Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-28-2007   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Brady Quinn...

Does anyone know of anyway I could order all of Notre Dame's games on DVD??

You know, to get a better look at Brady Quinn.
Old 02-28-2007   #2
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80
Default Re: Brady Quinn...

Good question. Or at least a site with alot of video on him. Not just highlights like YouTube.

From what I saw of him during the season, he has the skills to go far in the NFL. Just needs to work on some minute details. Overall I don't think he will be a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. More of a Carson Palmer.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take a Carson Palmer-esque QB.

I am really liking Quinn the more I hear/see of him.

He is the one guy available this off season I see as being an upgrade to Carr.
Old 03-01-2007   #4
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Does anyone know of anyway I could order all of Notre Dame's games on DVD??

You know, to get a better look at Brady Quinn.
TK ... I am waiting for a reply from the ND site that I frequent. I will contact you as soon as I hear from them.

As a ND fan I can give you my impression/opinion of BQ.

Quinn is an excellent pocket passer. He moves around in the pocket and buys time very well. He keeps his eyes down field always looking for his recievers.

His arm isn't the strongest, but it is strong enough that he can make all the throws needed in the NFL.

He will flourish in a system that utilizes a pocket scheme. New England, Indy,etc.

I do not think Quinns strength is throwing on the run, as is required by Kubiaks system. But I would love to be proved wrong.

That's why you haven't seen me on here pimping for Quinn.

BQ shouldn't be judged strictly by W & L. The Irish D has been lacking skills/speed for several years now and in big games it has been exposed.

Oops...Sorry TK Here is the response I got.

"We apologize that we are unable to help you with your request. By calling the Sports Information Dept at Notre Dame, you may be able to learn how those video may be obtained. The number to reach them is (574) 631-7516.

Sincerely,
University of Notre Dame Catalog Center"
Old 03-01-2007   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
TK ... I am waiting for a reply from the ND site that I frequent. I will contact you as soon as I hear from them.

As a ND fan I can give you my impression/opinion of BQ.

Quinn is an excellent pocket passer. He moves around in the pocket and buys time very well. He keeps his eyes down field always looking for his recievers.

His arm isn't the strongest, but it is strong enough that he can make all the throws needed in the NFL.

He will flourish in a system that utilizes a pocket scheme. New England, Indy,etc.

I do not think Quinns strength is throwing on the run, as is required by Kubiaks system. But I would love to be proved wrong.

That's why you haven't seen me on here pimping for Quinn.

BQ shouldn't be judged strictly by W & L. The Irish D has been lacking skills/speed for several years now and in big games it has been exposed.

Oops...Sorry TK Here is the response I got.

"We apologize that we are unable to help you with your request. By calling the Sports Information Dept at Notre Dame, you may be able to learn how those video may be obtained. The number to reach them is (574) 631-7516.

Sincerely,
University of Notre Dame Catalog Center"
Originally I wasn't too high on Brady Quinn....

And I still have doubts about him in certain kind of offenses...

But I think he'd be a good fit for us...I definitely think he's an upgrade over Carr just for the simple fact that he's shown that he can make plays when the play has broken down...

And at the combine when he decided to do the Bench press I think my heart melted...
Old 03-01-2007   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IIRC, most of the games that ND lost with Quinn were games where they gave up an average of 40 points. Pretty hard to tack all the losses on Quinn when the defense is giving up 40 points. Not sure what to think about Quinn as a QB, but if he gets some defensive support, seems like he can be effective, now can he do it in the NFL.....shruggs.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

a bad defense PLUS a slow receiving corps.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2007   #8
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
a bad defense PLUS a slow receiving corps.
I think the best thing for Brady Quinn is if he dropped all the way to the Carolina Panthers. It'd be a perfect fit. Hey, it happened with Rodgers. It very well could happen with Quinn. Delhomme's seemingly falling off, although I'm not ready to write him off just yet.
Old 03-01-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, there's no chance in hell quinn falls out of the top 10. none. rodgers was never a top prospect, i have no clue where that thought even came from, but he was never a top 10 player in anyone's book. anyone that mattered anyway.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #10
texans83
All Pro

Ive said it once and ill say it again. If we decide to get Quinn if he falls then and I cant stress this enough fans.... Who ever our QB is and if he dosent perfrm well dont start yelling BQ name to be put in the game unless you want another Carr. he needs to have a clip board in his hands for the first season then we can start talking about him being our starter in 08
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry. We won't yell for the backup QB for at least a quarter or so.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #12
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Don't worry. We won't yell for the backup QB for at least a quarter or so.
I know thats what scares me!!!!
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read