Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-28-2007   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If the Raiders pick Calvin Johnson...

Then I think Peterson will drop to the Texans. Russel will probably go second and Thomas third. Then peterson will drop to eight. The reason I am mentioning this is because the Packers are trying to trade for Randy Moss. Raiders will have no WR's if that happens. I also believe that Calvin is more of a sure shot than Russell. I think the guy will be in ten pro-bowls. Russell is a high risk, high reward pick. So keep an ear out if that Randy Moss trade goes down. Could be good news for the Texans.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #2
Rovator
Veteran

Default Re: If the Raiders pick Calvin Johnson...

I'd feel sorry for Johnson. He had to play with a bad QB in college, finally gets to the NFL, and then has to play for another horrible QB, unless Oakland's signed someone in the offseason.
Rovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

If Calvin is taken #1, Thomas would still go at #2. If the Lions really wanted a QB in the first round, every current mock would have Quinn going #2. Word is that the Cleveland FO really like Russell. Even if Clev. still takes AP at #3, that means Russell could fall to #8...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #4
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
that means Russell could fall to #8...
Yeah, that would be awesome, epsically with him throwing to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne after the Texans trade Carr for the two of them
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #5
DMars87
Rookie

I dont like your tone Snake Oil Tanker... i dont like it one bit
DMars87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read