Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-01-2007   #1
texman8
Veteran

Default GBN draft mock

http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

Their mock includes several trades within top 5 picks.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #2
newport texan
Veteran

Smile Re: GBN draft mock

who is Calvin Russell?? dayum.... dude came outta nowhere
newport texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: GBN draft mock

Thanks for posting this. I've been waiting for these sites to finally update it.

This is a funny mock. It would never happen. too many trades for the top 3 picks. Tampa Bay, Atlanta, and Houston GM's should all be fired if this were to go down.

We give up our 1st and 3rd this year, our 3rd next year and Carr? I wouldn't do it. Even if they did i'd take joe thomas over adrian peterson and then I'd take Ryan kalil in the 2nd. that would fix o-line problem once and for all.

horrible horrible mock. i used to like GBN but this should be some sort of joke.

Especially what Tampa Bay has to give up. and atlanta.

Kinda makes you figure why nobody gave us a good enough offer for our 1st last year. two 1sts and a 3rd. when one they are the 4th pick in the round. and who knows about next year.

i'm done....on a rant!!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by newport texan View Post
who is Calvin Russell?? dayum.... dude came outta nowhere
That's what i was thinking. He flew way under the radar, especially being a wr from georgia tech. I guess Johnson got all the recognition.
Old 03-02-2007   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy is prety nice. You e-mail him..he writes you back. He prety much does the site by himself. I think you should give him some slack at a brain fart producing a mock including trades late into the night. Prety remarkable all the info he gets out for us....for free. I mean it took you guys weeks to crank out mock 3.0.

As far as the mock itself...I think there was more than a few of us if you told us after two rounds we'd be sitting with All Day & Griffin with the trade we'd be prety happy. Adam Schaftner is reporting that he expects multipul player deals leading up to the draft. So there must be an under current of something out there. I think he's got the guys slotted correctly and the deals are on target as far as fair value.

thanks for the post texman8 rep your way.
Old 03-02-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

interesting mock, to say the least. but why in the hell would the bucs want to trade up for jamarcus russell. he's not a gruden quarterback at ALL.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #7
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

I like the GBN site, but when they start projecting trades into their mock, I just can't take it seriously. They should mention trade rumors, but just do a straight mock. No one would fault them if there were trades later.

...and they need a proofe reeder! Calvin Russell??
Old 03-02-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
I like the GBN site, but when they start projecting trades into their mock, I just can't take it seriously. They should mention trade rumors, but just do a straight mock. No one would fault them if there were trades later.

...and they need a proofe reeder! Calvin Russell??
Well when and if we get a two round mock out of you...I will concur.
Old 03-02-2007   #9
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
The guy is prety nice. You e-mail him..he writes you back. He prety much does the site by himself. I think you should give him some slack at a brain fart producing a mock including trades late into the night. Prety remarkable all the info he gets out for us....for free. I mean it took you guys weeks to crank out mock 3.0.

As far as the mock itself...I think there was more than a few of us if you told us after two rounds we'd be sitting with All Day & Griffin with the trade we'd be prety happy. Adam Schaftner is reporting that he expects multipul player deals leading up to the draft. So there must be an under current of something out there. I think he's got the guys slotted correctly and the deals are on target as far as fair value.

thanks for the post texman8 rep your way.

Since we're all spellchecking...pretty has 'two-t's'
Old 03-02-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

I've always liked that site and the information on it.

Just because he may be a nice guy or make a two round mock doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

I think he took a lot of liberty making those trades in the top three, and I happen to disagree with just about all of them. I have my opinion and would be disappointed if we gave up carr and those picks for those two players.

you can have yours and be happy we got rid of carr and two thirds. it's just a difference of opinion.
Old 03-02-2007   #11
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
interesting mock, to say the least. but why in the hell would the bucs want to trade up for jamarcus russell. he's not a gruden quarterback at ALL.
agreed and obviously they jumped the gun now that the bucs have plummer.

i'm liking the atlanta trade up for CJ though. that would be HUGE for vick.

I'm still NOT understanding us trading up for AP when their still seems to be a chance he would actually fall to us. Makes no sense but whatever.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read