Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2007   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Possible trade scenarios for us.

Purpose of this thread is for us to discuss possible trade scenarios for us. Not so much what we want to happen per se but more or less what would be a LEGIT trade scenario FOR BOTH TEAMS.

I'll start off by saying I would only want to trade down a few spots in the draft so we could still get a player like Levi Brown or Laron Landry...among a few others. Secondly, I'm hoping to get maybe a 2nd or 3rd rd pick extra because I would like us to trade back up with NE for one of their picks so we could get Kalil.

-While points wise we may be able to trade our 8 for both of NE's 1st rders, I dont see them really wanting to do that at all. however since they do have two first rders I could see them trading one of the..down for an extra pick. they would only move down either 15 or 11 picks for our 2nd plus maybe we throw in our extra 3rd. (from the previous trade) Sorry if this is very complicated but the only way I see us getting Kalil is trading up. and for us to do that i think we would need to trade our 1st rder down. ok?!

1. Green Bay Packers (16th)- I was hoping marshawn lynch would aw everybody and raise his draft stock significantly so they would trade up with us for him. i don't see that happening anymore. they may trade up for peterson but let's just say he's going to be gone well before we pick...someone may trade ahead of us to snag peterson anyways.

2. Pittsburgh (15th)- who are they really targeting and who would they be willing to trade up for?

3. Carolina (14th)- Brady Quinn? if quinn fell to us, do you think they would want to trade up for him? Delhomme isn't keeping many fans happy but he still has 2 years left on his contract. do they have room $ wise to be spending a lot for 2 qb's.

4. St Louis???/
5. Buffalo???
6. San Fran???
7. Atlanta-looks to me they may take FS...or a cb...maybe a WR...i doubt they would trade up unless its for Calvin Johnson.

Not a whole lot for us to work with. Anybody have any legit ideas? Keep them to stuff that may actually happen. Remember these teams would be giving up draft picks for it and be paying a lot of money to that #8 player so keep their financing in the back of your mind.


Thanks for the help..I'd love to do something like this so you know where i'm coming from.

1. (1st rd-trade down pick) LEVI Brown LT Penn St.
2. (1st rd-trade up for 1 ofNE's picks) RYAN Kalil C USC
3. (don't know if we'd have a 2nd rder or skip until the 3rd rd for our next pick) we should address defense with that pick. Maybe best CB available, LB, DT...etc.
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #2
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame
 
Hottoddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cypress
Age: 55
Posts: 1,381
Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Depending on who drops to #8, here's some possible trading partners & why they might be interested.

Green Bay: Even if AP is gone they might be willing to trade up, because Buffalo (#12) is rumored to be targeting Lynch. Since they've put McGahee on the block, there could be some truth to this possibility.

NY Jets: If AP drops, would they want him bad enough to give up their 1st & both 2nd rounders? That would most likely net us 3 starters.

Denver: They're rumored to be looking to move up again this year. Could they be a possible trade partner?

Carolina, Green Bay, Kansas City: With Miami selecting right after us, could one of these teams be willing to trade up for Quinn?

You know, #8 is starting to look like a great place to be.
__________________
Watt, Poe, Crick
Reed, Cushing, Mohamed, Clowney

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

indeed #8 looks pretty good.

who would Denver want? someone like Jamaal Anderson or Gaines Adams?

I too think Quinn may help us out with a trade if he's there.
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #4
Insideop
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In the "Control Room"
Age: 59
Posts: 1,728
Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

[quote=Hottoddie;605202]Depending on who drops to #8, here's some possible trading partners & why they might be interested.

Green Bay: Even if AP is gone they might be willing to trade up, because Buffalo (#12) is rumored to be targeting Lynch. Since they've put McGahee on the block, there could be some truth to this possibility.

NY Jets: If AP drops, would they want him bad enough to give up their 1st & both 2nd rounders? That would most likely net us 3 starters.

Denver: They're rumored to be looking to move up again this year. Could they be a possible trade partner?

Carolina, Green Bay, Kansas City: With Miami selecting right after us, could one of these teams be willing to trade up for Quinn? [quote]


I think Denver, KC, and Jets might trade up a few spots but not all the way up to #8. They would have to give at least 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks to make the point value even close, and I don't think any of them would be willing to give up that much. Green Bay and Carolina would be the only 2 out of this bunch that I think would even think about trading up to #8. I guess I just don't see a team giving up 3, 4, or 5 draft picks to get one, unless they are one stud RB or WR or QB away from the SB. And even then it would be a huge gamble. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Would any of these teams be willing to move up a few spots...and if so for who?

San Fran, Buffalo, St. Louis, Pittsburgh
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Trading our pick is looking kind of bleak to me.

If we stay put here's who I'd be happy with.

Offense- Levi Brown
Defense-
D-Line- Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams, Alan Branch, Amobi Okoye (at least 1 will definitly be available)
Secondary- Laron Landry

I think our pick will come down to those few guys.

Who would y'all take if Levi Brown, Amobi Okoye, Alan Branch, and Laron Landry were the ones available?
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #7
Navy_Chris
All Pro
 
Navy_Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: College Station, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 906
Rep Power: 9 Navy_Chris is a fan favorite
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Would any of these teams be willing to move up a few spots...and if so for who?

San Fran, Buffalo, St. Louis, Pittsburgh
Buffalo. no. They have too many holes to fill on their team. they will value their picks.

San Fran. they may be willing to move up to take Okoye. Same goes for St. Louis.

Pittsburgh. no. They've got it made from a personnel standpoint. Of course, they could use another CB, but no one available warrants moving up to 8.

What do you think?
__________________
Daymeion Hughes should be a Texan.
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Buffalo. no. They have too many holes to fill on their team. they will value their picks.

San Fran. they may be willing to move up to take Okoye. Same goes for St. Louis.

Pittsburgh. no. They've got it made from a personnel standpoint. Of course, they could use another CB, but no one available warrants moving up to 8.

What do you think?
yea good analysis, similar to what i was thinking.

If Pittsburgh is gonna pick up a CB....there isn't any use trading up with us imo.

San Fran would have to be scared Miami, or ATL would take Okoye or that somebody would trade ahead of them.

We'll see but at least now I'm starting to come to the realization that we're not going to be able to trade down. We're going to stay put at 8.
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #9
Navy_Chris
All Pro
 
Navy_Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: College Station, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 906
Rep Power: 9 Navy_Chris is a fan favorite
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
yea good analysis, similar to what i was thinking.

If Pittsburgh is gonna pick up a CB....there isn't any use trading up with us imo.

San Fran would have to be scared Miami, or ATL would take Okoye or that somebody would trade ahead of them.

We'll see but at least now I'm starting to come to the realization that we're not going to be able to trade down. We're going to stay put at 8.
I'm not the least bit interested in trading down, even with NE, assuming they were interested. LaRon's our guy! At least I hope he is.

If you look at many of the past SB winners, what's the one thing they have in common??

They all had a dominating guy at the safety position.

Indy has Bob Sanders
Pitt has Polamalu
NE has Harrison

NFL GM's and coaches are now starting to place a higher value on safeties, as they should.
__________________
Daymeion Hughes should be a Texan.
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

I could live if we select Laron. I really like him a lot and he seems like a 'texan' type of guy to me. Just his demeanor and leadership. he seems like a player the texans would select.
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #11
Navy_Chris
All Pro
 
Navy_Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: College Station, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 906
Rep Power: 9 Navy_Chris is a fan favorite
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I could live if we select Laron. I really like him a lot and he seems like a 'texan' type of guy to me. Just his demeanor and leadership. he seems like a player the texans would select.
I hope you're right.

What do you think about the backfield of

Chris Taylor/Ron Dayne/Wali Lundy/Ramonce Taylor next season?
__________________
Daymeion Hughes should be a Texan.
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame
 
TexanSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Age: 27
Posts: 17,071
Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
What do you think about the backfield of

Chris Taylor/Ron Dayne/Wali Lundy/Ramonce Taylor next season?
A backfield consisting of those 4 guys is not going to be very good. Chris Taylor played one game against a terrible Browns team. Dayne, as well as he played at the end of last season, isn't a feature back. He's been in the league 6 years. He would have shown something before the last quarter of the season last year. Heck, he got hurt in pre-game warmups against the Browns. That's probably a sign of something. Lundy did not look very good last season. Yes he was a rookie, but there was also a reason he was drafted in the 6th round (same for C. Taylor going undrafted). If Ramonce Taylor gets drafted, it's more than likely it won't be until the 6th or 7th round. If we have 3 guys who were either late draft picks or undrafted, and one guy who has been considered pretty much a bust in the NFL, our running back situation is going to be similar to the one we had this year. I don't want to go through another year of musical chairs. Kubiak's system isn't going to turn any run-of-the-mill running back into a productive one. There has to be talent there.
__________________

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #13
Navy_Chris
All Pro
 
Navy_Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: College Station, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 906
Rep Power: 9 Navy_Chris is a fan favorite
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
A backfield consisting of those 4 guys is not going to be very good. Chris Taylor played one game against a terrible Browns team. Dayne, as well as he played at the end of last season, isn't a feature back. He's been in the league 6 years. He would have shown something before the last quarter of the season last year. Heck, he got hurt in pre-game warmups against the Browns. That's probably a sign of something. Lundy did not look very good last season. Yes he was a rookie, but there was also a reason he was drafted in the 6th round (same for C. Taylor going undrafted). If Ramonce Taylor gets drafted, it's more than likely it won't be until the 6th or 7th round. If we have 3 guys who were either late draft picks or undrafted, and one guy who has been considered pretty much a bust in the NFL, our running back situation is going to be similar to the one we had this year. I don't want to go through another year of musical chairs. Kubiak's system isn't going to turn any run-of-the-mill running back into a productive one. There has to be talent there.
I think Chris Taylor has the potential to be a very good back for us. I just wish Gary would give him a shot.
__________________
Daymeion Hughes should be a Texan.
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame
 
tulexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post

What do you think about the backfield of

Chris Taylor/Ron Dayne/Wali Lundy/Ramonce Taylor next season?
I think we would be looking to draft the best available between McFadden, Slaton, Rice, Davis, or Orr next year after having another well below average rushing game.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #15
Navy_Chris
All Pro
 
Navy_Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: College Station, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 906
Rep Power: 9 Navy_Chris is a fan favorite
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I think we would be looking to draft the best available between McFadden, Slaton, Rice, Davis, or Orr next year after having another well below average rushing game.

That's also what i'm thinking. I would LOVE to draft Ray Rice early in next year's draft.
__________________
Daymeion Hughes should be a Texan.
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame
 
TexanSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Age: 27
Posts: 17,071
Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
I think Chris Taylor has the potential to be a very good back for us. I just wish Gary would give him a shot.
Based on what though? He played one game last season. I know the coaching staff seemed to be really excited about him during training camp and pre-season last year, but even with their praise of him they still put him on the practice squad. I wish Kubes would have played him more as well and I'm not saying he's not going to be a good back for us, but if we go into next season with Chris Taylor set to get significant playing time when he got none last season aside from the Browns game, the run game is going to worry a lot of people again.
__________________

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #17
Navy_Chris
All Pro
 
Navy_Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: College Station, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 906
Rep Power: 9 Navy_Chris is a fan favorite
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Based on what though? He played one game last season. I know the coaching staff seemed to be really excited about him during training camp and pre-season last year, but even with their praise of him they still put him on the practice squad. I wish Kubes would have played him more as well and I'm not saying he's not going to be a good back for us, but if we go into next season with Chris Taylor set to get significant playing time when he got none last season aside from the Browns game, the run game is going to worry a lot of people again.
I know that, it would worry me as well, but Chris Taylor, in my opinion, is going to surprise a lot of people if given the opportunity. If we make a concerted effort to improve our O-Line (including drafting Harris and Satele), I honestly think Taylor will surprise. It's a little risky going into this without a surefire thing in place, but I think the benefits here could prove enormous.
__________________
Daymeion Hughes should be a Texan.
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #18
dirty steve
Hall of Fame
 
dirty steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Friendswood
Age: 38
Posts: 1,146
Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Based on what though? He played one game last season. I know the coaching staff seemed to be really excited about him during training camp and pre-season last year, but even with their praise of him they still put him on the practice squad. I wish Kubes would have played him more as well and I'm not saying he's not going to be a good back for us, but if we go into next season with Chris Taylor set to get significant playing time when he got none last season aside from the Browns game, the run game is going to worry a lot of people again.
cant agree more with your point--i dont understand the premise that just because we have alot of RB's on the roster now that we are in good hands going into 2007. williams is chronically hurt and getting released, dayne to me is nothing more than 3rd type, and taylor did all his damage against a team that was bad on defense but came in missing seven of those starters. to me, that spells RB via trade, FA, or the draft. some type of improvement needs to be made.
__________________
Co-Innovator of the TFD--established 2005
dirty steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #19
tulexan
Hall of Fame
 
tulexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
I know that, it would worry me as well, but Chris Taylor, in my opinion, is going to surprise a lot of people if given the opportunity. If we make a concerted effort to improve our O-Line (including drafting Harris and Satele), I honestly think Taylor will surprise. It's a little risky going into this without a surefire thing in place, but I think the benefits here could prove enormous.
Yes he has potential to be something special, but he has just as much potential to be nothing. Saying that he should be our feature back is like saying that Ryan Fitzpatrick should be the QB of the Rams. He had one decent game against a pathetic defense. Until we address the running back position, we are going to have an anemic running game, which will lead to an anemic passing game, which will lead to another high draft pick. Ramonce Taylor will have a decent game against a pathetic team after doing nothing the entire year and we will hear about how we have to give Ramonce a chance to be the starting back instead of addressing the position again.

We should've drafted a running back earlier last year, we should draft a running back early this year, or we are going to have to draft a running back high next year.

Take Peterson or Lynch early and then we are done with the position for 5 to 6 years. Wait until the second day again and we are going to be in the same situation next season.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #20
Navy_Chris
All Pro
 
Navy_Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: College Station, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 906
Rep Power: 9 Navy_Chris is a fan favorite
Default Re: Possible trade scenarios for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Yes he has potential to be something special, but he has just as much potential to be nothing. Saying that he should be our feature back is like saying that Ryan Fitzpatrick should be the QB of the Rams. He had one decent game against a pathetic defense. Until we address the running back position, we are going to have an anemic running game, which will lead to an anemic passing game, which will lead to another high draft pick. Ramonce Taylor will have a decent game against a pathetic team after doing nothing the entire year and we will hear about how we have to give Ramonce a chance to be the starting back instead of addressing the position again.

We should've drafted a running back earlier last year, we should draft a running back early this year, or we are going to have to draft a running back high next year.

Take Peterson or Lynch early and then we are done with the position for 5 to 6 years. Wait until the second day again and we are going to be in the same situation next season.
Don't forget, you have to put a decent O Line in front of any RB. Something that is a foreign concept to us.
__________________
Daymeion Hughes should be a Texan.
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger