Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-01-2007   #1
ib4texans
Veteran

Default I want Marshawn Lynch as a Texan

If AP is unavailable at 8 I want Lynch as a Texan. He runs like he is angry! He cuts really well and he catches really well. I'm not going to discount him just because he played in California. I would really like to see somebody come in here and fire our offense up!
Old 03-01-2007   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I want Marshawn Lynch as a Texan

as one person said on this board at one time, we dont want him because he looks and talks like a thug, HAHAHA

nah but MarShawn would be real cool as a texan, alot of big time plays
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
as one person said on this board at one time, we dont want him because he looks and talks like a thug, HAHAHA
And would that have been Bob McNair ?
McNair reportedly left one Reggie Bush on the Board because he wasn't squeeky clean, so what makes you think he'd take this guy ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #4
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:

nah but MarShawn would be real cool as a texan, alot of big time plays

Yeah! that's just moronic. I don't care if he looks like a thug as long as he isn't one. As long as he's playing the game and not sitting in jail I'm cool with that. Laurence Maroney plays for the Patriots, so did Doug Gabriel. They looked pretty thug-like and they played for the Boyscouts of America.
Old 03-01-2007   #5
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

What is "Looks like a thug"???

Dookie braids?
Tats?

Dunta Robinson???
Old 03-01-2007   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing I have against Lynch is that he got stuffed on a one on one play at the goal line. Him vs the backer and he got punked in the hole. He isn't Curtis Martin. Think an eight is a prety high gamble on him. You're telling me we're moving down, lightening the cap hit on the guy, I'll buy that. Not in the eight slot please. Going to be inresting to see what else they have in mind the next couple of weeks. I hope the brain trust has a plan and they are not flying by the seat of their pants.
Old 03-01-2007   #7
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
The only thing I have against Lynch is that he got stuffed on a one on one play at the goal line. Him vs the backer and he got punked in the hole. He isn't Curtis Martin. Think an eight is a prety high gamble on him. You're telling me we're moving down, lightening the cap hit on the guy, I'll buy that. Not in the eight slot please. Going to be inresting to see what else they have in mind the next couple of weeks. I hope the brain trust has a plan and they are not flying by the seat of their pants.

He'll be gone if we keep 8 and wait for the second round. I don't want to pay too much,but I don't want to miss the boat either. Wher do you see him being picked?
Old 03-01-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well then you get to pick the CB or the second teired DEs at the eight and follow that up with the BPA Rb in rounds 2-4. There's a pile on the board. All shapes and sizes all day long. I want Brown on the o-line. I think we're both going to have to get use to some hart ache this spring. I could see if they got a pratner with Quinn still on the board, they move down and take the guy. My big question is if the Bears want a pair of thirds for Thomas Jones, why wouldn't you just make that cap freindly deal there and plug two holes ?
I'd rather bring in a piece to the rotation than to tie up money in one guy. I like the platoon system.
Old 03-01-2007   #9
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well then you get to pick the CB or the second teired DEs at the eight and follow that up with the BPA Rb in rounds 2-4. There's a pile on the board. All shapes and sizes all day long. I want Brown on the o-line. I think we're both going to have to get use to some hart ache this spring. I could see if they got a pratner with Quinn still on the board, they move down and take the guy. My big question is if the Bears want a pair of thirds for Thomas Jones, why wouldn't you just make that cap freindly deal there and plug two holes ?
I'd rather bring in a piece to the rotation than to tie up money in one guy. I like the platoon system.

Ok I see your point. I take then you are not in favor of AP at 8 either? The way that most fans are portraying the first round indicate AP because he is a hometown boy, if we are going to commit to a back in the first I'm fine with Lynch. If not I want the best talent available at any of our much needed spots.
Old 03-01-2007   #10
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
If AP is unavailable at 8 I want Lynch as a Texan. He runs like he is angry! He cuts really well and he catches really well.
I'd go along with that. Trade back. Get Lynch and something else.
Old 03-01-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
Ok I see your point. I take then you are not in favor of AP at 8 either? The way that most fans are portraying the first round indicate AP because he is a hometown boy, if we are going to commit to a back in the first I'm fine with Lynch. If not I want the best talent available at any of our much needed spots.
No. But I'm guessing , guessing mind you, that's why they are clearing cap space. They're setting up for a move up. I'm not happy about that. I believe if the o-line wasn't such a question mark along with numerous positions on deffense...I could see the move up for the franchise RB. But we're not there. We are still recovering from a regime who reached and missed on a lot of lineman. Offense and deffense, free agents and draft picks, the list is scattered with just plain bad reaches and picks. My book says one year, they are going to have to straighten that out. I say that is the first thing you do. Apperantly...Smith and Kubiak dissagree with my assement. Get the stud RB this year, take our lumps and set up for the 08 class appears to be their option. But eventually this board will have to come to the stark realazation that this rooster is basically devoid of tallent on the lines. This class is deep in gaurd/RT guys. It should be no sweat hitting one of those. It is weak on OLT's unless you hit a long shot. We'll see. They did well last year. I think however it is prety foolish to think they repeat that kind of sucess this year.
We were lucky last year. Lots of folks just look at the ball and never realize the function of the kaos and destruction that is going on in the lines. You can have tunnel vision only for so long. Ours has lasted five years.
Old 03-01-2007   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

If Peterson is not available then we should take Lynch at 8. Right now this draft is two deep at elite backs, and then a bunch of players who are good but not great (a lot like the Kevin Jones and Stephen Jackson draft). I know a lot of people are saying that we should trade back and take him, but how far? GB is a lock to take him at 16 and Buffalo will probably take him at 12 if they move McGahee.

Lynch isn't getting a lot of respect on this board for some reason, but he is a great back who would flourish in our system.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

there are a number of players i'd take over lynch...although lynch is a darn good RB.

If we stay at 8 i'd rather have Okoye, Anderson, Adams, Landry, Branch, Brown, Quinn than lynch

I'd be fine with a trade down. i just see it being difficult unless quinn or peterson are at our spot. carolina is a popular trading partner for quinn, but i would think they'd trade with Minnesota so that minny could get them a good receiver at 14 instead of 7..someone like ginn, meachem, or jarrett for cheaper.

I'd be fine with a trade down like i said...but I'd rather have Levi Brown, Patrick Willis, ....among others than lynch.

If peterson is there i'd select him but if not i'm not as high on lynch as others...i'd rather help fix our D-line or O-line, whether if that's stay at 8 or trade down.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #14
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I've accepted that we probably won't land Peterson, so I'm all on the Lynch bandwagon.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll pass.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #16
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I'll pass.
Any particular reason? Want to fill another position? Don't like him?
Old 03-02-2007   #17
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
I thought the same thing of Edgerrin James when he was drafted, and look how accurate that was.
Old 03-02-2007   #18
real

I think Marshawn is going to struggle in the NFL.
Old 03-02-2007   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

depends on the system. he has a slashing style, not a burner. risky pick in top 15 if you ask me. I liked Maroney (21) & DeAngelo Williams (27) better

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #20
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I think Marshawn is going to struggle in the NFL.

I recall people having that opinion in regards to Reggie Bush. It looks like he was able to adapt well enough.

No I'm not a Bush Homer, I'm glad we drafted Mario. I'm just not afraid to state that he's done fine in his rookie season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read