Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-01-2007   #1
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Default Starting to worry that Andre Johnson

will BOLT first chance he gets. He's the only SUPERSTAR player we have on our team. He's a relatively quiet and reserved guy, but you know he's got to be getting tired of playing for a losing team with a horrible QB, and now an uncertain future QB.

Then the Texans CUT his good friend Eric Moulds. Remember the main reason Moulds came here was because of Andre. How do you think he feels now that they just dump him after one year?

I'm not sure what his contract status is, but they better not EVER let him even sniff the open market or he's gone. And I'd hate to see it get ugly by tagging him every year...
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Starting to worry that Andre Johnson

I would hate that, too. Get him another good reciever, with a better QB than Carr. I believe he would be happy then.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Watch Pros vs. Joes. It's on right now. Kordell Stewart is on and he looks better than Carr.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

He is still signed for a few more years.
Old 03-01-2007   #5
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

If we arent good by the time AJ is up for resigning... then he deserves to get out of here. 2009 I think? Could be wrong.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #6
WillyP
Rookie

We'd franchise him anyway, so even if he did agree to sign with another team they'd have to pay out the nose in compensatory picks.

AJ is the least of my worries.
WillyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #7
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Johnson left, he looks very frustrated at times on the sidelines and in post-game interviews. On the other hand he's been to the pro-bowl twice, and I think he likes the organization and the city. If we turn it around here in the next season or two, and maybe give him a new QB to throw him the ball I don't think he'll be that anxious to bolt.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2007   #8
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Bah, too early to worry about it. Winning cures everything and 2007 could be the Texans first winning year......
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #9
MATRIX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyP View Post
We'd franchise him anyway,
AJ is the least of my worries.

Really?

What if AP is still around at #8, an plays as he should. Then what, who is the better player? Who do you tag?
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #10
dantem
Veteran

Loosing johnson would not be so horrible. What did he do last year?

Dropped a ton of passes in critical situations.

Caught more passes than anyone in the league and went to the Pro Bowl? Lets not forget that he was the only reciever thrown to on the team (by design) and they were all short dump off passes. and by the way... Who completed all those passes? Oh yeah, we can't give him credit for the completions, we don't like him anymore.

He does not have the speed to get open downfield, so we are restricted to short passes as long as he is our number 1 reciever.

His open field breakaway ability was almost non existant last year.

I think he and D-Rob both are riding on their first few years here and need to get back on their game this year.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #11
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

I think we need to address the playmakers on offense. If we get a couple or even just one this year, I think he will feel better knowing that he won't have to do a majority of the work. Personally I could see him being happy with CJ or AP.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATRIX View Post
Really?

What if AP is still around at #8, an plays as he should. Then what, who is the better player? Who do you tag?
Peterson will still be in the middle of his rookie contract, you won't have to worry about that.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #13
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stros5Texans80 View Post
I think we need to address the playmakers on offense. If we get a couple or even just one this year, I think he will feel better knowing that he won't have to do a majority of the work. Personally I could see him being happy with CJ or AP.

We need to pick up a fast reciever who can be a deep threat to replace Moulds.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

We've got so many other things to worry about, you shouldn't worry about this right now. But if it did happen I could see the whole offense collapse, and maybe the whole team, if he left. He is one of the few bright spots on our team and it would be a huge disappointment if he left.
Old 03-01-2007   #15
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Peterson will still be in the middle of his rookie contract, you won't have to worry about that.
Yep. Granted we have a competent QB, we'd have a pretty good team. Houston would be able to keep Johnson with little worries.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I think AJ will leave us after we franchise him for two years of him refusing to sign a long term deal i think our only option is to get a decent QB to throw him the ball and no i dont mean them David Carr 2 to 6 Yard Bombs.
winning cures everything and our weakest point in this teams is our QB as of right now.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #17
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

If we do not get better he will be gone along with D-ROB.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #18
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
I think AJ will leave us after we franchise him for two years of him refusing to sign a long term deal i think our only option is to get a decent QB to throw him the ball and no i dont mean them David Carr 2 to 6 Yard Bombs.
winning cures everything and our weakest point in this teams is our QB as of right now.
Maybe you think your redundant posts about Carr are entertaining but I've read too much of the same junk. It isn't completely inaccurate, and I'm not a Carr homer, but give it a rest. We already know your 'thoughts' on it. Not to mention it is posts like that that bring out the Carr loyalists in full force, at which point the redundancy is multiplied two to three times.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #19
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Andre isn't going anywhere whether he likes it or not. Unless he wants to retire, we aren't going to let him go.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read