Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-01-2007   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brian Robison

I heard this on the radio this morning and was looking at more combine stuff this week. Robison ran a 4.66/4.62 40. He had a 40-inch vertical, 10-foot-1 broad jump, 27 reps of 225 pounds. Besides the reps on the bench he had better if not similar stats to Mario. So why is a guy like this any different than last year?I guess this post is part amazement and part tongue in cheek. Earlier in the week I talked on here about how I thought the combine was alot of hype when there were better ways to look at guys. Alot of people disagreed and that is great. I like the debates. I just find it funny that we take a guy #1 with these incredible measurables yet another may move up the charts but isn't getting the hype. If this has been talked about, I'm sorry. I just found this out of whack.
Old 03-01-2007   #2
htownfoozball
Veteran

Default Re: Brian Robison

uhh...well he's not 6'7 290lbs.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Robinson 6'3'' 259
Mario 6'7'' 295

nuff said...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

But I do like Brian Robison, wouldn't mind if we picked him up.
Old 03-01-2007   #5
AGGIEZ
Rookie

I'd take a late round flyer on Robinson. Not sure where he is slated to be drafted but the kid plays with a motor which is a good addition to his measurables....
AGGIEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Did'nt Babin put up numbers like that?
Old 03-01-2007   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Mario did...Robinson had better quickness numbers though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2007   #8
AGGIEZ
Rookie

Quote:
Good point, but I don't think this staff is as stupid as the Casserly staff. They wouldn't spend a last #1\early #2 on a player like this...atleast I hope they wouldn't...
Old 03-01-2007   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

As others have pointed out the size is the biggest difference in the two guys. You don't really see many guys Mario's size with those kinds of numbers, but Robison does look like a good prospect. Reminds me a bit of David Pollack. I think he'll be successful in the NFL be it as a 3-4 OLB or a situation pass rusher type.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #10
AGGIEZ
Rookie

Anyone have any idea where Robinson is slated to be drafted?
Old 03-01-2007   #11
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGIEZ View Post
Anyone have any idea where Robinson is slated to be drafted?
Would'nt be shocked if NE took this kid...
Old 03-01-2007   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
As others have pointed out the size is the biggest difference in the two guys. You don't really see many guys Mario's size with those kinds of numbers, but Robison does look like a good prospect. Reminds me a bit of David Pollack. I think he'll be successful in the NFL be it as a 3-4 OLB or a situation pass rusher type.
yep, he is a classic tweener....

*clears throat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Casserly
you see, he's a classic tweener. I'd compare him to Kevin Greene....wait, I compared Babin to Greene a few years ago...well, you see, he's Laurence Taylor, yeah, you see, he is a white LT

Old 03-01-2007   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I'm going to miss CC's voice as he explained his picks after the draft. He's got such a soothing & calm voice much like that of Dick Cheney. You know the "how dare you question me you lowly peasant" type of tone. Every year he would have us believe we just landed the next LT or Jim Brown. Just thinking about it gets me all misty eyed.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Robinson 6'3'' 259
Mario 6'7'' 295

nuff said...
I hear ya and I know that the size matters.....we are told. I just threw it out there as bait. Pretty impressive speed and vertical. Can't teach that..right..ok: Just some fun combine talk.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 03-01-2007 at 10:47 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #15
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I hear ya and I know that the size matters.....we are told. I just threw it out there as bait. Pretty impressive speed and vertical. Can't teach that..right..ok: Just some fun combine talk.
I hear ya too. Im pretty sure Babin put similar numbers like that at the combine, which caused a certain GM to fall in love with him...
Old 03-01-2007   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

iwould like to see us draft robison in the 5th rd. (local guy splendora, tx.)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #17
newport texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
i dont think there are ANY guys Mario's size that have those kind of numbers...ever
newport texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by newport texan View Post
i dont think there are ANY guys Mario's size that have those kind of numbers...ever
what did Carriker run this year?

Old 03-02-2007   #19
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
what did Carriker run this year?
4.90 I think.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #20
newport texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
4.90 I think.
not only was he not even in the same league in the 40as Mario..his vert was 33"

Mario HAS to be the biggest guy ever to vertical jump 40"
newport texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read