Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2004   #1
J-Man
Veteran

Default Hovan available...do we bite?

Lot of talk in the last week before the trade deadline about Chris Hovan being available for a deal...he's a proven player with a great motor, any thoughts? Only other guys that are out there are WR's McCardell and Rice and I sure can't see us picking either one of them up.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Yeah i dont think we need any other WR cause our group is doing really well together and plus we have GOOD back up WR's if any of the #1s go down ! Hmmm what is the main place we are lacking depth ? Secondary or D-line ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
Yeah i dont think we need any other WR cause our group is doing really well together and plus we have GOOD back up WR's if any of the #1s go down ! Hmmm what is the main place we are lacking depth ? Secondary or D-line ?
Hovan is a DT. The guy for the MN Vikings with all the tatoos.
Old 10-17-2004   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yes i know this ,,,he said up there in his post that he wants him and the only other guys up are WR ,,,i was agreeing with him about NOT needing a WR.
Old 10-17-2004   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 70964 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

For some reason, I dont think he will be a cheap acquisition. So even if for some odd reason he is on the block, I dont see us biting.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #6
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

supposedly he had a down year last year and tice takes him out for a lot of plays to help him perform better. unless hes added as depth or we mix it up with the 4-3 whos he gunna replace? might have a nice little 4 man rotation though. unless the vikes are trying to unload the guy, i dont see why theyd want to give him up, id only give up a 2nd rder for him.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #7
phan1
All Pro

No, we really don't need him, and I personnally don't want him. He's an overrated player IMO. Plus, we don't run a 4-3 defense. Hovan does not fit our 3-4 D in any way. He's not a huge run stuffer in any way, which makes him a no-go as a nose tackle. And at DE, we have Walker and Smith. Add in Deloach and Sears for depth and I think we are OK. Hovan would not be able to replace any of our starters. He commands too much money and a attention for us to add him in for depth. Plus, I don't like motor-mouths that under-perform.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2004   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Hovan = Hoverrated
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #9
Rosusu
All Pro

I agree with everyone, he is not worth the money and I am happy with all of our d line starters.
Old 10-18-2004   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

I havent been happy with our D-Line but after the Titnas game i saw a lot of improvment,,,lets see if they can keep it up and stop the run like they did sunday ! But 4 yards a carry is still to much in my opinion !!!
Old 10-18-2004   #11
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

I seem to remember hearing that Casey Hampton would be a free agent next season. Does anyone know for certain his contract status? Now that he may be out for the season, i wonder if that might increase the odds of him becoming a Texan next year, assuming there is mutual interest. He plays nose tackle for Pittsburgh's 3-4 defense.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #12
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Steelers won't let him go. He is the key to their defense.
Old 10-18-2004   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hovan = Hoverrated
Couldnt of said it better. However, he is great in Madden because of his speed...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #14
Panther5407
All Pro

Do you have to get a roster update online to have him or is he already on a team?
Old 10-18-2004   #15
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

What on earth are you talking about. I was referring to CASEY HAMPTON.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read