Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-02-2007   #1
bATXle red
Rookie

Default Texans after Garcia? (Bucs sign Garcia)

The Texans are pursuing free agent quarterback Jeff Garcia, who was not offered a new contract by Philadelphia.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4596957.html
Old 03-02-2007   #2
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Default Re: Texans after Garcia?

I also heard they were pursuing Ashley Lelie, Ken Hamlin, & Eric Steinbach via links & the chron. If we could get all of these and Landry that would be great! Problem is chances of that happening are slim. I hope we get Garcia, Steinbach, & Hamlin.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #3
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
I also heard they were pursuing Ashley Lelie, Ken Hamlin, & Eric Steinbach. If we could get all of these and Landry that would be great! Problem is chances of that happening are slim. I hope we get Garcia, Steinbach, & Hamlin.

Those three would be awesome!!

Old 03-02-2007   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bATXle red View Post
The Texans are pursuing free agent quarterback Jeff Garcia, who was not offered a new contract by Philadelphia.

Quick, how is he connected to Denver or Greenbay?

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #5
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
he might be going to Oakland. I hope we snag Garcia & others.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Old 03-02-2007   #6
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Just heard this news on 610. I think this is a good move to pursue Garcia and hopefully signing him to shorter term contract of maybe 2 years.

Other news I heard is that Texans are interested in acquiring more draft picks and are very reluctant to trade away any draft picks. Good move. This is the reason they backed away from Plummer deal.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #7
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bATXle red View Post

This make sense...Then we will be free to do what ever we want in the draft...ala trade back and get a couple more picks...or...put a package together to move up...or...Grab Quinn with the 8th pick...or...Oh Darn!! I gotta a headache!!!
Old 03-02-2007   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Because.

I'm.

Evil........

I guess if we draft Garcia, we won't have any fans mad that he is growing his hair too long.
Old 03-02-2007   #9
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I see your topless Garcia and raise you his wifey

Old 03-02-2007   #10
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Just posturing, IMO.

I wouldn't be opposed to Garcia being our QB, in fact, I'd prefer it to Plummer but I don't know we could afford him. I think our FO is doing everything possible to convince Denver to cut Jake.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #11
carter08
truth.

Rep Power: 70 carter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to carter08

Garcia is an upgrade on Carr
carter08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #12
bATXle red
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter08 View Post
Garcia is an upgrade on Carr
he looks to be greasier than carr as well
Old 03-02-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, is that really his wife? wasn't she in Playboy?...i mean i was told she was in play boy once....i gotta go.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #14
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post

Now that is just amazing!!!

Old 03-02-2007   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
he might be going to Oakland. I hope we snag Garcia & others.
Garcia played for Mariucci.

Mariucci was an assistant coach under Holmgren at Green Bay.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #16
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Damn, is that really his wife? wasn't she in Playboy?...i mean i was told she was in play boy once....i gotta go.
Yep, Carmella Decesare-Garcia
Old 03-02-2007   #17
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:

If Garcia doesn't come here as our QB, then at least get him in here to negotiate our contracts with Free Agents. WTF?!?!? How did he land her?
Old 03-02-2007   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thank you.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I thought Garcia was a rat?

I guess T.O. can't smell.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Quick, how is he connected to Denver or Greenbay?
Jeff Garcia used to play on the 49ers. While on the 49ers he was coached by Steve Mariucci, Steve Mariucci was the QB coach of the Green Bay Packers from 1992-1995.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read