Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-01-2007   #1
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade winds

What is everybody opion on trying to trade for Trent Green he is a proven vet that most guys on the team are asking for. He is not as moible as Carr but his field of vision is great and at lease he has one wideout here to throw to unlike in K.C.. Could we trade for Willis from the Bills a proven back who was 10 yards from his 3rd 1000 yard season or go after a brusier like Lewis from the Ravens which was cut yesterday. What do you guys think keep in mind these guys will demand high draft picks and a big contract but unlike other sighings these guys still have something in the tank.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #2
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade winds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughnecks View Post
What is everybody opion on trying to trade for Trent Green he is a proven vet that most guys on the team are asking for. He is not as moible as Carr but his field of vision is great and at lease he has one wideout here to throw to unlike in K.C.. Could we trade for Willis from the Bills a proven back who was 10 yards from his 3rd 1000 yard season or go after a brusier like Lewis from the Ravens which was cut yesterday. What do you guys think keep in mind these guys will demand high draft picks and a big contract but unlike other sighings these guys still have something in the tank.
McGahee would be much more desirable as a trade target than Green, IMO. Trent's on the wrong side of 35, has severe concussion issues (how long would he last getting sacked 41 times?). Just not worth it. Willis, however, is young and has shown he can run. He'd be worth checking out. Lewis is expected to be resigned by the Ravens. His cap hit was HUGE so they want to rework it.
Old 03-01-2007   #3
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
green-- i think he is punch drunk from the concussions. pass.
mcgahee--his running style and attitude dont fit the Texans. pass.
lewis--like someone said here yesterday, when you are a big back and you lose it, you lose it fast. pass.

BTW--the 1000 yard season for RB's only averages out to be about 63 YPG. i dont think it is a barometer of greatness for Rb's like it used to be.
Old 03-01-2007   #4
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Trent Green he is the type of guy that would help a young QB along and maybe they would take Carr and he has a few years left in him he could help out on the o-line being that he work with good lineman and could be a hugh learder on the team. Just one man's ideal so do not try to destroy me about bringing this up.
Old 03-01-2007   #5
real

Im not into trading for any of them unless it involves moving Carr...Not to turn this into another Carr thread, but it's the truth....

I don't like the idea of trading for guys like that given the current state of our franchise...We are in "building" mode, and guys like that are built to win now...I'd rather build through the draft...
Old 03-01-2007   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
BTW--the 1000 yard season for RB's only averages out to be about 63 YPG. i dont think it is a barometer of greatness for Rb's like it used to be.
Back in the day, when 1000 in a season was a real achievement, there were 12 games in a season. That comes to 83 yards per game. If you take that and expand it to a 16 game season, you're looking at 1333 yards.

Obviously, you'd like at least 100 yards a game which comes to 1600 yards a season.

So I think the gold standard should be 1300 yards/season and the platinum standard should be 1600.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #7
Roughnecks
Veteran

Quote:
lewis--like someone said here yesterday, when you are a big back and you lose it, you lose it fast. pass.

BTW--the 1000 yard season for RB's only averages out to be about 63 YPG. i don't think it is a barometer of greatness for Rb's like it used to be.
I here ya but with people wanting Plummer I would take Green and like I said he seem like a parson who would help out a rookie and we might be able to unload Carr to them.

Mcgahee played behind a bad line like ours so that might show he could run behind ours.

Lewis is a back that might fit our system down field runner who hits the hole than try's to make cuts after the line of scrimmage.

I would tale Lewis over Dayne myself another leader in the huddle and lord knows we need leadership.
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2007   #8
Roughnecks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Im not into trading for any of them unless it involves moving Carr...Not to turn this into another Carr thread, but it's the truth....

I don't like the idea of trading for guys like that given the current state of our franchise...We are in "building" mode, and guys like that are built to win now...I'd rather build through the draft...
Let me ask you this who would you rather be teaching the rookie Sage or Green giving that we could trade Carr to the Chiefs.
Old 03-01-2007   #9
Trenches
Veteran

Does anybody (besides McGahee) think that McGahee is all that great?

IMO, he is a headache and his style of running isnt what we need.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #10
Roughnecks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
McGahee would be much more desirable as a trade target than Green, IMO. Trent's on the wrong side of 35, has severe concussion issues (how long would he last getting sacked 41 times?). Just not worth it. Willis, however, is young and has shown he can run. He'd be worth checking out. Lewis is expected to be resigned by the Ravens. His cap hit was HUGE so they want to rework it.
Iknow but I think Green would help out the line by getting rid of the ball faster than their use to.
Old 03-01-2007   #11
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Against Trent Green. Against McGahee. Against Lewis. I'm really NOT a pessimist, but I just don't want to go after any of those guys.

Trent Green is 37. No thanks.
Willis McGahee will require us to give up too much. No thanks.
Jamal Lewis isn't the same Jamal Lewis of 4-5 seasons ago. He's done.

I would like to see Nick Harper and Michael Lewis signed to long-term deals.
Old 03-01-2007   #12
Roughnecks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenches View Post

I hear that I think we need a bigger back intill we have a better line that can block and make holes.
Old 03-01-2007   #13
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Iknow but I think Green would help out the line by getting rid of the ball faster than their use to.
Until he gets drilled into the turf and becomes a rich clipboard holder. The concussion thing is just too scary behind a sketchy line like ours. I have nothing against Trent Green, but I don't feel he's what we need.
Old 03-01-2007   #14
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenches View Post

I think he's a whole lot more appealing than Ron Dayne or Wali Lundy.
Old 03-01-2007   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Green isn't punchdrunk. Aaron Brooks is punch Drunk. Green is another concussion waiting to happen, but he doesn't have a problem taking a hit in the pocket. He'll stand there with the best of them.

1000 yard season from a running back is nothing to brag about. 1000 yards in 3 consecutive seasons... is.
Old 03-01-2007   #16
Roughnecks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Green isn't punchdrunk. Aaron Brooks is punch Drunk. Green is another concussion waiting to happen, but he doesn't have a problem taking a hit in the pocket. He'll stand there with the best of them.

1000 yard season from a running back is nothing to brag about. 1000 yards in 3 consecutive seasons... is.
Hey Pt Arthur so do you think we should try sorry can't read between the lines.
Old 03-01-2007   #17
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Hey Pt Arthur so do you think we should try sorry can't read between the lines.
Me and Eric Dickerson are from Sealy. I can talk to him and see if he wants to give us a shot.
Old 03-01-2007   #18
Roughnecks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Me and Eric Dickerson are from Sealy. I can talk to him and see if he wants to give us a shot.
He looked good in Pro VS Joes give him a call.
Old 03-01-2007   #19
real

Quote:
Let me ask you this who would you rather be teaching the rookie Sage or Green giving that we could trade Carr to the Chiefs.
If we can trade Carr, I'm all for it..... period.
Old 03-01-2007   #20
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
A Tiger!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read