Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-27-2007   #1
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 18146 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Harrington released?

Jusat came thru on the news ticker on my pager. Can anyone confirm?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #2
KennyHolmes99
Rookie

Default Re: Harrington released?

Yes, it's true.
KennyHolmes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

no the Texans shouldnt sign him

just nipping it in the bud, I know somebody is going to say it
Old 02-27-2007   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Harrington played alright for them towards the end.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #5
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post
no the Texans shouldnt sign him

just nipping it in the bud, I know somebody is going to say it

I say lets sign him and keep Carr. If we void the tightend position and put both of them on the field at the same time they might equal 1 NFL QB.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
When? After he was replaced by Lemon?

Last edited by TEXANRED; 02-27-2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: quoted the wrong person.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #7
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

From KFFL

Dolphins | Harrington's release appears imminent
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:39:43 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins are likely to release QB Joey Harrington by the end of the week, according to sources.
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2007   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't that be something, David Carr and Joey Harrington both playing for the Texans.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Harrington had a $3.5 million cap number and was due a $1 million roster bonus on Friday. There are going to be a lot of releases like this in the next few days.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #10
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
NO!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2007   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I must say, I would much rather sign Joey Harrington as a free agent than sign/trade for Jake Plummer.
Old 02-27-2007   #12
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
I must say, I would much rather sign Joey Harrington as a free agent than sign/trade for Jake Plummer. :hmm:
Finally, another Chris Taylor fan. Let me ask you, do you think we should draft a RB or go after McGahee or Henry? I don't think we should, because I think Taylor's going to turn into a stud right before our eyes.
Old 02-27-2007   #13
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Finally, another Chris Taylor fan. Let me ask you, do you think we should draft a RB or go after McGahee or Henry? I don't think we should, because I think Taylor's going to turn into a stud right before our eyes.
Yes I've been huge on Chris Taylor, but if we've got a chance to trade for a sure thing like McGahee I'd like to add him. I don't like Henry that much but I wouldn't mind if we get him. I'd really like to see us get Adrian Peterson. The chance of us trading or getting McGahee, Henry, or Peterson is slim, so I'd rather just see us stay with what we've got past that. I like Taylor a lot and I'm sure he will improve more during the offseason and during training camp. Him and Dayne make a solid combo and I think we should address all of our other positions before we look at RB. And also, I'd be really disappointed if Dayne left, he is the one who got our running game jump started near the end of the season and without him we wouldn't have won the Colts game.
Old 02-27-2007   #14
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
I say lets sign him and keep Carr. If we void the tightend position and put both of them on the field at the same time they might equal 1 NFL QB.
Then we could sign Courtney Brown, Charles Rogers, and trade for Michael Vick..lol.
Old 02-27-2007   #15
Dunta_23
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Then we could sign Courtney Brown, Charles Rogers, and trade for Michael Vick..lol.
And then trade for Robert Gallery and Mike Williams to protect him....
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

good riddance to the worst QB of the post-marino era.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #17
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
good riddance to the worst QB of the post-marino era.

What did I miss in Griese?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read