Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-27-2007   #1
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Default The fab 5- Who is yours?

2 Questions. No trade down available, it comes down to these 5 players, who do you take.

Amobe Okoye
Alan Branch
Laron Landry
Adrian Peterson
Levi Brown

second, If peterson isn't available, who do you pick?

Branch, Landry, Okoye, Brown
Old 02-27-2007   #2
texans83
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 texans83 is a Pro Bowlertexans83 is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: The fab 5- Who is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
2 Questions. No trade down available, it comes down to these 5 players, who do you take.

Amobe Okoye
Alan Branch
Laron Landry
Adrian Peterson
Levi Brown

well Adrian Peterson but if he wasent available then it would be laron Landry win win situation
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 106568 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Peterson
2. Branch
3. Landry
4. Okoye
5. Brown
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #4
AtheGreat
Veteran

1. AP
2. Brown
3. Landry
4. Okye
5. Willis
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #5
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

In my priority order...

1 - Peterson
2 - Brown
3 - Okoye
4 - Branch
5 - Landry

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #6
texans83
All Pro

just something I thought would be good to post here on Levi Brown. All though he would be a huge hole clogger check out what they are saying about his durability and not being able to stay healthy.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/...2=stateChanged

I just dont want to waiste a 8th overall on someone who is going to ride the IR IMO..
Old 02-27-2007   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Alan Branch
Adrian Peterson
Levi Brown
Amobe Okoye
Laron Landry
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2007   #8
jjcorvallis
Rookie

1. AP(If he's available.)
2. Laron Laundry(The safest pick here. Secondary is our biggest need, and Laron Laundry was a starter for all 4 years in college and has proven to be a elite player.)
3. Amboi Okoye(I think he is slightly overrated because of the age, but he has a potential to be a elite player. He will either be a Boom or a Bust.)
4. Alan Branch(I think he is vastly overrated but he will still be a all around solid player.)
5. Levi Brown(NO. He will be a huge bust. The only reason he's rated so high is because lack of skilled players in that position. He's not durable at all. He will be riding IR after first day of training camp.)
jjcorvallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #9
texans83
All Pro

5. Levi Brown(NO. He will be a huge bust. The only reason he's rated so high is because lack of skilled players in that position. He's not durable at all. He will be riding IR after first day of training camp.)

oh thanks for agreeing with me on that one.
Old 02-27-2007   #10
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler
Red face Re: The fab 5- Who is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
just something I thought would be good to post here on Levi Brown. All though he would be a huge hole clogger check out what they are saying about his durability and not being able to stay healthy.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/...2=stateChanged

I just dont want to waiste a 8th overall on someone who is going to ride the IR IMO..
Injuries are a part of it. None of them were serious and he seems to have recovered from the knee injury well.

1. Landry
2. Brown
3. Peterson

I like Brown and it'd be real nice to have an experienced starter a LT who probably hasa bit of an edge knowing what a defender is going to do being a former DL. The thing that makes me most uncomfortable is placing A LOT on Spencer's Knee still.
Old 02-27-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Amobe Okoye
Alan Branch
Laron Landry
Adrian Peterson
Levi Brown

1.Adrian Peterson
2.Laron Landry

3.Levi Brown
4.Amobi Okoye
5.Jamaal Anderson
6.Gaines Adams

7.Alan Branch
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #12
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58665 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Levi Brown
2. Laron Landry
3. Amobe Okoye
4. Adrian Peterson
5. Alan Branch
Old 02-27-2007   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Amobe Okoye
Alan Branch
Laron Landry
Adrian Peterson
Levi Brown

AD in the 1st scenario
landry in the 2nd.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #14
real

Peterson
Landry
Okoye

You can keep the rest.
Old 02-27-2007   #15
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson
Landry
Brown/Adams/Anderson
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #16
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:

Amobe Okoye
Alan Branch
Laron Landry
Adrian Peterson
Levi Brown

LaRon Landry to answer your first question.

If Peterson isn't available I'm taking.....LaRon Landry!!
Old 02-27-2007   #17
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

i'll go four.

no particular order:
branch
okoye
brown
peterson
Old 02-27-2007   #18
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Amobe Okoye
Alan Branch
Laron Landry
Adrian Peterson
Levi Brown

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Laron Landry

I chose Landry over Levi because
I am developing the impression, based upon signaling from the Texans FO in the form of interview quotes, etc, that they believe the OT talent pool to be deep enough that we can fill that void later. Fine. As long as we address it, I place my faith in Smitiak.

I chose Landry over Okoye because
, from a GM perspective, I believe it is important to spread that Round 1 money around. We already have a lot of money tied up in one DE (Mario), so I want to smooth our investment over the defense. Within the realm of reason, of course. That is, I don't think it is too terrible a deal to "settle" for Landry. Ha. Settle. I think Laron is going to be an outstanding safety, and safety is definitely a position of need for the Texans, ESPECIALLY because of the division we are in. The guy is a monster in shoulder pads.

All the best,
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
1. Levi Brown
2. Laron Landry
3. Amobe Okoye
4. Adrian Peterson
5. Alan Branch
Well there'll at least be two of us
Santo.
Old 02-27-2007   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quinn
Peterson
Brown
Landry
Okoye

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read