Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2007   #1
MATRIX
Veteran
 
MATRIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 176
Rep Power: 8 MATRIX is a team player
Default The reason Carr may still be around...

Quote:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...bigconweb.html


As far as the draft, RB Adrian Peterson appears to be the favorite for the team's pick at No. 3 should they stay put. That being said, rumors are running rampant that the Houston Texans are interested in moving up the draft board for a shot at Peterson and could propose a trade to the Browns that would send starting QB David Carr and draft picks to Cleveland for the No. 3 position.
Browns GM Phil Savage said in his press conference at the combine that the team is content to stay at No. 3, but would opt to move back. Savage also said that the team would keep its trade option open. If such a trade should transpire between the two clubs, Michigan DT Alan Branch would likely be the choice for the Browns at No. 8.
Very interesting seeing Carr is still here...yet we are still looking at QB's.

So, who finds this as a likely situation?
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #2
Navy_Chris
All Pro
 
Navy_Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: College Station, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 906
Rep Power: 9 Navy_Chris is a fan favorite
Default Re: The reason Carr may still be around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATRIX View Post
Very interesting seeing Carr is still here...yet we are still looking at QB's.

So, who finds this as a likely situation?
I wouldn't be opposed to that trade idea. This team NEEDS another explosive, down in down out guy on offense. AD would be a big help to Houston.
__________________
Daymeion Hughes should be a Texan.
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The reason Carr may still be around...

i'd be vastly opposed to this. From the browns standpoint it makes perfect sense. They need a guy like Branch for their pick with staying at #3 they aren't going to select him.

I don't want us trading up at all. we are not in a position to do so. You trade up when you are a piece or two away from the playoffs or superbowl. If peterson was the last piece to the puzzle...we pull the trigger. We are not in a position to give away more draft picks, esp day one picks which would become instant starters for us.
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #4
Navy_Chris
All Pro
 
Navy_Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: College Station, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 906
Rep Power: 9 Navy_Chris is a fan favorite
Default Re: The reason Carr may still be around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
i'd be vastly opposed to this. From the browns standpoint it makes perfect sense. They need a guy like Branch for their pick with staying at #3 they aren't going to select him.

I don't want us trading up at all. we are not in a position to do so. You trade up when you are a piece or two away from the playoffs or superbowl. If peterson was the last piece to the puzzle...we pull the trigger. We are not in a position to give away more draft picks, esp day one picks which would become instant starters for us.
Why not? All Houston's going to do is take average players with those extra picks. Guys like Andy Allerman, that tackle from Hawaii (whatever his name is). I'm tired of this team going for middle-tier, mediocre players and never going for the big name guy.
__________________
Daymeion Hughes should be a Texan.
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #5
brewhaus
All Pro
 
brewhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 769
Rep Power: 9 brewhaus is a fan favorite
Default Re: The reason Carr may still be around...

If the Texans ARE going to take a running back in the 1st, and AP is gone, why not Michael Bush? If he goes in the first it won't be until late first. The Texans could take him. I think he is every bit the running back that AP is.
__________________
"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up. "
Vince Lombardi
brewhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #6
Navy_Chris
All Pro
 
Navy_Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: College Station, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 906
Rep Power: 9 Navy_Chris is a fan favorite
Default Re: The reason Carr may still be around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
If the Texans ARE going to take a running back in the 1st, and AP is gone, why not Michael Bush? If he goes in the first it won't be until late first. The Texans could take him. I think he is every bit the running back that AP is.
At #8? Surely, you're kidding.
__________________
Daymeion Hughes should be a Texan.
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The reason Carr may still be around...

If Peterson is there at 8, I'd take him. but i wouldn't trade up to get him.

Why not just draft Calvin Johnson if he's there once we trade up? He's the best prospect in the draft, and now with the release of Moulds...WR looks horrible for us.

I just think with how this team is we need all the picks we can get. We would have to give up probably our 1st, 2nd, 4th rd picks and Carr to get peterson. There's going to be a lot of talent at our pick in the 2nd. and hopefully we'll find another sweet 4th rder like daniels last year.

I'd rather have a player like Landry or Okoye in the 1st. a good WR or CB in the 2nd rd that slipped out of the 1st rd. Carr....to either play or trade for another pick, and our 4th rder where we could get some o-line help...probably just depth for a while..but spencer was a steal in the 3rd last year.
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-28-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The reason Carr may still be around...

And Michael Bush would be tempting to select.....in the 2nd rd. not at 8.
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #9
Navy_Chris
All Pro
 
Navy_Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: College Station, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 906
Rep Power: 9 Navy_Chris is a fan favorite
Default Re: The reason Carr may still be around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
If Peterson is there at 8, I'd take him. but i wouldn't trade up to get him.

Why not just draft Calvin Johnson if he's there once we trade up? He's the best prospect in the draft, and now with the release of Moulds...WR looks horrible for us.

I just think with how this team is we need all the picks we can get. We would have to give up probably our 1st, 2nd, 4th rd picks and Carr to get peterson. There's going to be a lot of talent at our pick in the 2nd. and hopefully we'll find another sweet 4th rder like daniels last year.

I'd rather have a player like Landry or Okoye in the 1st. a good WR or CB in the 2nd rd that slipped out of the 1st rd. Carr....to either play or trade for another pick, and our 4th rder where we could get some o-line help...probably just depth for a while..but spencer was a steal in the 3rd last year.
If, someway somehow, we end up with the #3 pick, we should take Calvin Johnson. I agree. What about this:

We draft CJ at #3. Well, that about sums it up.
__________________
Daymeion Hughes should be a Texan.
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Age: 58
Posts: 6,644
Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The reason Carr may still be around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Why not? All Houston's going to do is take average players with those extra picks. Guys like Andy Allerman, that tackle from Hawaii (whatever his name is). I'm tired of this team going for middle-tier, mediocre players and never going for the big name guy.
Which is why you're going address the offensive line last ? Hey we get it criss you hate DC.
__________________
"Everybody understands that the only way we're going to do it is by extremely hard work."
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger