Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nate Clements signs with 49ers

dbspi

Waterboy
According to 610, Nate Clements signs with SF 49ers for 10 years 100 MM. Record setting, richest contract signed by any CB.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
and this is why you don't get into a bidding war with top FA's

I have no problem sitting back and grabbing solid players at a much cheaper price.

mikey21

Lifer
The 49ers have signed CB Nate Clements to the biggest contract ever given to a defensive player -- eight years, $80 million, including $22 million guaranteed.

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
yupyup, as soon as samuel was franchised, clements made a ridiculous amount of money. also, for those who questioned me when i said he would get 60+ million....pfft.

Actually I've read it's really backloaded so in reality it's a 6 yr. 44 mill contract. However the numbers if he makes it into the latter part of the deal are ridicolous and no matter what this is really gonna have an impact on FA now. Even if he doesn't get anywhere near the total.

J_R

Veteran
Add Michael Lewis To That Also. Besides The Richest Contract And All That But He Also Has Signed With The 49ers.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
I'm not saying this guy is the man but does anyone else think the 49ers have somehow done things a little better of late than the Texans. Remember fighting for that top pick?

TwinSisters

Veteran
I'm not saying this guy is the man but does anyone else think the 49ers have somehow done things a little better of late than the Texans. Remember fighting for that top pick?
yeah I was thinking the same thing, but I am not sold on their prospecting yet.

The NFC West isn't built like the AFC South. 7-9 isn't that far ahead of 6-10 in that respect.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
yeah I was thinking the same thing, but I am not sold on their prospecting yet.

The NFC West isn't built like the AFC South. 7-9 isn't that far ahead of 6-10 in that respect.
I guess what I'm looking at is the young QB being coached up and brought along while having the room to make moves like this. Add to that a stud RB and some guys on D that make a difference and they SEEM to moving in the right direction.

TwinSisters

Veteran
I guess what I'm looking at is the young QB being coahed up and brought along while having the room to make moves like this. Add to that a stud RB and some guys on D that make a difference and they SEEM to moving in the right direction.
yep.

It looks deceptive though when I compare the teams. San Fran gave up the most points in the NFL last year.

SF 298 for 412 against
HOU 267 for 366 against

Alex Smith looks better to me too, but that's more about how bad he looked to me last year.
( got benched for Cody Pickett )

Then you have to look at the other teams:
Is Seattle going to have the same banged up secondary?
Are the Rams going keep on sucking with a shoddy run defense?
Will the Cardinals finally rise up from the ashes?

on paper the Cardinals look pretty damn good and far superior to the 49ers on offense... yet they aren't when it comes to 16 games of play.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
yep.

It looks deceptive though when I compare the teams. San Fran gave up the most points in the NFL last year.

SF 298 for 412 against
HOU 267 for 366 against

Alex Smith looks better to me too, but that's more about how bad he looked to me last year.

on paper the Cardinals look pretty damn good and far superior to the 49ers on offense... yet they aren't when it comes to 16 games of play.
Good points. I think they have the guys in place though to make that move. They should be in the mix this year and I'd say in 2 years be competing on a higher level.

He would be 34 by the time that 8 year comes around, so the numbers look good, but they arnt even close to what he will get.

bluestars87

Practice Squad
yep.

SF 298 for 412 against
HOU 267 for 366 against

Excuse me? Alex Smith never got benched for Cody Pickett. Alex Smith has never gotten benched period. What are talking about?

TwinSisters

Veteran
Excuse me? Alex Smith never got benched for Cody Pickett. Alex Smith has never gotten benched period. What are talking about?
What did he get hurt or something then?

O ok... I see injury replacement. I saw that Chicago game with Pickett and I remember the calls for bring out the Rodeo star.