Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-28-2007   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Random(kinda wacky) Top 8 mock

1. Oakland - Brady Quinn
A lot fo people are saying Russell but there are reports that he is a little soft around the midsection and a bit of a lazy individual. If this really heats up, Al Davis might see Todd Marinovich in Jamarcus. And, like I said its a random draft.

2. Detroit - Calvin Johnson
Once again, Detroit goes WR, but maybe this year its hard to blame them. CJ might be the best athlete. Besides whom did they take anyway? Mike Williams(bust). CHARLES ROGERS(CUT). ROY williams(studly). Roy one one side and CJ looks a lot like Boldin and Fitzgerald.

3. Cleveland - Jamarcus Russell
Yep, Cleveland has a lot of needs, but maybe they thnk this is a value pick, and it just might be.

4. Tampa Bay Adrian Peterson
Yeah I know that they already have Cadilac Williams, but here me out. You need 2 solid backs in the league these days and when did Cadilac look his best? It was when he had Ronnie Brown by his side. With AP, splitting the carries, TB becuase a big running team.

5. Arizona - Gaines Adams
You would think the Cardinals would want Joe Thomas, and you would be right except for one small thing. Matt Leinart is a lefty and is blindspot is the RT. Joe Thomas is a LT and would be in essence a RT for a rightie QB. The Cards need D help and Gaines is a great pick.

6. Washington - Alan Branch
The redskins had a lot of problems on defense last year. This guy will help to shore up a purous D.

7. Minnesota - Jamaal Anderson
They could use a WR but Ted Ginn is not a good fit(and too high) there are no other WRs worthy of this high a pick. They take a solid DE.

8. Houston

Ok, you make the pick. Whom do the Texans take?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #2
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default Re: Random(kinda wacky) Top 8 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
1. Oakland - Brady Quinn
A lot fo people are saying Russell but there are reports that he is a little soft around the midsection and a bit of a lazy individual. If this really heats up, Al Davis might see Todd Marinovich in Jamarcus. And, like I said its a random draft.

2. Detroit - Calvin Johnson
Once again, Detroit goes WR, but maybe this year its hard to blame them. CJ might be the best athlete. Besides whom did they take anyway? Mike Williams(bust). CHARLES ROGERS(CUT). ROY williams(studly). Roy one one side and CJ looks a lot like Boldin and Fitzgerald.

3. Cleveland - Jamarcus Russell
Yep, Cleveland has a lot of needs, but maybe they thnk this is a value pick, and it just might be.

4. Tampa Bay Adrian Peterson
Yeah I know that they already have Cadilac Williams, but here me out. You need 2 solid backs in the league these days and when did Cadilac look his best? It was when he had Ronnie Brown by his side. With AP, splitting the carries, TB becuase a big running team.

5. Arizona - Gaines Adams
You would think the Cardinals would want Joe Thomas, and you would be right except for one small thing. Matt Leinart is a lefty and is blindspot is the RT. Joe Thomas is a LT and would be in essence a RT for a rightie QB. The Cards need D help and Gaines is a great pick.

6. Washington - Alan Branch
The redskins had a lot of problems on defense last year. This guy will help to shore up a purous D.

7. Minnesota - Jamaal Anderson
They could use a WR but Ted Ginn is not a good fit(and too high) there are no other WRs worthy of this high a pick. They take a solid DE.

8. Houston

Ok, you make the pick. Whom do the Texans take?
Joe Thomas...but I have a feeling he was left out on accident.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #3
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Texans run to the podium and draft OT Joe Thomas Wisconsin
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I highly doubt TB takes AP. Too much money on one position...

Houston takes: joe thomas
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

you've already posted my worst nightmare. Might as well seal the deal...Laron Landry.
Old 02-28-2007   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't need more than 15 seconds. Joe Thomas.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by travfrancis View Post
Running is too slow. It would be the first witnessed case of a spontaneous teleportation...

Assuming he is actually taken...Take whoever is bumped from the list not named Brady Quinn. If Quinn is the only one left, maybe Okoye or Landry...

Sponsored links
Old 02-28-2007   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
you've already posted my worst nightmare. Might as well seal the deal...Laron Landry.

Joe Thomas falling into our lap would be your worst nightmare?
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the Texans still have six weeks to formulate a plan. free agency, salary cap hits + injurys to both lines would indicate a real need there.

no way Thomas is here-

1a. Levi Brown
1b. Amobi Akoye
2. LaRon LAndry

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

With the 8th Pick, the Houst...Joe Thomas from Wisconsin.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Joe Thomas falling into our lap would be your worst nightmare?
The only way you get Thomas...inspite of this fairy tail...is to move up and go get him. The only player they're going to do that for is All Day. With the release of Weigert...they got to hit two o-lineman and a credible back up this off season. And that's just to be competitive. I'm not in a real good mood right now.
Old 03-01-2007   #12
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
The only way you get Thomas...inspite of this fairy tail...is to move up and go get him. The only player they're going to do that for is All Day. With the release of Weigert...they got to hit two o-lineman and a credible back up this off season. And that's just to be competitive. I'm not in a real good mood right now.
I feel your pain bro.

Not that i mind wiegert being released it's a matter of releasing a player when at least if nothing else they can be backup instead of counting to the cap. I feel a building not rebuilding phase. I hope we start on the Oline in this building phase. I just want moves to makes us a competitive 8-8 next year. Start that with out first with Levi Brown or Landry at 8.

oh BTW is we don't freaking teleport to the podium and Scream out Joe Thomas' name at 8 and do a irish celebration jig... i will be...upset.
Old 03-01-2007   #13
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Wondering what you were doing when you thought of Tampa Bay taking AP, but with the two back scenario, it's a well thought point.
As for the rest, I honestly don't see the Raiders going with Quinn after ALL this talk of taking Russell, or from a while back, CJ. Then again with Al Davis there, anything can happen.

As for Joe Thomas, I can imagine all the Texans reps and players bum rushing up there to select Joe Thomas.

<<< Paul
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #14
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by travfrancis View Post
I bet they'd yell it from where they sit.
Old 03-01-2007   #15
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35666 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Thomas.

If the Texans take anybody else, the Texans don't care about their quarterbacks.
Old 03-01-2007   #16
Trenches
Veteran

I would love to be able to sit in the Lions War Room (I use that term loosely with those fools). If CJ is there you know Millen will be itching to take him. This may be the year that they actually get flamed for passing on a WR. No matter what they do they probably cant get it right.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #17
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenches View Post
I would love to be able to sit in the Lions War Room (I use that term loosely with those fools). If CJ is there you know Millen will be itching to take him. This may be the year that they actually get flamed for passing on a WR. No matter what they do they probably cant get it right.
The way some religious folks define God's Acts as what is Good, NFL fans define Matt Millen's Acts as what is Wrong. Their values are not inherently good or evil but defined by who makes them.

Old 03-01-2007   #18
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
Joe Thomas.

If the Texans take anybody else, the Texans don't care about their quarterbacks.
They don't. That's the problem.
Old 03-01-2007   #19
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

with TBs horrible line, in this WACKY aka dumb mock, there is no way tampa passes on Joe Thomas
Old 03-01-2007   #20
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The chances of TB and Arizona passing on Joe Thomas are as likely as Al Sharpton admitting he's racist or Bob McNair admitting David Carr is a bad QB.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read