Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-01-2007   #1
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sleeper DB's

This I came across just looking around.

http://www.draftshowcase.com/KlundFeature.htm

Probably not a drafted guy, maybe just camp fodder. I was just wondering what you all thought. Other small school DB's include Travarous Bain from Hampton http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=10993

Craig Dahl, North Dakota State and
Michael Coe, Alabama State
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sleeper DB's

There's a lot of them out there this draft for sure. I like the Syracuse guy. The wyoming guy and the Oregon St. guy will be on the board top of the third. I like David Irons and the Tennesse kid Wade, as CBs. Just a lot of good prospects that'll be on the board durring day one.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2007-...tigation_x.htm

Just subtrack who is not in this guys top 64...lots of tallent sliding into rounds three and four at the defensive skill positions.
Old 03-01-2007   #3
htownfoozball
Veteran

corey graham CB new hampshire

rod rogers FS wisconsin (injured his ACL or MCL in the bowl game)
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

My two favorites are Bain and Grahm. Both will be above solid in the league IMO.
Old 03-01-2007   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you guys think of the DB from Syracuse? I forgot his name...Jackson i think...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #6
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Thumbs up Re: Sleeper DB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
What do you guys think of the DB from Syracuse? I forgot his name...Jackson i think...
Tanard? He'll be a sleeper as well. CB is actually pretty deep this year. We must draft a DB in rounds 1-3.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #7
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

Tennessee's Jonathan Wade is a good option that will go second day. A track star at UT, not a particular flashy kind of player. Best memory I have was him picking JaMarcus Russell off down in Death Valley and taking it to like the 3 yard line. Set us up and got us back in that game. Led the rally from down like 20 points to a victory in OT. The kids quick, decent nickel option.
Old 03-02-2007   #8
22cannon
Rookie

John Wendling from WYo or Sabby Piscatelli from ORe. those are the best guys going into the 3rd round.
22cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

this guy is not a sleeper but rated nowhere near his ability level & someone for the Texans to investigate seriously (some off field issues from past). Eric Wright CB UNLV. had a great combine and watching drills impressed me more than any other cb, very aggressive moves towards the ball. here is a breakdown of combine #s with one of the top WR prospects who also had an outstanding combine. notice how similar the measureables are & know this could be a head to head future match-up in the NFL-

Jason Hill WR WSU........6-1 204 4.32 (20)2.50 (10)1.49 (vertical)37 (b. jump) 10'3" (shuttle) 4.22 (cone) 7.02
Eric Wright CB UNLV.....5-11 192 4.36 (20)2.55 (10)1.48 (vertical)36 1/2 (b. jump)10'3" (shuttle)4.23 (cone)6.93

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #10
htownfoozball
Veteran

as much as i like wright and his measurables, hes very raw. i would rather take a sleeper CB later in the 5th with similar measurables from a small school like corey graham or travarous bain. chances are we will take landry, so we can afford to take a CB later due to having the safety having his back.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
as much as i like wright and his measurables, hes very raw. i would rather take a sleeper CB later in the 5th with similar measurables from a small school like corey graham or travarous bain. chances are we will take landry, so we can afford to take a CB later due to having the safety having his back.
not with those measureables, they're elite. I would have no problem drafting safety & cb 1-2. at least the secondary would be set

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read