Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-26-2007   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Lions/Cardinals to swap picks?

Quote:
A source in Indianapolis says there's talk at the NFL scouting combine of the Arizona Cardinals swapping first-round picks with the Detroit Lions in an effort to bring Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas to Arizona.

The Lions own the second overall pick, and most mock drafts have them taking Thomas for themselves. The Cardinals have the fifth overall pick. According to the chart teams use in determining value of draft picks, to make it a fair trade, the Cardinals would probably have to throw in their second- and third-round picks in the deal.
http://lions.aolsportsblog.com/2007/...e-thomas-trade

I still think Joe Thomas would have gone second anyways.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #2
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions/Cardinals to swap picks?

Wow! That doesn't sound too good for the Cards giving up their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd just to get Thomas, but I guess they're desperate.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #3
brewhaus
All Pro

I know the Cards are committed to protecting Leinart, but I think giving up their first 3 picks would be going a little overboard. If memory serves me correctly, they have more needs than their O-Line. I think they probably need those other picks worse than they need Joe Thomas.
Old 02-26-2007   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

And the Lions take whom? Adams? Quinn?
Old 02-26-2007   #5
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Cards are gonna do what we wouldn't, protect their franchise QB. Let's see how this plays out.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Wow! That doesn't sound too good for the Cards giving up their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd just to get Thomas, but I guess they're desperate.
No it doesn't which gives an illustration of why John Lopez' assertion that the Texans should move up to get Peterson is a bad idea. Unless the Texans fleece Cleveland Peterson effectively becomes the entire draft unless they strike Colston gold in the 6th or 7th.
Old 02-26-2007   #7
slamdunc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
And the Lions take whom? Adams? Quinn?
With their starting RB on the shelf for possibly 10 games, they may go Peterson...they might take him at #2 for that matter
slamdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i think they stay there and go levi brown or D-line
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #9
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No it doesn't which gives an illustration of why John Lopez' assertion that the Texans should move up to get Peterson is a bad idea. Unless the Texans fleece Cleveland Peterson effectively becomes the entire draft unless they strike Colston gold in the 6th or 7th.
if the price is a 2 and 3 then you mortage your whole first day--i'd take my chances getting okoye or trading down and grabbing brown. as much as i'd want peterson, that is just too high of a price, especially for a team that screams for an overall depth upgrade first and foremost.
Old 02-26-2007   #10
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

if the cards actually do this then they would be QUITE stupid. dont give up almost ur whole first day for one player! if u want an OT take Levi Brown! or better yet, leave him for us.
Old 02-26-2007   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
I know the Cards are committed to protecting Leinart, but I think giving up their first 3 picks would be going a little overboard. If memory serves me correctly, they have more needs than their O-Line. I think they probably need those other picks worse than they need Joe Thomas.
Which was an explanation the Texans used about unloading their #1 last year - nobody wanted to pay the going rate according to the Value Chart.
I say NP, just ignore the stinkin' chart and compromise.
But since Leinert is a lefty, does Thomas play the side that's foreign to him to protect Leinert's butt ? And is the weakside without the TE on the right or
left ? Things are different with a lefty at QB.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinert is a lefty.... So shouldnt they be investing in a blind side tackle? Which would be a RT and not a LT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
But since Leinert is a lefty, does Thomas play the side that's foreign to him to protect Leinert's butt ? And is the weakside without the TE on the right or
Now I see your post. Good point, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #14
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
http://lions.aolsportsblog.com/2007/...e-thomas-trade

I still think Joe Thomas would have gone second anyways.
Combine talk is just that....TALK.
Old 02-26-2007   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Which was an explanation the Texans used about unloading their #1 last year - nobody wanted to pay the going rate according to the Value Chart.
I say NP, just ignore the stinkin' chart and compromise.
they don't have to give up their second & third... They may give them next years first, and some scrub off their bench.

But after seeing the offensive line problem they are having, I can't imagine why no one speculates how badly they need Reggie Bush... I mean Adrian Peterson the way the media tried to force feed us Reggie.

Even at the 5 spot, they all have Arizona passing on Reggie... I mean AD, and have him falling to us.

And before anyone says they have Edgerin James, he avg'd 3.4 yards per carry, he had 0 runs over 20 yards, his longest run of the season was for 18 yards, he only had 6 TDs, & he only ran for 1,188 yards in 16 full games.

IF it made the most sense for us to take Reggie Bush at #1 overall in '06, then there is no way any mock draft should have Adrian Peterson falling past Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, Tampa Bay or Arizona.

Even with a QB like Aaron Brooks..... a mock with Jamarcus Russell going #1 overall...

this is just preposterous.
Old 02-26-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

because people are smart enough to figure out that the reason james couldn't run is because of the line, not because of james.
Old 02-26-2007   #17
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess Milford Brown was'nt the answer, huh?....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
because people are smart enough to figure out that the reason james couldn't run is because of the line, not because of james.
But our problem was our runningback, and not our line...... gotcha.

and... our problem is our line, and not our QB... makes perfect sense.
Old 02-26-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

different players, different teams, different years, different hypes...
Old 02-26-2007   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
different players, different teams, different years, different hypes...
Same situation.

I still believe the media was trying to bully us into drafting Reggie Bush, when he had absolutely nothing you'd like to see in a #1 overall running back. Adrian Peterson is much closer to a #1 overall than Reggie was, Ronnie Brown was much closer to a #1 overall than Reggie was.. both of them were/are overlooked for QBs. ONe of which was a system guy, and the other a big armed prospect.

Oakland is going to do the smart thing, and not pick up the option on the QB who has done nothing to earn the spot, or the money. Never mind that he had no chance in hell to do a dang thang.

& Detroit is going to pass on them, because they already have a top 10 rushing game, and a ProBowl running back.

No wait a minute, they were dead last in rushing offense, and their leading rusher didn't break 700 yards in 12 games.

But they don't need a better running back prospect than the once in a lifetime Reggie Bush.

Cleveland?? 31 in rushing, just ahead of Detroit. they have a nice young QB who could use a little help, especially when their top rusher is without a doubt a product of a system.

Tampa Bay.... 28th in rushing, and their starter has been knicked up both years in the league. They don't need a running back.

And then we have Arizona.... 30th in the league in rushing, right above Cleveland & Detroit. But they don't need a running back.

Where was the Houston Texans in rushing for the 2005 season?? 15th. But they desperately needed a running back to help David Carr. Why in the heck is that??

Where was Arizona in rushing in 2005?? would you believe they were dead last?? Cleveland was 25, and Detroit was 26th...

Houston was 15th in rushing in 2005, and you try to force feed us a running back, Houston is 21st in rushing in 2006, you try to force feed us a running back, even though in both years, Houston had a better running game than Detroit, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, & Arizona.

better than Oakland as well, who was 29th in 2005, and 29th in 2006.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read