Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-26-2007   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Needs

here is a summary of the Texans Needs- hope this helps answear some questions-

http://www.thehogs.net/Draft/exclusi...dex.php?id=859

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #2
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP
Default Re: Texans Needs

No actually same thing we have seen on countless other threads. Thanks anyway.
Old 02-26-2007   #3
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Nothing about the offensive line listed. Guess our OL is just a matter of public opinion.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

with FA starting Firday March 2nd who do the Texans keep & who do they let go?

*bold keep
*un-bolded let go

Free agency status:

UFA:
T Brad Bedell
TE Mark Bruener
DT Lional Dalton
RB Ron Dayne
LB Troy Evans
DE N.D. Kalu
DT Cedric Killings
CB Dexter McCleon
DE Antwan Peek
LB DaShon Polk
LB Wali Rainer
T Ephraim Salaam
CB Lewis Sanders
P Chad Stanley
S Michael Stone

RFA:
CB Roc Alexander
LB Charlie Anderson
SS Glenn Earl
CB Von Hutchins
LB Shantee Orr
FB Vonta Leach

ERFA:
OG Scott Jackson
RB Samkon Gado
WR David Anderson
WR Derrick Lewis
DE Alfred Malone

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #5
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Texans high priorities:

Offense - 1) draft top running back for Carr to hand off to. 2) continue to build the offensive line, adding to the Winston/Spencer picks of last year.

Defense - 1) draft or sign defensive tackle. 2) draft or sign outside linebacker. 3) draft or sign either a corner or safety.

Texans secondary priorities:

Offense - 1) draft Kolb if available. They will pass on Quinn in round one for a RB. 2) - draft: wide receiver.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #6
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Texans high priorities:

Offense - 1) draft top running back for Carr to hand off to. 2) continue to build the offensive line, adding to the Winston/Spencer picks of last year.

Defense - 1) draft or sign defensive tackle. 2) draft or sign outside linebacker. 3) draft or sign either a corner or safety.

Offense - 1) draft Kolb if available. They will pass on Quinn in round one for a RB. 2) - draft: wide receiver.
W/R not a priority before 6th round if then. We need too many other things and AJ/Moulds are still our 1-2 punch. With Walters & tight ends we will be ok. Our backs can catch a dump off and AP can catch if he is our first pick.
Old 02-26-2007   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Texans high priorities:

Good allocation of needs. If you look at the Texans in terms of drafted players vs. signed players, the defense has many more drafted players (Babin, Mario, TJ, Demeco, Dunta, etc.). I suspect the Texans will try put more draft picks on the offensive side of the ball and make 1-2 key FA signings that will be defensive - say defensive tackle or linebacker.
Old 02-26-2007   #8
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post
W/R not a priority before 6th round if then. We need too many other things and AJ/Moulds are still our 1-2 punch. With Walters & tight ends we will be ok. Our backs can catch a dump off and AP can catch if he is our first pick.
Yeah, that's why it's called a secondary priority.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #9
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

What about Calvin Johnson? I think he could help us out a lot.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #10
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Link doesn't give us the full story of the Texans. We have need at just about every position on the field.

1. RB
2. FS
3. OL
4. DL
5. OLB
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #11
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

WR? A little help for Andre?
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #12
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

When talking about a WR, it's a double edge sword. By adding another threat (Moulds wasn't it last year....everyteam knew this), it'll help spread the defense and stop teams from stacking 8 men in the box. Your running production will increase and you have a #2 reciever. However, without a line it'll be hard to get the ball downfield at times. It also doesn't help that our QB loves the dump pass.

With all that, I would love to get Meachem out of Tenn. but only if it's a low 1st Rd. pick or a early 2nd. His stock has soared tremendously because of his break away speed and flat out crazy skills. The Texans might throw some teams in funk....who the hell would expect us to be passing 30 yards down the field? LOL.....hit 'em where they least expect it.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #13
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
with FA starting Firday March 2nd who do the Texans keep & who do they let go?

*bold keep
*un-bolded let go

Free agency status:

UFA:
T Brad Bedell
TE Mark Bruener
DT Lional Dalton
RB Ron Dayne
LB Troy Evans
DE N.D. Kalu
DT Cedric Killings
CB Dexter McCleon
DE Antwan Peek
LB DaShon Polk
LB Wali Rainer
T Ephraim Salaam
CB Lewis Sanders
P Chad Stanley
S Michael Stone

RFA:
CB Roc Alexander
LB Charlie Anderson
SS Glenn Earl
CB Von Hutchins
LB Shantee Orr
FB Vonta Leach

ERFA:
OG Scott Jackson
RB Samkon Gado
WR David Anderson
WR Derrick Lewis
DE Alfred Malone
lose the following:

Bedell
Dalton
Polk
Rainer
Stanley
Stone
Gado

I'd also trade Glenn Earl for a bag of peanuts...you know....the good kind.

Last edited by Navy_Chris; 02-26-2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: typo
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
UFA:
T Brad Bedell
RB Ron Dayne
DE N.D. Kalu
DE Antwan Peek
LB Wali Rainer
CB Lewis Sanders

RFA:
CB Roc Alexander
LB Charlie Anderson
SS Glenn Earl
CB Von Hutchins
LB Shantee Orr
FB Vonta Leach

ERFA:
OG Scott Jackson
RB Samkon Gado
WR David Anderson
WR Derrick Lewis
DE Alfred Malone
Those are guys I want back for camp.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #15
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

I know what UFA stands for and I know what RFA stands for, but what does ERFA stand for, again?
Old 02-26-2007   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
When talking about a WR, it's a double edge sword. By adding another threat (Moulds wasn't it last year....everyteam knew this), it'll help spread the defense and stop teams from stacking 8 men in the box. Your running production will increase and you have a #2 reciever. However, without a line it'll be hard to get the ball downfield at times. It also doesn't help that our QB loves the dump pass.
I don't have the best memory in the world. But I only recall Moulds dropping one ball. & everytime he caught the ball, he got some nice YAC more often than not. & from my nosebleed seat, he looked like he got open quite a bit.

I don't see how we can sell Moulds so short so quick. From what I can remember, from what I've seen... he was everything we wanted him to be.

No one(in their right mind) thought he was going to be a deep threat, and stretch the field...... he was supposed to open up the middle, and ease the doubles on AJ. & he did both. I think we got 10 TDs from our TEs, and sent AJ to the ProBowl.
Old 02-26-2007   #17
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't have the best memory in the world. But I only recall Moulds dropping one ball. & everytime he caught the ball, he got some nice YAC more often than not. & from my nosebleed seat, he looked like he got open quite a bit.

I don't see how we can sell Moulds so short so quick. From what I can remember, from what I've seen... he was everything we wanted him to be.

No one(in their right mind) thought he was going to be a deep threat, and stretch the field...... he was supposed to open up the middle, and ease the doubles on AJ. & he did both. I think we got 10 TDs from our TEs, and sent AJ to the ProBowl.
Why is Eric Moulds thought of as a lost cause by some people on this board? I mean, if we could just get (insert QB here) to look his way sometimes.
Old 02-27-2007   #18
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Moulds was semi-productive last year and he didn't put up numbers the Texans were expecting (816 in '05 to 557 in '06). He hadn't had anything less than 780 yards since 1997.
Old 02-27-2007   #19
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Why is Eric Moulds thought of as a lost cause by some people on this board? I mean, if we could just get (insert QB here) to look his way sometimes.
Right now the biggest concern I have with the guy is AGE! He'll be in his 12th season in the league and clearly underacheieved last year. You could say that a lot of it is due to an inept QB, but the guy has lost a step. You would be irrational to think that he is our answer to a #2 reciever. It's not about looking his way, it's about facing reality. The dude would serve well to mentor a young reciever while he still wears a Texans uni.

Last edited by BSofA04; 02-27-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-27-2007   #20
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Also, I remember reading how Moulds had a great relationship with AJ. He does hold some value for the team, but the clock is ticking.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read