Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2004   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default On AJ

There is more to this article than just AJ, but he is something else. Looks like AJ and Carr are beginning to develop that bond that leads to the great combinations. Also give one an insight into just how competitive the quiet one is.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #2
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

He's too good to be true! ....

(what every guy wants to hear)
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

"Those jeans make your butt look small" What every women wants to hear. LOL

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #4
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
"Those jeans make your butt look small" What every women wants to hear. LOL
You betcha!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Looks like AJ and Carr are beginning to develop that bond that leads to the great combinations. . .
And just to think that some people at the beginning of the season thought that a David Carr to Bernard Berrian connection would of been better than David Carr to Andre Johnson connection...I am not going to name any names though

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #6
phan1
All Pro

Andre Johnson is DISGUSTING! This guy is ridiculously good. Watching him swat away small DBs with his long arms and big body was great to watch. And the Titans DBs aren't anything to laugh at either. He really reminds me of Terrel Owens. I think he will be better than TO, and he might be better than TO RIGHT NOW! This year is definitely a break out year for him.

Complement him with Gaff, Armstrong, and Bradford, our recieving core has got to be top 5 in the league. The only 4 that I can think of that would be better than ours is Steeler, Vickings, and maybe Rams and Colts. I personally think we're top 3.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

First thing I thought of when I was reading that was "The Hulk"

don't make me angry... you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

Gentle Dre -

ANGRY DRE

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2004   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
And just to think that some people at the beginning of the season thought that a David Carr to Bernard Berrian connection would of been better than David Carr to Andre Johnson connection...I am not going to name any names though
I'm certainly not going to disagree with you. AJ used the summer very effectively to reduce his short comings. His hands were suspect coming out of college, but I give credit where credit is due and he has really done a good job of alleviating that problem. But more importantly he has really garnered the respect of Carr and they are on the same page. I could care less who it is as long as Carr has some one like that to throw to. I would add, however, its not only AJ who has gained the eye of Carr, but its the other receivers as well. They are all steping up to the plate and Carr is delivering. As Houston fans it looks like we have a lot to look forward to and it looks like our young men have their wits about them. They all seem to be team oriented. That is a very big plus. AJ, no doubt, is the cream of the crop.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I was high on berrian in the off season too and thought he would be a perfect addition to our passing game.

Carr wanted him as well.. but I never said he would be a better connection than AJ either. The way I saw it.. a QB with two go to guys is gonna be a force

But we didnt get him.. maybe down the line we will get the chance to pick him up in FA.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Angry Dre hah!.. thats priceless.. we need to come up with a clever way to use that

signs that say "You wont like him when hes angry!"

maybe get one of those hulk shirts with the big muscles and get a custom #80 jersey that says "Angry Dre" on the back.

hah.. i love that.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #11
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Great Article!!

Me Three, I also thought Berrian would have made a great #2 or #3 receiver for this team, but never did I mention that he would replace AJ.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #12
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

David Carr/Andre Johnson..........easily my favorite players in the NFL!! I mean, how couldn't they be. They have been since last year! I saw something in them that would bloom into something special....looks like it might be coming reality sooner than I expected.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read