Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-27-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What about Trent Green?

So KC resigned Huard today:

Chiefs | Huard agrees to deal
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:55:58 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a three-year contract with QB Damon Huard. Huard wouldn't reveal terms, but the deal is believed to be worth approximately $7.5 million. Huard was scheduled to become a free agent. The signing of Huard puts QB Trent Green's return in question.

Coupled with Coyle one thinks Trent's days in Cheif land may be numbered; so if he gets cut what about bringing him here to compete against Carr in TC?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #2
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Default Re: What about Trent Green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
So KC resigned Huard today:

Chiefs | Huard agrees to deal
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:55:58 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a three-year contract with QB Damon Huard. Huard wouldn't reveal terms, but the deal is believed to be worth approximately $7.5 million. Huard was scheduled to become a free agent. The signing of Huard puts QB Trent Green's return in question.

Coupled with Coyle one thinks Trent's days in Cheif land may be numbered; so fi he gets cut what about bringing him here to compete against Carr in TC?
Better yet, why don't we call up that old guy who owns the bed and breakfasts in West Virginia and ask him if HE wants to play Quarterback for us??!!
Old 02-27-2007   #3
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Better yet, why don't we call up that old guy who owns the bed and breakfasts in West Virginia and ask him if HE wants to play Quarterback for us??!!
or is it Idaho?
Old 02-27-2007   #4
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
nm.

I gather you think he's to old, so I'd take it you'd be opposed to Favre as your QB? I don't hink 33 is that old, but I might be concerned over if he had a history of concussions.
Old 02-27-2007   #5
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Or how about we bring your mom in to play LT and LG.

If you don't like the idea atleast either a) offer reasons why or b) offer an alternative. Just because it's a message board and nobody knows who you are doesn't mean you should run your mouth like an *****.
Whoa. OK. I don't like the idea. But you could just infer that from my previous post.
Old 02-27-2007   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Whoa. OK. I don't like the idea. But you could just infer that from my previous post.
Sorry, stress at work caused me to fly of the handle a wee bit...hence the edit.

And I don't think the idea is great; but I like Green more then Plummer, and if Carr is staying I'd like to see somebody challange him ofr the starting job, and Sage ain't that person.
Old 02-27-2007   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure. Bring him in as an assistant QB coach.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2007   #8
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Sorry, stress at work caused me to fly of the handle a wee bit...hence the edit.

And I don't hink the idea is great...I like Green more then Plummer, and if Carr is staying I'd like to see somebody challange him ofr the starting job, and Sage ain't that person.
It's all good. The Texans are a joke, which is why I tend to say stupid things like that. I'm a huge Texan fan, but this is ridiculous.
Old 02-27-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
nm.

I gather you think he's to old, so I'd take it you'd be opposed to Favre as your QB? I don't hink 33 is that old, but I might be concerned over if he had a history of concussions.
Age at quarterback is not as much an issue as one might think. Approximately half the QB's to start in the Super Bowl (1 through 39 - site didn't list 40 and 41) were in their 30's and quite a few at 29.
Old 02-27-2007   #10
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
And I don't think the idea is great; but I like Green more then Plummer, and if Carr is staying I'd like to see somebody challange him ofr the starting job, and Sage ain't that person.
I don't like the idea of having a 15,000,000 dollar QB derby.

Carr - around 7
Sage - 1.5ish

Green is going to cost what?
Old 02-28-2007   #11
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Green will start next year as the KC Qb. Mark it down.

I think this year with perenial starters going down and defenses getting faster and hitting harder like the RB position a good backup will be in demand.KC seriously just needs a playmaking WR to make that team go further into the playoffs. Which is what i think they will draft if the yare smart. Meachem or Smith would help them a LOT.
Old 02-28-2007   #12
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:

I would rather have Plummer based on familiarity with Kubiak's system. Enabling us to run the whole playbook without much transition period.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read