Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-27-2007   #1
real

Default Peek ? A cowboy ?

Quote:
IN THE KNOW

Cowboys' potential free-agent targets

Linebacker Antwan Peek, Houston Texans: An affordable 3-4 linebacker who could flourish as a rusher under Wade Phillips and might serve as insurance for the injured Greg Ellis.
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/16793175.htm
Old 02-27-2007   #2
real

Default Re: Peek ? A cowboy ?

I say let him go.
Old 02-27-2007   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I can just see Peek pulling a Steve Foley.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
he fits their scheme better than ours now
Yea. I think he deserves a shot on a good 3-4 defense. I honestly believe he can be a starting linebacker...I just think he needs good defensive lineman to play with. Having Ware there with him wouldn't hurt much either.

I'd suspect him to be a backup of Ware though...Im not so sure he would start even though I think he deserves a chance.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #5
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Peek may have a high motor, but he doesnt show it alot of the time. I would release him, Babin and TJ. All of them IMO are under-performing overpaid guys who are leftovers from Casserly-gate. All of them were drafted to be solid pieces for our Defense & line of the future and were reached for [esp Babin & TJ] and yet none of them have produced but maybe even average NFL results since they have been here. 2 of the 3 were 1st round picks and IMO are busts and have truly under-produced to this point. They didnt produce in the 3-4 with Dom nor the current 4-3 defenses. None have had even a stand out year so far and we even traded draft picks to get Babin. all of em

IMHO Trade em to Dom in Miami or Cut em all - get some guys in here who want to play and not just try 'Once in a while' which is what it seems like all they have done thus far.
Old 02-27-2007   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by U4ikrob View Post
I would release him, Babin and TJ. All of them IMO are under-performing overpaid guys who are leftovers from Casserly-gate. All of them were drafted to be solid pieces for our Defense & line of the future and were reached for [esp Babin & TJ] and yet none of them have produced but maybe even average NFL results since they have been here.
Pretty sure Peek was a 3rd round pick...maybe 4th. I really don't think he was drafted to be a solid piece of the defense...more like a backup who could turn starter. Now Babin and TJ were supposed to be solid pieces...your right about that much.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I'd hate to lose Antwan, and I'd especially hate to lose him to the Cowgirls.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2007   #8
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Aw you just dont want to change your avatar! In fact I need a new one too, got any ideas?
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say he's more likely to go to the Patriots.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #10
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
maybe in return, we could get the exclusive rights to Michael Irvin. Or maybe Troy Aikman wants to make a comeback.....??
Old 02-27-2007   #11
gsbtxn
Veteran

I have a Peek jersey. If he went to the Cowboys, I'd have to burn it.
Adoptor of Eric Winston #73
gsbtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #12
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Players dont exactly have the best luck after GSB gets their jersey--b. miller, m. norris, etc. is peek the next? i wouldnt exactly miss peek personally.
Old 02-27-2007   #13
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
That was my fearful first thought, too.
Old 02-27-2007   #14
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
That was my fearful first thought, too.
I don't see how the Girls plan to use Peek as an insurance policy for Ellis when he's hurt half of the season himself. Assuming they get him.
Old 02-27-2007   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Which one ? The Pro Bowler or the one who got his azz shot up by an off-duty cop ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
I don't see how the Girls plan to use Peek as an insurance policy for Ellis when he's hurt half of the season himself. Assuming they get him.

They're going to schedule the injuries to minimize overlap.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
The Cowboys are probably the best team he could go to from our perspective in that we dont play them again for 4 years, so its unlikley he would come back to bite us in the *****.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read