Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: WHo would you prefer to come to Houston?
Joey Porter 15 57.69%
Joe Horn 2 7.69%
Ashley Lelie 6 23.08%
Brandon Stokley (Pending Release) 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2007   #1
texansrock
Rookie

Default what do you guys think...........

the chances of Horn or Porter coming to Houston are? which would you rather have and why?
texansrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: what do you guys think...........

A left offensive tackle...er a compitent left offensive tackle.
Old 03-02-2007   #3
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Ian Scott or Michael Myers.
Old 03-02-2007   #4
real

Ashley Lelie will probably be signed before the end of today.
Old 03-02-2007   #5
mannyo123
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to mannyo123

none of the above
Old 03-02-2007   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I too want an offensive, left-handed, component tackle.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansrock View Post
the chances of Horn or Porter coming to Houston are? which would you rather have and why?
Porter doesn't fit anymore. Are we switching back to the 3-4 again ?

When are you guys going to quit splashing around on the thirty something free agents, drown in the dead cap money the following year(s), before you figgure it out. It doesn't work. I mean a little kid sticks his finger in the socket once and he gets it. You guys seem to enjoy the stings. Thanks but no thanks.
Old 03-02-2007   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251514 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Lelie but for no other reason than that I think the others have no chance of being here. Horn I don't think we need (We just sent Eric Moulds packing), Porter and Stokely I can't imagine ever wanting to be here.
Old 03-02-2007   #9
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Imma like the guys above ... down with the O-line thing 1st & foremost but I suppose if it was one on the list it'd be either JHorn or BStokley, depending on who's younger.
Old 03-02-2007   #10
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo123 View Post
none of the above
I second that. I would like to see the Texans take a page out of the Patriots "how to succeed with low profile free agent signings" book. Several mediocre signings would be major upgrades to our offense and defense as compared to one high profile, high dollar value signing.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I too want an offensive, left-handed, component tackle.
Quote:
I'm totally in on getting Kalil in the second. After that I'll just tell you (again) that I want DBs and OLs.
uh huh
Old 03-02-2007   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
uh huh
So....offensive, left-handed, component tackles aren't offensive linemen?

Old 03-02-2007   #13
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30558 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Kris Dielman, guard, Chargers

Damion McIntosh, left tackle, Dolphins

These would be my choices.

They may be a long shot, but I wouldn't mind if the Texans at least showed interest in them.
Old 03-02-2007   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Wow, he's right. I looked it up, and it says right in there that Santo's Jesus Christ!

Old 03-02-2007   #15
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30558 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Wow, he's right. I looked it up, and it says right in there that Santo's Jesus Christ!

lol
Old 03-02-2007   #16
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

Would habe the check the expenses, but Luke Pettigout would be an improvement.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read