Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-28-2007   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brandon Stokley

Can he be the 2nd WR we need on the Texans?

Colts | Stokley will be released
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:01:34 -0800

The NFL Network reports the Indianapolis Colts will release WR Brandon Stokley.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Brandon Stokley

I don't know. Stokley is a good player, but any wide reciever in that offense will look like an all-pro.

I'd have to pass.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #3
bATXle red
Rookie

i think he's a bit injury prone... plus he was only a number 3 receiver on the colts.
Old 02-28-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bATXle red View Post
plus he was only a number 3 receiver on the colts.
andre johnson may have been the #3 receiver if he was on the colts. and i mean absolutely no disrespect towards AJ at all. I just get amazed when i think of harrison and wayne....and peyton
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #5
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
andre johnson may have been the #3 receiver if he was on the colts. and i mean absolutely no disrespect towards AJ at all. I just get amazed when i think of harrison and wayne....and peyton
Theyr'e not that good no player amazes me but Tom Brady who has the worst receivers in the league.

Be amazed at him who carried that team within 1 minute of another Super Bowl with a bugged eyed butterfingers and our reject.

The Colts season was a fluke they wont be back to the Super Bowl for a long time.
Old 02-28-2007   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Stokley wasn't particularly well thought of by Colts fans from my brief forays into Colts message board territories.

If he is our number two I would be a little dissapointed.

I would really like a burner opposite AJ to keep defenses honest.

I'm hoping to see more of Walter and Mathis in the offense this year too.
Old 03-01-2007   #7
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Personally I don't think so. I have a feeling that Paris Hilton would have 20-30 catches/year if Manning is throwing to her.

Stokley is probably a good 3rd or 4th option, but my guess/bet/feeling is that Manning probably made him look a lot better than he really is all these years.
Old 03-01-2007   #8
texansrock
Rookie

Default Stokley to Houston?

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10028907

Article says Stokley expected to get cut. With Moulds gone, do we go for him???
texansrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #9
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz
Default Re: Stokley to Houston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansrock View Post

yes take a shot, but dont pay him too much he has had some injuries in the past couple of years.
Old 03-01-2007   #10
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Default Re: Stokley to Houston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansrock View Post

I would love the addition of Brandon Stokley. The injury worries me a little, though. It's not a reoccuring problem, is it? I think he'd fit in well.
Old 03-01-2007   #11
cook56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedTheBurntOrange View Post
Theyr'e not that good no player amazes me but Tom Brady who has the worst receivers in the league.

Be amazed at him who carried that team within 1 minute of another Super Bowl with a bugged eyed butterfingers and our reject.

The Colts season was a fluke they wont be back to the Super Bowl for a long time.
Fluke or no fluke they got the hardware!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read