Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-25-2007   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Let the mocks begin!

Now that the Combine is winding down, who do you think has improved their draft position? I think Robert Meachem from Tennessee had a good day, especially in the 40 yd. dash. I think he would be a good pick for the 49ers at 11, especially since Alex Smith needs an upgrade at WR.
alphajoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #2
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve
Default Re: Let the mocks begin!

he prolly did, but i think the 49er's are looking defense with that pick--maybe okoye or branch, or a safety like landry.
Old 02-25-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

meachem was always a first rounder though. perhaps jason hill improved the most.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #4
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
meachem was always a first rounder though. perhaps jason hill improved the most.
Yeah, I knew that Meachem is a first rounder but I thought he went from a top 25 pick to top 15. And yes, Hill had a good day too. What was his 40 again?
alphajoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #5
amazingandre
All Pro

hill ran an unofficial 4.32
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's safe to say that there are 4 players that are locks to be gone by the time we pick. they will probably be the top 4 players taken to.

Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Jamarcus Russell
Adrian Peterson

So there is a good chance some of the following will fall to us that I think our FO would be interested in. (combined they are currently the top 11 ranked by scout.com on the espn website. we are guaranteed to choose from at least 4 of them.

Alan Branch
Amobi Okoye
Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Laron Landry
Brady Quinn
Levi Brown

Have the DT's and DE's worked out yet..done their drills yet? they will really make a case for themselves of who's drafted ahead of the others imo.

Levi Brown has a lot to prove. I've been very high on him lately and could see us taking him at 8. While he ran a slow 40 time, if he does exceptionally well in the rest of the drills...add to that his senior bowl..he could go 5 to arizona. i think brown is a guy that could really help himself out.

Is landry participating? I've seen him all over the place. He needs to put up some great numbers to help himself out. he's got the game film down...but if he wants to impress a lot of people he could really bust out some great numbers and even move himself into our range.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #7
DMars87
Rookie

where can u go to find all of the stats from the combine ( ie 40 times, shuttles, and reps)
DMars87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2007   #8
amazingandre
All Pro

none of the defense has worked out......dl and lb do monday and db's do on tuesday
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #9
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMars87 View Post
where can u go to find all of the stats from the combine ( ie 40 times, shuttles, and reps)
try www.nfldraftcountdown.com
Old 02-25-2007   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Every running back that couldn't break 4.6 will fall. I owe Brian Leonard and Sidney Rice an appology. Leonard is a legit WCO RB. Rice did very well in the gauntlete and proved he is a first round tallent. He has worked very hard on his hands since the end of the season. That reads to me both of these guys are commited. They will work very hard to earn their money for whoever drafts them.

Steve Smith and Gonzales are far better bargins than Dewayne Jarrett. I wouldn't touch the guy even if he was available with our 39. He may be the ESPN led Zepplin this draft. Watch the mocks after the combine...he's going to fall. And has to have a stellar pro-day to fight back into the first round. The rumor is out there that he can't break 4.7. Another Jerry Rice...hmmm ?
Old 02-25-2007   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think it's safe to say that there are 4 players that are locks to be gone by the time we pick. they will probably be the top 4 players taken to.

Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Jamarcus Russell
Adrian Peterson

So there is a good chance some of the following will fall to us that I think our FO would be interested in. (combined they are currently the top 11 ranked by scout.com on the espn website. we are guaranteed to choose from at least 4 of them.

Alan Branch
Amobi Okoye
Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Laron Landry
Brady Quinn
Levi Brown

Have the DT's and DE's worked out yet..done their drills yet? they will really make a case for themselves of who's drafted ahead of the others imo.

Levi Brown has a lot to prove. I've been very high on him lately and could see us taking him at 8. While he ran a slow 40 time, if he does exceptionally well in the rest of the drills...add to that his senior bowl..he could go 5 to arizona. i think brown is a guy that could really help himself out.

Is landry participating? I've seen him all over the place. He needs to put up some great numbers to help himself out. he's got the game film down...but if he wants to impress a lot of people he could really bust out some great numbers and even move himself into our range.

What happened to the Reggie Nelson hype??

One minute no one is talking about Landry then no one speaks about Nelson.

Which of these guys is the #1 guy.
Old 02-25-2007   #12
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

DB's arent really the topic for today, but a lot of people have had Nelson has their man-crush pick for almost a year. You can be dang sure some of those guys are going to throw him into any mix for us.
Old 02-25-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

I like Landry better. I was high on Nelson too for a while though. I like Landry a little better because he's a four year starter, a solid all around guy. Tackles better than nelson. all the hits you see nelson make are with his shoulder knocking the crud out of the receiver. Landry seems to wrap them up a little more.

Put nelson up there if you want. you won't hear a peep out of me..i had him pretty high for a while...but at the end of the day i'd take landry over nelson. and i'd rather have the other DE's and DT's ahead of nelson.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read