Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-28-2007   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who will be the Texans first free agent signing??

With the official start of free agency 1 day and 23 hours away, who do you think the Texans first free agent signing will be??

The one free agent I really hope we take a good run at is Ken Hamlin of the Seahawks.

We really need a FS, I would be happy to get Landry @ 8 but if we get Hamlin that is one box well ticked and we can look at other needs at 8.
Old 02-28-2007   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who will be the Texans first free agent signing??

I'm hoping for Michael Lewis out of Philly!
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #3
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Deon Grant has a better chance of being signed, cheaper but still a play maker. Drafting a corner would bring a balance of youth and veteran leadership to the secondary.

I also would like to see a veteran RB, like AGreen be brought in also.
Old 02-28-2007   #4
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Hamlin, Lewis, or Grant. Draft Landry unless Brown is there.

Nai'l Diggs from Carolina looks good.

A second tier CB.

Rohan Davey would be great. (gotta keep pimping that UFA former LSU starter from Ariz). Other then Rusell and Quinn. The QB class is lacking. This guy will sign less then both. Save a draft pick. Has NFL experience sorta.

any solid line hep is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-28-2007   #5
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776 View Post
I think Deon Grant has a better chance of being signed, cheaper but still a play maker. Drafting a corner would bring a balance of youth and veteran leadership to the secondary.

I also would like to see a veteran RB, like AGreen be brought in also.
We already have a vet in Dayne. And would we want to carry 4 RBs?
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know as far as FA goes. I'm really hoping we keep Dayne and don't sign a FA FS. I used to want us to sign hamlin but after landry's combine i'm hoping we draft him...so let's go a different route in FA????? please.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #7
somenavyguy
waterboy

A lot fo the Titans fans are wanting Ken Hamlin to replace Thompson who is horrible. Fisher already said he's stayign with the safties we have so If you guys can pick up Hamlin and a Vet corner to help out robinson that might be your easiest quickest way to get better faster. Good luck next season.
Old 02-28-2007   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I hope we go all out for Nate Clements, that would make our offseason for me. Then in the first, get Landry, second get Rufus Alexander, third get Jason Hill, and in the fourth the best DT available and I would be very happy with the offseason.
Old 02-28-2007   #9
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
I hope we go all out for Nate Clements, that would make our offseason for me. Then in the first, get Landry, second get Rufus Alexander, third get Jason Hill, and in the fourth the best DT available and I would be very happy with the offseason.
If we aquire nate clements then that will prob be the only off season move we would make because he is wanting so much, I would rather go another route.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #10
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i think eric steinbach will be the first FA

but when do you think out first FA will be signed?

first day?
second day?
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #11
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post

first day?
second day?
I wouldnt mind that pick up at all
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #12
somenavyguy
waterboy

Good luck with thay. I really think TN will get Nate but I dont know if if spending that money woudl be worth it or not. Time will tell.
Old 02-28-2007   #13
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post

first day?
second day?
I hope it isn't Steinbach or Dielman.

They are getting crazy money thrown at them.

I don't want that to be the Texans.
Old 02-28-2007   #14
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
If we aquire nate clements then that will prob be the only off season move we would make because he is wanting so much, I would rather go another route.
A significant bonus and $8million for first year of a five year contract would allow us to be under the projected $13m and that is before the cap bump for 07 and any renegotiated contracts. We should go hard at NC to solve the majority of our D issues. If we get him we do not have to change our safeties this year.
Old 02-28-2007   #15
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

We cant afford any of the top tier FA's, the only one I would be willing to look at is Hamllin, since its such a big hole on our team and FS is not that expenssive of a position. Also, I wouldnt mind us picking up Luke Pettigout and teaming him up with Charles Spencer to soldify our tackle position for a couple years. Michael Lewis out of Philly would be welcomed, but not needed as badly as Hamlin. A second CB would also be welcomed, such as Nick Harper or Macklin from Arizona.
Old 02-28-2007   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

pettigout
deion grant
kevin curtis
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #17
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
We cant afford any of the top tier FA's, the only one I would be willing to look at is Hamllin, since its such a big hole on our team and FS is not that expenssive of a position. Also, I wouldnt mind us picking up Luke Pettigout and teaming him up with Charles Spencer to soldify our tackle position for a couple years. Michael Lewis out of Philly would be welcomed, but not needed as badly as Hamlin. A second CB would also be welcomed, such as Nick Harper or Macklin from Arizona.
You beat me to it. FS is a huge hole on this team & free agent FS's come a lot cheaper than any other position that we need. Hamlin would fill a huge hole from the get-go & he's my choice for the first FA signed.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #18
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind a CB or someone like Gandy.
HuttoKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #19
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
You beat me to it. FS is a huge hole on this team & free agent FS's come a lot cheaper than any other position that we need. Hamlin would fill a huge hole from the get-go & he's my choice for the first FA signed.
SIgn the best F/A safety and we still need a corner. Sign a top F/A corner and you do not need to sign another safety.
Old 02-28-2007   #20
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover

either Morten Andersen of Vinny Testaverde
marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read