Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-02-2007   #1
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP
Default Now this could happen!

1. Oakland: Qb Russell
2. Atlanta: from Detroit as Lions get Schaub (per Vinnie's post on Detroit thread) seems plausible to me. Falcons pick Calvin Johnson WR
3. Cleveland: Quinn QB
4.Tampa: Okoye DT
5.Arizona: Gaines Adams DE
6. Wash: Alan Branch DT
7. Vikings: Jamaal Anderson DE
8. Houston: Oh Lordy! Thomas or Peterson. Now we talking!
Old 03-02-2007   #2
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Now this could happen!

I kinda think that Thomas doesn't fall past Cleveland or Tampa, but it'd increase our chances at Peterson nonetheless.
Old 03-02-2007   #3
AtheGreat
Veteran

that doesn't seem ridicuously far-fetched. i dont see arizona passing up on thomas. but it would increase our chances of seeing AP at 8.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #4
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Thomas will not go past Arizona. Need you forget they sent L. Davis packing basically.
Old 03-02-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
Thomas will not go past Arizona. Need you forget they sent L. Davis packing basically.
Any chance Joe Thomas can play RT for the cards? seeing how Leinart is Left Handed i would imagine they need a stud RT not LT.

I truthfully think Levi Brown would be an awesome RT for the cards.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #6
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Any chance Joe Thomas can play RT for the cards? seeing how Leinart is Left Handed i would imagine they need a stud RT not LT.

Good point.
Old 03-02-2007   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

joe thomas doesn't pass the bucs. no. way. ever.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-02-2007   #8
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Congratulations on your GUESS. My guess is just as valid, but I do understand your reasoning. Ain't it fun to GUESS?
Old 03-02-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

my guess actually makes sense, though.
Old 03-02-2007   #10
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
my guess actually makes sense, though.
It sure does. But mine does too. Yes it does. Yes it does. yesitdoes!!
Old 03-02-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post
Yes it does. Yes it does. yesitdoes!!
- "That's What She Said"
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #12
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
What if the best QB ever, Brady Quinn, falls to Tampa, and they still don't have a QB? Gruden would pass on Thomas to take the awesome Quinn, right?
Old 03-02-2007   #13
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Washington has expressed disinterest in a DE or a DT. They could trade down. But the thought of Thomas AND Peterson AND Landry on the board are exhilarating!!!!!!!!!
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
What if the best QB ever, Brady Quinn, falls to Tampa, and they still don't have a QB? Gruden would pass on Thomas to take the awesome Quinn, right?
oooh i see what you did there!
Old 03-02-2007   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

Wow, someone who actually uses his head. Brown isn't worth that early of a pick. It is looking more and more like we will have our pick between G.Adams, Quinn, Branch, or Peterson.
Old 03-02-2007   #16
22cannon
Rookie

No way Tampa takes Okoye that early, keep dreaming.
22cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #17
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
Washington has expressed disinterest in a DE or a DT. They could trade down. But the thought of Thomas AND Peterson AND Landry on the board are exhilarating!!!!!!!!!
It would be. But, just like a free lunch, it cannot happen. Hungry teams below us will trade up. Washington is a big, big threat to trade down. They have a 1st rounder and then...what...a sixth? Yeah, they're hungry. (edit --- teams will trade up to grab Peterson, I fear)

Tampa definitely picks Quinn, absent CJ or Russell on the board. Simms is not the answer.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #18
Xman
Veteran

IF Quinn moves back up - which is possible - then the top 5 gets interesting. But, it is doubtful that anyone else moves up into that top 5-6 area. I say 5-6 in case one of the DL steps up.

So, we are still looking at:
CJ goes top 4 period.
Russell goes top 7 (probably a lot higher)
Quinn (who knows but for this lets say top 7)
Thomas - wont get past AZ - in fact if AZ had the 1st pick I think it would be him.

So:
Oakland (or team that deals up): one of the top 3 0f CJ/best qb/Thomas.
Detroit (or team that deals up): another of the top 3.
Cleveland: either last of top 3 or AP
Tampa Bay: CJ if there, otherwise Thomas or QB
AZ: Thomas if there; otherwise DE (which is value to fill a moderate need but could trade down)
Wash: Looking to deal down - teams looking at a QB will target here to get ahead of Minn/Hou/Miami who should all consider qb. So, probably the 2nd qb if on the board - otherwise BPA which should be DL.
Minn: QB is a huge need, but if both QBs are gone, then WR has to be considered if they think Ginn is worth the pick. If Cleve passed on AP and he is still there, then they could deal down with someone like GB trying to jump in front of the Texans. At 16, Ginn would be a great value and if he is gone they could take Meachum.
Hou: I would love to see AP there, but I just don't believe he slides. I would take a QB if either of the top 2 are there - but I think they will both be gone also. Thomas and CJ will be long gone. That leaves DL and I think we focus on DE; Gaines Adams if he is there, JAnderson if he is gone.

That is the way I see it - but who knows what changes in the next month.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #19
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
It would be. But, just like a free lunch, it cannot happen. Hungry teams below us will trade up. Washington is a big, big threat to trade down. They have a 1st rounder and then...what...a sixth? Yeah, they're hungry. (edit --- teams will trade up to grab Peterson, I fear)

Tampa definitely picks Quinn, absent CJ or Russell on the board. Simms is not the answer.
I agree. I know that scenario is very unlikely, but we now have a better chance at getting one of them, while the other 2 having already been chosen.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #20
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

In the 2003 draft Jordan Gross was the top rated LT prospect and fell to Carolina at....you guessed it #8. I can't remember everything about the predraft talk before that draft and I don't remember if Gross was rated as high as Thomas, but once the draft starts you never know what happens.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read