Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-01-2007   #1
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48
Default ESPN Top 30 FA

Didn't see this posted...

Quote:
22. Ken Hamlin - Overcame serious head injury sustained in 2005 to reclaim his starting spot last season and played well, especially versus the run. A big hitter with limited range and is always going to be most effective playing close to the line. Possible landing spot: Houston, Carolina.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2784159
Old 03-01-2007   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN Top 30 FA

Sorry not interested in a S with "limited rnage" and is "most effective playing close to the line" I think we've got ont or two of those kinds of safet's.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #3
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather have Mr. Unpronounceable from Cincy...Kevin Kadlkjaewkgljkjg;lbj;kjkshan.
Old 03-01-2007   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Ken Hamlin? Didn't he get into a brawl outside of a night club and get beat in the head with a stop sign?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I'd rather have Mr. Unpronounceable from Cincy...Kevin Kadlkjaewkgljkjg;lbj;kjkshan.
I agree just a bit leary cause he's never been teh guy at FS, usually brought in on teh nickel.
Old 03-01-2007   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Hamlin

Yep it was him. After they beat Houston.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #7
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I agree just a bit leary cause he's never been teh guy at FS, usually brought in on teh nickel.
He's still an upgrade over what we're trotting out there now.
Old 03-01-2007   #8
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
He's still an upgrade over what we're trotting out there now.
Oh I agree, just I'm leary of the cost.
Old 03-01-2007   #9
KennyHolmes99
Rookie

Quote:
22. Ken Hamlin - Overcame serious head injury sustained in 2005 to reclaim his starting spot last season and played well, especially versus the run. A big hitter with limited range and is always going to be most effective playing close to the line. Possible landing spot: Houston, Carolina.
That is just an analysts point of view, which has about just as much credibility as you or I saying it. Don't take it seriously.
KennyHolmes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #10
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Talking Re: ESPN Top 30 FA

I'll take Clements, Steinbach, and Harper. That's all.
Old 03-01-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd prefer hamlin at FS than some of the SS FA's people are talking about.

We need some FA DL and Ol help...anybody know who's out there? i hope we get landry in the draft.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #12
MATRIX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
i'd prefer hamlin at FS than some of the SS FA's people are talking about.

We need some FA DL and Ol help...anybody know who's out there? i hope we get landry in the draft.

I agree, but everything is pointing to us taking Peterson by some odd trade.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATRIX View Post
I agree, but everything is pointing to us taking Peterson by some odd trade.
That's what I hear. I just don't get it though. with spencer injured, mckinney our center, winston still needs improvement, weaver undergone surgery, maddox our best tackle, mario playing injured all season long, dunta our one true guy in the secondary...no true #2 cb, no true starter at fs.

those are my reasons against the trade with cleveland. we'd give up too many draft picks...and smith is saying we are building this team up..we're taking bpa, and building the lines up. you dont do that by trading away most of your picks to get an often injured yet amazing running back. we will get 3 true starters for our team by sticking where we are at 8.

if we do the trade, sage or plummer will be our QB? peterson will start behind this o-line? and we won't have picks for our more important NEEDS when REBUILDING the team??

MARK MY WORDS. THIS TRADE WILL NOT HAPPEN FOR PETERSON. COUNT IT, I'LL SIGN IT IN MY BLOOD. -but if it does i will buy a peterson jersey.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the idea of chasing Nick Harper. Sounds like a solid corner to pair with Dunta.

He would be an upgrade over Faggins.
Old 03-01-2007   #15
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHolmes99 View Post
That is just an analysts point of view, which has about just as much credibility as you or I saying it. Don't take it seriously.
Just posting it for those who hadn't seen it yet.
Old 03-01-2007   #16
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I like the idea of chasing Nick Harper. Sounds like a solid corner to pair with Dunta.

He would be an upgrade over Faggins.

Agreed...added to that taking him from the colts
Old 03-01-2007   #17
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Harper more of a Cover 2 guy though? not really our style...

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read