Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-26-2007   #1
real

Default Carr to Cleveland ?

Quote:
As far as the draft, RB Adrian Peterson appears to be the favorite for the team's pick at No. 3 should they stay put. That being said, rumors are running rampant that the Houston Texans are interested in moving up the draft board for a shot at Peterson and could propose a trade to the Browns that would send starting QB David Carr and draft picks to Cleveland for the No. 3 position.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...bigconweb.html

Hmmmm
Old 02-26-2007   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr to Cleveland ?

Trading for the #3 pick would be prohibitively expensive for the Texans IMO.
Most "Draft Value Charts" would require the Texans ship their other first day picks in exchange for the #3, unless one thinks the Browns would value Carr for as much as a 2 or 3 ? I could see the Texans trading for #5 which would require maybe their 3rd rounder, but doubt that also. Besides AD will probably be off the Board before 5.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #3
real

I don't like the idea of trading up....

We have too many needs to try and go after one particular player...
Old 02-26-2007   #4
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

#8, 3rd rounder, and Carr for either...

Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, or Joe Thomas?

A Franchise RB, a franchise WR or a franchise LT...for Carr and 3rd?

DONE! Actually, could be a legit deal for both teams. Cleve gets a QB AND they get a DE or a FS.
Old 02-26-2007   #5
real

I'd rather take BPA at 8 and pick up another possible starter in the third...
Old 02-26-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i suppose this fits with all the talk that cleveland is aiming to win now. still, i think they'd take peterson if that's truly the case.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA View Post

DONE! Actually, could be a legit deal for both teams. Cleve gets a QB AND they get a DE or a FS.
That would be one hellvu deal for the Texans, which is exactly why the Browns won't go for it. I just can't imagine Carr being worth more than a
3rd rounder - absolute tops.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2007   #8
DRAMA
All Pro

If Cleveland got an #8, a high 3rd, and Carr, that may be enough to move up 5 spaces. However, like us, they're looking at 3 FRANCHISE players there. At number 8, it's very unlikely that a franchise guy will be there.

If we go Levi Brown, Lynch, or Gaines Adams - they all COULD become franchise players but AP, Thomas, and CJ all look locked in as franchise players. My opinion is always to grab the franchise player first and THEN...hope for the best in the 3rd and so on.

We need to be active in Free Agency, I know that for sure. I'd be interested to know if they bring back some of those street DT's. I thought they showed alot of spunk. Anybody have ANY idea what Travis Johnson's status is?

Maybe they like that 20 year old kid at DT?
Old 02-26-2007   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm going the other way on this. I don't believe AD, or any of those guys are worth the move.
Old 02-26-2007   #10
real

I think it'd be worth it for another team....

Just not the Texans...

Too many holes to fill....
Old 02-26-2007   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

If true, I think this is a good move. We have no intentions on playing Carr so basically it is a 3rd round pick that we are giving up.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #12
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Where are all of those people who said draft Reggie and Keep Carr?
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #13
trutxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA View Post

Sounds good to me, although don't think it will happen. I would be tempted to grab Calvin at 3.
Old 02-26-2007   #14
DRAMA
All Pro

Also gotta remember that if Carr is traded then there would be extra money for FA's. So, in essence, it 'could' be....

CARR, #8 pick, 3rd rounder....

for (Let's say..)

Joe Thomas and Nate Clements ( I know...I know...but it would be more money to thorw his way ((and it helps my argument)).
Old 02-26-2007   #15
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I like this, but something tells me we'd have to give up more than what everyones expecting. Something tells me a 2nd is necessary or another player, if not a future pick. It seems like too much and I'm not so sure Cleveland wants to give up their shot to get an offensive playmaker either.
Old 02-26-2007   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Looking at Carr's stats his second year, and Frye's stats his second year(Frye playing less games total) Why would the Browns be interested in David Carr??
Old 02-26-2007   #17
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by trutxn View Post
Sounds good to me, although don't think it will happen. I would be tempted to grab Calvin at 3.
I agree. I would take Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas before I took Adrian Peterson.

With that being said, I don't believe this report. I don't think we give away picks this year with the lack of talent on this team.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #18
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

I'm not a Carr fan but I wouldn't wish Cleveland on anybody! Yuk
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #19
DRAMA
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Looking at Carr's stats his second year, and Frye's stats his second year(Frye playing less games total) Why would the Browns be interested in David Carr??
DANG IT!!! Don't say that outloud...people from Cleveland could be reading this board.

Seriously, that is the 5 million dollar question....would I do it? No - I'd stay at #3.
Old 02-26-2007   #20
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

DO IT NOW!! We need a big playmaker on offense other than Andre. Now as long as a team before us doesn't grab him, I'd give serious thought on this.

I personally think our defense can be solved with some FA signings, or at least be a decent defense next year. Mario should come around, and DeMeco should have a great year as well.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read