Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-26-2007   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Adam Schefter reports Carr will not be leaving Houston

By Adam Schefter
NFL Analyst

Adam Schefter's "Around the League" reports and commentaries can be seen regularly on NFL Total Access.

INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 25, 2007)

A NEW CARR

After watching the college quarterbacks this weekend and further assessing the potential free-agent class, the Houston Texans came away even more convinced that David Carr will be their quarterback this season.

Up until now, the Texans have said they would listen to offers for Carr, but never have committed to trading him. And upon further review, Texans officials now believe that Carr is their best alternative and they won't be making a trade for Denver's Jake Plummer or any other quarterback.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10021837

If a mod reads this, and can place a c in Schefter in the title, it would be appriciated.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #2
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adam Schefter reports Carr will not be leaving Houston

How reliable is Schefter? My memory says 'good' but I don't know for sure.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #3
NFLforher
All Pro

ABC is reporting it too.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

How awkward would it be for the Texans to bring Carr back, now? It just seems that letting David go would be in the best interests of both parties.

Maybe Kubiak & Smith didn't realize the Broncos would play hardball in obtaining Plummer? Maybe they are content with waiting Shanahan out, with Jake getting an outright release? Plummer already knows the offense, there's no real need to get him in early. I just can't believe that bringing Carr back was the plan entering the offseason.
Old 02-26-2007   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always thought David Car is worth more than a 4th rd. pick. if Drew Henson was worth a 3rd, David is worth at least a 2nd. the Texans are either trying to drive his value up or now realize to replace him with a comparable talent it would take at least a late 1st early 2nd.

I still beleive the Texans are trying to find a way to draft Kevin Kolb.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #6
Sportsfan
All Pro

Wow. Even though this isn't official its sounds like its most likely true. I was sure he'd be traded but deep down i think he's McNair's boy and won't be going anywhere.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
How awkward would it be for the Texans to bring Carr back, now? It just seems that letting David go would be in the best interests of both parties.
I would agree.
If the Texans thought the retain DC/pass on VY decisions were controversial
last year after the disappointing season Carr had coupled with Youngs ROY season were controversial, this year could be even more of a PR firestorm if Carr were to start. And they've got to sell some tickets before the season begins, and this year there is the real possibility of some local TV blackouts.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2007   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I know that makes some of you staunch DC non-likers (PC) , let me be the 1st to institute a suicide watch for a couple of posters here, you know who you are.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Could be based on Brady Quinn's performance at the combine. SI reports it was subpar and that the QB lost a lot of ground there:

Quote:
scouts were astonished Brady Quinn decided the leave the combine without throwing in the RCA Dome. This comes on the heals of the phantom injury that forced Quinn to withdraw from the Senior Bowl three days before the event began. Quinn's draft stock has taken a major hit at the combine. There are questions about his decision making on and off the field as well as his leadership skills.
Old 02-26-2007   #10
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
Could be based on Brady Quinn's performance at the combine. SI reports it was subpar and that the QB lost a lot of ground there:
I think that's bull....

Neither VY nor Leinart worked out at the combine...Atleast Brady Quinn got in there and bench pressed...He actually did pretty well...

I watched a good part of the combine coverage, and nothing I saw indicated Quinn had lost any ground....
Old 02-26-2007   #11
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
By Adam Schefter
NFL Analyst

Adam Schefter's "Around the League" reports and commentaries can be seen regularly on NFL Total Access.

INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 25, 2007)

A NEW CARR

After watching the college quarterbacks this weekend and further assessing the potential free-agent class, the Houston Texans came away even more convinced that David Carr will be their quarterback this season.

Up until now, the Texans have said they would listen to offers for Carr, but never have committed to trading him. And upon further review, Texans officials now believe that Carr is their best alternative and they won't be making a trade for Denver's Jake Plummer or any other quarterback.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10021837

If a mod reads this, and can place a c in Schefter in the title, it would be appriciated.
Well, this is certainly good news. In addition to this story, there are other very credible NFL writers citing good sources that Jake Plummer will likely be traded, rather than cut, from Denver, and the Texans are bowing out of the potential bidding for Plummer. This increases the liklihood that David is going to camp as the Texans starting QB in 2007.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
In addition to this story, there are other very credible NFL writers citing good sources that Jake Plummer will likely be traded, rather than cut, from Denver, and the Texans are bowing out of the potential bidding for Plummer.
Do you have some links to these articles? I'm not questioning their existence, I (and others) would just like to read them.
Old 02-26-2007   #13
trutxn
Veteran

Quote:

Maybe Kubiak & Smith didn't realize the Broncos would play hardball in obtaining Plummer? Maybe they are content with waiting Shanahan out, with Jake getting an outright release? Plummer already knows the offense, there's no real need to get him in early. I just can't believe that bringing Carr back was the plan entering the offseason.
No, its because they realize there is no better option. Now lets get off the Carr subject once and for all.
Old 02-26-2007   #14
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by trutxn View Post
Now lets get off the Carr subject once and for all.
Now, that made me laugh!
Old 02-26-2007   #15
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the update. I have no doubt that Carr is going to be the man next year - it is certainly going to be interesting...
Old 02-26-2007   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans keep Carr, they would have to start him as they can't possibly
pay him his contract if he's only a backup, and no way Carr will restructure at
this point given all he's gone thru and the limitations to his future here.
But I dunno, because of the way they handled last year when they passed on
Vince Young, and Reggie Bush, who would have been
a PR coup and certainly made a contribution to our struggling offense, for
Mario, maybe they are really this clueless and insensitive about public relations with the fan base ?
I dunno, but after the Texans go back and forth with this Carr issue and then ultimately keep him for the 2007 season - WOW ! I'd have to say that McNair and his FO are just tonedeaf.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #17
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 21898 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Front Office: "I think we neeed a new QB."
Carr" (waves hand) "These aren't the droids you're looking for"
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #18
trutxn
Veteran

Quote:
Now, that made me laugh!
I laughed when I typed it...At least for this offseason
Old 02-26-2007   #19
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

No biggie... this just means Carr better perform come camp.

I expect the Texans to draft Kolb and put the pressure on David.
Old 02-26-2007   #20
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
I expect the Texans to draft Kolb and put the pressure on David.
Look, I like Kevin Kolb as much as anyone. But, he's not going to press for a starting job in the NFL as a rookie.

BTW, Kolb has an ESPN chat scheduled for 2 p.m. CST.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read