Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-27-2007   #1
VaBandWaggonFan
Rookie

Default RUMOR: Trading Down for Peterson

What do you think??

RB Adrian Peterson appears to be the Cleveland Browns favorite pick at No. 3 should they stay put. But, according to the Dayton Daily News, the Texans are interested in moving up the draft board for a shot at Peterson and could propose a trade to the Browns that would send starting QB David Carr and draft picks to Cleveland for the No. 3 position.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR
VaBandWaggonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: RUMOR: Trading Down for Peterson

it's nice to think about, but i doubt the texans will do anything to move up in the draft this year.
Old 02-27-2007   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

David Carr and draft picks? I'd have to think twice about David Carr and our 1st for their 1st.
Old 02-27-2007   #4
staind755
Rookie

I know we have a ton of holes, BUT I would send damn near anything Cleveland wanted. Carr and picks that is... Gosh I wish the draft was this weekend.
staind755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #5
VaBandWaggonFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
David Carr and draft picks? I'd have to think twice about David Carr and our 1st for their 1st.

Moving up 5 spots (to #3 over all) for Dave Carr, Is there a better deal out there?
VaBandWaggonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBandWaggonFan View Post

Moving up 5 spots for Dave Carr, I there a better deal out there?

Rick Smith would be GM of the Year if he could trick the Browns into this.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd swap firsts and throw in David Carr to get to the top spot. At the most I'd be willing to send an additional 4.

I know that wouldn't get it done but that's what I think the move up is worth. I just don't think we can afford to give up too much in draft picks to do this and I really, really would like to see the Texans do this. I just can't make my brain agree that it's the ticket.
Old 02-27-2007   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

There is always the hope that Cleveland picks a QB and AP falls to us, which I think is a real possibility. Brady Quinn is the hometown kid, while the Browns GM is on the record for loving Russell and saying the Browns would draft him (I know, smokescreens), so nothing is a forgone conclusion. But if its the #8 and DC, the I would do it.
Old 02-27-2007   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd send David Carr, our 1st and 3rd round picks this year and our 2nd round pick next year.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #10
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I'd send David Carr, our 1st and 3rd round picks this year and our 2nd round pick next year.
Thank goodness you're not our GM. That's the sort of trade Casserly would make.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBandWaggonFan View Post
What do you think??

RB Adrian Peterson appears to be the Cleveland Browns favorite pick at No. 3 should they stay put. But, according to the Dayton Daily News, the Texans are interested in moving up the draft board for a shot at Peterson and could propose a trade to the Browns that would send starting QB David Carr and draft picks to Cleveland for the No. 3 position.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR
I think its more likey the Texans could trade Carr to Cleveland to swap 2nd rd. picks this is really pushing it but maybe even 3rd rd. picks too

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #12
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Give them rounds 1 through 7, and Carr for Peterson. Just get Peterson!!!!
Old 02-27-2007   #13
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

save the picks, trade DOWN and pick up lynch.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I know Casserly read the boards, but I didn't know he posted, too.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #15
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr and our eight for Browns third and their fith round.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #16
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really, really hope that this doesn't happen.

We can't afford to be giving out draft picks with all our needs.
Old 02-27-2007   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
Are you f'ing kidding me? For someone to take that albatross of a player and contract from us would be a gift from the gods much less to actually move up 5 spots in the 1st Round in order to guarantee a shot at either Petersen, C.Johnson or Joe Thomas. This is a total pipe dream regretfully.

I am resigned to the sad fact that the Texans are too stupid and/or stubborn to bring about real change to this franchise. Carr is gonna be under center and we are going to continue to be under .500.

oh well, McNair still gets paid and sticks by his cabana boy....

sometimes McNair seems to care more about PR and other non-football BS more than he seems to care about the product on the field.
Old 02-27-2007   #18
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Are ya'll serious?

Take Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson if he's there.

Johnson and Johnson.
Old 02-27-2007   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I know Casserly read the boards, but I didn't know he posted, too.
haha

i could possibly invision our #8 pick, Carr and a 2nd Round next year to the Browns for their #3 pick. I think that is a win win for both franchises. The browns make a small improvement at QB and get a 2nd round next year. We get a top notch player at a position of need and only give up a pick next year to move up. It would probably take a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year as well though.

oh well, i hope Rick Smith stands up and demands change.

If we can't make this happen, we need to hope that Quinn falls to us at #8 and we get a pretty damn good QB prospect with good value at #8.
Old 02-27-2007   #20
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
Are ya'll serious?

Take Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson if he's there.

Johnson and Johnson.
Johnson and Johnson practically sells itself. Two freaks of nature on the field at once. Those guys are unparalleled athletically and maybe CJ's hands can rub off on AJ....oh wait that didn't come out right

OT- That avatar of yours Texas Thrill is hilarious. It took me a couple passes to notice it but pretty sweet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read