Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-28-2007   #1
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve
Default Add Cook to cap casualties?

With Vonta Leach coming out of no where in the second half of 2006, Jameel Cook could be left with no place to line up in 2007. This likely makes him an expensive special teamer. Does he join Domanick Williams, Seth Payne (restructured) and maybe Zack Wiegert on the FA list come Friday?
Old 02-28-2007   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Add Cook to cap casualties?

I loved Vonta Leach's play last year, Cook was horrible. This team carries alot of dead cap from bad FA signings though.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Cook's salary is just above NFL minimum for someone of his tenure, and his cap number is less than a million. His contract is 5 years - 5 million so it's hardly fair to mention his in the same breath and cap casualty context as Wiegert, DD, and Payne's deals.

Last edited by aj.; 02-28-2007 at 01:43 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #4
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

That does not matter Leach showed he was better than Cook we do not need two FB keep Leach let Cook go.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #5
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Cook's salary is just above NFL minimum for someone of his tenure, and his cap number is less than a million. His contract is 5 years - 5 million so it's hardly fair to mention his in the same breath and cap casualty context as Wiegert, DD, and Payne's deals.
maybe i worded it wrong--i was just wondering if cook was expendable now with leach's emergence.
Old 02-28-2007   #6
srstex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
maybe i worded it wrong--i was just wondering if cook was expendable now with leach's emergence.
With out a doubt. Leach didn't fumble when hit, and it was the defender that took the hit not Leach, I couldn't say that for Cook. Thank you, Cook needs a long list anti-Cook threads to go along with the two fumbles that cost us opportunties to win two games.
Old 02-28-2007   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Cook won't make it to training camp.

Well not with the Texans anyway.
Old 02-28-2007   #8
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i disagree i think cook will make it through training camp but he won't be the starter...he's a guy who is really versitle in the offensiv scheme and i think it would be a mistake just to simply let him go
Old 02-28-2007   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be sad to see him go. Leach had a much better year once he started playing than Cook did. All I think of when I hear Cook's name is the fumble during the Giants game and another fumble during I think the Bills game.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #10
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see Cook back....with some glue on his hands.
Old 02-28-2007   #11
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

[quote=TexanSam;607779]I wouldn't be sad to see him go. Leach had a much better year once he started playing than Cook did. All I think of when I hear Cook's name is the fumble during the Giants game and another fumble during I think the Bills game.[/QUOTE]
we had both those games in hand before cook decided to wash his hands in country crock.
Old 02-28-2007   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=dirty steve;607996]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I wouldn't be sad to see him go. Leach had a much better year once he started playing than Cook did. All I think of when I hear Cook's name is the fumble during the Giants game and another fumble during I think the Bills game.[/QUOTE]
we had both those games in hand before cook decided to wash his hands in country crock.
The Bills game we did. We were trailing the Giants 14-10 but driving down the field when Cook fumbled in that game.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #13
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

[quote=TexanSam;608128]
Quote:

The Bills game we did. We were trailing the Giants 14-10 but driving down the field when Cook fumbled in that game.
i guess what i meant in the Giants game is that the offense was driving and looked poised to take the lead. that fumble killed any momentum we had.
Old 03-01-2007   #14
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

Ok... I'll take the bait here. This is why computers are bad. This is why message boards are bad. They force you to think about subjects that give you all sorts of angst. They get you angry and upset when it is the 1st of March and everything should be peaches and cream. But I digress.

First off... rename the damn thread, because I see no casualty in seeing Cook meet his all too overdue demise.

Secondarily, anyone who makes a case for keeping Co....Mr. C.... Ja... Hell, I can't even say his name!!! Anyone who can make a case for keeping "that guy" must have a severe brain hemmorage, be a relative, or be Charlie Casserly. That bus have left the yard... and it was a short bus at that.

Too many explicatives and rants to include on this message board.....

Twenty ninth, Vonta is da man and the only man for the job.

Thirty, I'd like to see more one back sets instituted in what we do. No need to keep that...........person on the roster anymore.

Help me out and please refrain from anymore more threads about this particular player, other than to announce he has been released, cut, traded or involved in a let it rain party with Pacman and is being held without bail somewhere!
Old 03-01-2007   #15
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
With Vonta Leach coming out of no where in the second half of 2006, Jameel Cook could be left with no place to line up in 2007. This likely makes him an expensive special teamer. Does he join Domanick Williams, Seth Payne (restructured) and maybe Zack Wiegert on the FA list come Friday?
I hope so, let him go lose games in the last 5 minutes for some other team. He's not even a true fullback, can't block for ****.
Old 03-01-2007   #16
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

the thing i love about vonta is that even when hes close to runnin OB he never runs out, he runs right into the defenders infront of him, and i dont think i ever saw the first tackler take him down when we threw to him in the flats, hes gonna be a good full-back, but i think he will fly under the radar and not get what he deserves untill later in his career... just like mack strong
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read