Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-01-2007   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default O-Line OR D-Line?

which line is the least of your worrys the offensive or defensive line?

OL-

LT Ephraim Salaam (FA)
LG Chester Pitts
C Steve McKinney
RG Fred Weary
RT Eric Winston

DL-

LE N.D. Kalu
DT Thomas Johnson
DT Anthony Maddox (FA)
RE Mario Williams

if your wondering about Spencer, Johnson & Weaver they are in rehab/recovering from surgery. going into year 6 it kinda makes you wonder just what happend.....

p.s. but it does make me feel a little better about the Mario Williams pick

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #2
bATXle red
Rookie

Default Re: O-Line OR D-Line?

yikes... both line-ups scare me. alot. I'm going to pretend the Texans do really well in the draft and hope that scenario doesn't ever happen....
unless thats the best we can do during a horrible injury plagued season... which sounds too familiar.
Old 03-01-2007   #3
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Both line stinks and needs complete over haul but DL is more in bad shape then OL depending on health of Spencer. We didn't have a single guy last year on DL who could collapse the middle. Kubiak had mentioned this last year in the training camp and letter in the season. Out side of Mario we really don't have any one who is capable of putting pressure on the QB or help collapse the middle.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #4
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbspi View Post
We didn't have a single guy last year on DL who could collapse the middle. Kubiak had mentioned this last year in the training camp and letter in the season.
Exactly. Which kind of baffled me when the Texans wouldn't pay Robaire Smith 2 seasons ago. I thought he was solid in the middle and I believe it was a mistake to let him go, and as we all saw he ended up in East Austin.
Old 03-01-2007   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Robaire was just another overpaid player on the Texans. We got a much better bargain with Anthony Maddux who played just as well as Robaire did during his stint here.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #6
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Robaire was just another overpaid player on the Texans. We got a much better bargain with Anthony Maddux who played just as well as Robaire did during his stint here.
Gotta' love those bargins. As a matter of fact, we kind of played like a bargin team last year, didn't we?
Old 03-01-2007   #7
texans83
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 texans83 is a Pro Bowlertexans83 is a Pro Bowler

im scared!!!!
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2007   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

been searching for line help via FA & cannot find any affordable viable options.

A. will the Texans resign their current lineman who are free agents, Ephraim Salaam/Anthony Maddox?

B. what 2nd tier players could be signed via free agency?

C. possible trades? (wonder why the Texans release players instead of using them at least as trade fodder)

D. all lineman draft 1st day picks?

E. other ideas, both lines really need addressed.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #9
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Our O Line is the weaker of the two
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Almost a coin toss IMO, but the O-line gets the nod as the worst of that pathetic group.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

First you would have to ask yourself what are you trying to accomplish this year.

For me, its keeping VY from coming into Reliant and claiming it as his own, or Peyton putting up a forty spot, or Jones-Drew/Taylor getting a free pass to go.

I would draft Okaye with the 8 pick and from what I have been told by the "Experts" is that this is a deep draft for DE's so I would then pick the best DE available (Unless of course there was a run on DE's in the first).

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
First you would have to ask yourself what are you trying to accomplish this year.

For me, its keeping VY from coming into Reliant and claiming it as his own, or Peyton putting up a forty spot, or Jones-Drew/Taylor getting a free pass to go.

I would draft Okaye with the 8 pick and from what I have been told by the "Experts" is that this is a deep draft for DE's so I would then pick the best DE available (Unless of course there was a run on DE's in the first).
That's my choice too, but I'm not sure if that's the route the Texans will go. They may try to trade down and get Brown and get an extra draft pick. Still too early to tell. We'll have to wait to see who they go after in FA. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #13
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
which line is the least of your worrys the offensive or defensive line?

OL-

LT Ephraim Salaam (FA)
LG Chester Pitts
C Steve McKinney
RG Fred Weary
RT Eric Winston

DL-

LE N.D. Kalu
DT Thomas Johnson
DT Anthony Maddox (FA)
RE Mario Williams

if your wondering about Spencer, Johnson & Weaver they are in rehab/recovering from surgery. going into year 6 it kinda makes you wonder just what happend.....

p.s. but it does make me feel a little better about the Mario Williams pick
Least of my worries is the O-Line. Those 2 DT's SUCK. Thomas Johnson is nothing but a thug playing in the NFL. Shantee Orr would've had a TD if it wasn't for him. AHHHHHH!!!! No real ability or discernable talent.
Old 03-01-2007   #14
real

The O-line will be fine...

The D-line will be fine if we can find one starter who can get consistent pressure on the QB...

I'm not overly worried about either....
Old 03-01-2007   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Least of my worries is the O-Line. Those 2 DT's SUCK. Thomas Johnson is nothing but a thug playing in the NFL. Shantee Orr would've had a TD if it wasn't for him. AHHHHHH!!!! No real ability or discernable talent.
Oh yea I forgott about that.

So one win taken away by Thomas Johnson and two taken away by Cook.

Wow, we could have been 9-7.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #16
real

We could have been 16-0 too.
Old 03-01-2007   #17
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Oh yea I forgott about that.

So one win taken away by Thomas Johnson and two taken away by Cook.

Wow, we could have been 9-7.
10-6 if you count the OT blunder to the Vince Young Titans!
Old 03-01-2007   #18
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

O-line needs more work with a left/right tackle and a center needed, both in a bad way. To me, the d-line only needs a defensive tackle.
Old 03-01-2007   #19
texans83
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 texans83 is a Pro Bowlertexans83 is a Pro Bowler

coulda woulda didnt happen, the Dline scares me. Why dont they ty to trade TJ? I mean I know it would be a huge cap hit if we cut him but letts face it, all he is doing is taking up space.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #20
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
coulda wolda didnt happen, the Dline scares me. Why dont they ty to trade TJ? I mean I know it would be a huge cap hit if we cut him but letts face it, all he is doing is taking up space.
Because every other team in the NFL knows that Travis Johnson is lazy, just like we do. I'm sure you could talk Rod Graves of Arizona into anything, though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read