Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hovan available...do we bite?

J-Man

Waterboy
Lot of talk in the last week before the trade deadline about Chris Hovan being available for a deal...he's a proven player with a great motor, any thoughts? Only other guys that are out there are WR's McCardell and Rice and I sure can't see us picking either one of them up.

Yeah i dont think we need any other WR cause our group is doing really well together and plus we have GOOD back up WR's if any of the #1s go down ! Hmmm what is the main place we are lacking depth ? Secondary or D-line ?

TexansTrueFan said:
Yeah i dont think we need any other WR cause our group is doing really well together and plus we have GOOD back up WR's if any of the #1s go down ! Hmmm what is the main place we are lacking depth ? Secondary or D-line ?

Hovan is a DT. The guy for the MN Vikings with all the tatoos.

yes i know this ,,,he said up there in his post that he wants him and the only other guys up are WR ,,,i was agreeing with him about NOT needing a WR.

For some reason, I dont think he will be a cheap acquisition. So even if for some odd reason he is on the block, I dont see us biting.

supposedly he had a down year last year and tice takes him out for a lot of plays to help him perform better. unless hes added as depth or we mix it up with the 4-3 whos he gunna replace? might have a nice little 4 man rotation though. unless the vikes are trying to unload the guy, i dont see why theyd want to give him up, id only give up a 2nd rder for him.

No, we really don't need him, and I personnally don't want him. He's an overrated player IMO. Plus, we don't run a 4-3 defense. Hovan does not fit our 3-4 D in any way. He's not a huge run stuffer in any way, which makes him a no-go as a nose tackle. And at DE, we have Walker and Smith. Add in Deloach and Sears for depth and I think we are OK. Hovan would not be able to replace any of our starters. He commands too much money and a attention for us to add him in for depth. Plus, I don't like motor-mouths that under-perform.

I agree with everyone, he is not worth the money and I am happy with all of our d line starters.

I havent been happy with our D-Line but after the Titnas game i saw a lot of improvment,,,lets see if they can keep it up and stop the run like they did sunday ! But 4 yards a carry is still to much in my opinion !!!

I seem to remember hearing that Casey Hampton would be a free agent next season. Does anyone know for certain his contract status? Now that he may be out for the season, i wonder if that might increase the odds of him becoming a Texan next year, assuming there is mutual interest. He plays nose tackle for Pittsburgh's 3-4 defense.

Back