03-2007   #15
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

This is my list based on who we have a chance of getting.

1) Okoye. He's always been at the top of my list. I think he is going to be great.

2) Landry. He was near the top of my list and then fell off a little because I was hoping we would sign a FA safety like Hamlin. He's back on the list because of his Combine.

3) Brown. He was on my list because we need O-linemen and I still think he would be a good pick. I just don't think it would be good at #8. We would need to trade down and get an extra pick or two!

4) Willis. I really like him and think he will be a great player, but I think we would have to trade down a little to make it a good value pick, same as Brown. Wouldn't mind doing that either.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #16
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
1) Jamarcus Russell (a need) - While he may be soft at the moment, you can't deny he's got the talent. The 2-a-days will burn that softness off. I'm thinking VY with a cannon for an arm.
VY without the amazing mobility and winners mentality and passion for the game. Your left with a guy with a cannon for an arm, hello Jeff George Jnr.
Old 03-03-2007   #17
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I broke it down into groups. If nobody in group 1 is there, go to group 2.

1) Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, any other top talent that could slip
2) LaRon Landry, Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown, Patrick Willis
3) Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams, Alan Branch
Old 03-03-2007   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
What anyone else be outrageously mad if we pick Levi Brown over LaRon Landry. We desperately need a FS. I know OL is a need as well, but we can get those in rounds 2-4.
They hinted today that they are "going to pick up an OT, maybe two" that read to me someone in the third, someone in the fifth. If the guy they like in the fifth is who they have targeted.

You guys realy realy don't like Alan Branch do you ?
Old 03-03-2007   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
VY without the amazing mobility and winners mentality and passion for the game. Your left with a guy with a cannon for an arm, hello Jeff George Jnr.
you're waisting your bandwideth there kiwi. They ain't going to believe you untill they cary VY out off the feild in a body bag. But I agree with you he is the best running back playing quarterback in the league today. That might be enough for him to get to a super bowl before the hounds of war catch up with him.
Old 03-03-2007   #20
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
They hinted today that they are "going to pick up an OT, maybe two" that read to me someone in the third, someone in the fifth. If the guy they like in the fifth is who they have targeted.

You guys realy realy don't like Alan Branch do you ?
I like Branch. I do not like him for the Texans at 8. I like Okoye better than Branch, though, as my big board illustrates.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read