Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-27-2007   #1
Honor
Rookie

Default Whos your number 1 pick?

Me ill go with Marshawn Lynch. I just got a good feeling about him. I have this thought that Peterson if av. hes going to be a bust. I really never was a Quinn fan, esp. after my LSU tigers gave them a beating.

thoughts?
Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #2
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Whos your number 1 pick?

Without the foresight to know who was drafted before us I'll go with Calvin Johnson.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #3
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Levi Brown
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #4
AtheGreat
Veteran

give me brown or landry and i'll be content. course, CJ would be nice too...
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #5
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

If I could have any player in the draft? Calvin Johnson

Realistically, LaRon Landry
Old 02-27-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans board for me...

1.Joe Thomas
2.Calvin Johnson
3.Adrian Peterson
4.Laron Landry
t-5.Levi Brown, Amobi Okoye
t-7.Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams,Brady Quinn
t-10.Alan branch, jamarcus russell, leon hall
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Texans board for me...

1.Joe Thomas
2.Calvin Johnson
3.Adrian Peterson
4.Laron Landry
t-5.Levi Brown, Amobi Okoye
t-7.Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams,Brady Quinn
t-10.Alan branch, jamarcus russell, leon hall
I like your order but I would sandwich Brady Quinn between Peterson/Landry

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2007   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Drafting on talent: CJ
Draftin on need: Joe Thomas
Realistically: 1. AP 2. Levi Brown 3. Andersson/Adams 4. Okoye 5. Landry 6. Houston
Old 02-27-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I like your order but I would sandwich Brady Quinn between Peterson/Landry
I understand you...i actually might put him w/ brown okoye for me, i'm not real sure where to put quinn.. i don't know who'd i'd take between anderson, adams, and quinn if thats our options...but thats another debate..another day...another thread.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am really liking Landry after his combine effort. I would love a great FS on our team, it would make a huge difference.

Or if Joe Thomas fell, I wouldn't complain.
Old 02-27-2007   #11
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Since AP, Johnson, and Thomas will be gone, I would pick Okoye. However, since Landry had such a good Combine, he has come back into the picture for me, and I wouldn't mind taking him at #8. Still, everything hinges on who we get in FA. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #12
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

1. Landry
2. Thomas
3. Peterson
4. Brown

no Quinn
I like Okoye but i just dont like the idea of drafting a DT that high.
Old 02-27-2007   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I'm assuming that Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas have no chance of dropping to us:

1. Adrian Peterson: while a small chance he might fall, there is still a chance.
2. LaRon Landry: we need a good versatile safety with speed to shore up our secondary because our division and conference.
3. Marshawn Lynch: he may not have run the best 40, but he is a very talented running back who would fit into our offense perfectly and would finally give us a legit running game.
4. Amobi Okoye: this guy has too much potential to pass up at his age, we would potentially have one of the best defensive lines in a few years with him and Mario.
5. Levi Brown: we need to address the OL, and he is a great offensive lineman.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I'm assuming that Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas have no chance of dropping to us:

5. Levi Brown: we need to address the OL, and he is a great offensive lineman.
Funny isn't it. We all know, we can sitck our hands in the wound. But that little item seems to get shoved down the list every year. Well maybe not so funny. We're going to do it again this year. I thought after last years draft, we had a coach who would do the correct thing not the popular thing.
Old 02-27-2007   #15
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

My Texans Board:
1. Joe Thomas
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Laron Landry
5. Levi Brown
6. Jamaal Anderson
7. Omobi Okoye

If AD is there, we take 'em and address OT with a Ryan Harris or Joe Staley.
I'm torn between Anderson and Okoye.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Joe Thomas
4. Levi Brown
5. Brady Quinn
6. Chris Houston
7. Amobi Okoye
8. LaRon Landry
9. JaMarcus Russell
10. Gaines Adams
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #17
Navy_Chris
All Pro

LaRon Landry. Kolb, Harris, Bishop, Coe soon after.
Old 02-27-2007   #18
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Funny isn't it. We all know, we can sitck our hands in the wound. But that little item seems to get shoved down the list every year. Well maybe not so funny. We're going to do it again this year. I thought after last years draft, we had a coach who would do the correct thing not the popular thing.
I don't think it's being ignored so much as 8 is not an opportune spot to address the line this year. Spencer and Winston were great additions last season and I expect us to do something similiar this season. Depending on what our board looks like and who is taken when and where I expect us to go QB/OL in the 2nd and 3rd in no particuliar order.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #19
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
It is not that I am ignoring it (there is more than one round in the draft and free agency), it is that I don't feel he is the best value at that slot.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Folks are giving short shrift to Lynch around here, perhaps because he isn't a local product. Dude was shorter and heavier than AP with more wiggle and pass catching ability and marginally less top end speed. Seems like a perfect fit for the system without any anxiety of moving up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read