Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-27-2007   #1
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Travis Henry on the outs in TEN???

He could be a nice FA target if he does get cut.

http://draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

scroll down next to the picture of Patrick Willis for this interesting tidbit:

As for Tennessee, their deal with Travis Henry fell through on guaranteed money, so he could be a cut.....

This type of signing could make it very easy to not have to focus an early pick on a RB and use them to solidify the secondary and lines instead. He does come with some injury history, but has always been a tough runner.

Any thoughts?
HuttoKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Henry on the outs in TEN???

All of the sudden our choices of available running backs are looking very good.

I would still love to get Thomas Jones but not give up a draft pick.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"backs are a dime a dozen"
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #4
torontooilfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 torontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVP

I think the Titans will straighten this one out. With 36M in space they have the room to manouver and I am pretty sure Reinfeldt is not going to create a hole at RB with the team on the rise.

Henry is a local boy that loves being there so I think this is one case where a hometeam discount may come into play.
Old 02-27-2007   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I wanted him years ago when the Cards moved him but most of the forum just laughed at me and told me I was a fool since we were gonna be awesome with Stacey Mack...or something like that.
I am sure the reasoning was the "Mack attack" wore 34, that and everytime we saw him he plowed through our D like butter. We, including me, overestimated the talant of our D.

Jones is the big load back our O needs and looking for. The only question is what are the Bears going to ask for?

Old 02-27-2007   #6
KennyHolmes99
Rookie

We are just being cheap... we owe Henry 8.5mil as a bonus which was triggered during the middle of the season. We do not want to pay it, so we are doing are best to restructure Henry's contract. Since Henry wants to still be in Tennessee and the Titan organization wants him here, he will be here.... If we do end up giving him the bonus then it won't really put a big dent into our 35+ mill cap space.
KennyHolmes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHolmes99 View Post
We are just being cheap... we owe Henry 8.5mil as a bonus which was triggered during the middle of the season. We do not want to pay it, so we are doing are best to restructure Henry's contract. Since Henry wants to still be in Tennessee and the Titan organization wants him here, he will be here.... If we do end up giving him the bonus then it won't really put a big dent into our 35+ mill cap space.
HA!

I'm sorry, have you met your owner?

Bud Adams meet screwed fan.......Screwed fan meet Bud Adams, also known as the gate keeper for the 7th circle of Hell. Enjoy.

Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2007   #8
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

You mean we won't see the great Lendale White?
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #9
KennyHolmes99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
HA!

I'm sorry, have you met your owner?

Bud Adams meet screwed fan.......Screwed fan meet Bud Adams, also known as the gate keeper for the 7th circle of Hell. Enjoy.

just remember that when you see him in a Titans uniform next season.
KennyHolmes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHolmes99 View Post
just remember that when you see him in a Titans uniform next season.
Just saying he track record isn't real positive. Anywhere from trading Earl Campbell, releasing Warren Moon, to locking out Steve McNair.

I wonder if Bud Adams really does wear Prada?

Old 02-27-2007   #11
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

That would suck to lose Henry
Old 02-27-2007   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
That would suck to lose Henry
Well yeah. I mean, alot of people give credit to Vince but Henry ran his share of 40 to 50 yarders this season and he was an every down back.
I'd take him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #13
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Well yeah. I mean, alot of people give credit to Vince but Henry ran his share of 40 to 50 yarders this season and he was an every down back.
I'd take him.
Only because the D was focused on Vince!

Old 02-27-2007   #14
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post
Only because the D was focused on Vince!

Well VY did invent sunshine..................

Old 02-27-2007   #15
doughboy
Veteran

IMO lendale will be the starter after training camp.
Old 02-27-2007   #16
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
IMO lendale will be the starter after training camp.
Hope you're wrong
Old 02-27-2007   #17
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
He could be a nice FA target if he does get cut.

http://draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

scroll down next to the picture of Patrick Willis for this interesting tidbit:

As for Tennessee, their deal with Travis Henry fell through on guaranteed money, so he could be a cut.....

This type of signing could make it very easy to not have to focus an early pick on a RB and use them to solidify the secondary and lines instead. He does come with some injury history, but has always been a tough runner.

Any thoughts?
Two words: Chris.....Taylor

When Taylor proves to everybody that he's a legit starting back, then you guys will see what I'm talking about. Why sign a RB when you're gonna have to turn around and trade him/release him WHEN...i repeat WHEN Chris Taylor proves his worth?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read