Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-25-2007   #1
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve
Default Texans Combine Interviews

I thought this might a good idea to keep track of who the Texans might have an extra special eye on in Indianapolis. Mods--merge this with something else if it is repetitive. i know they have 60 total interviews they can conduct.
so far:

selvin young, rb- Texas (kffl)
ramonce taylor, rb- Texas (kffl)
ryan harris, lt- Notre Dame (nfl network)
andy alleman, g- akron

Texans | S. Young interviews with team
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 20:24:03 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Texas RB Selvin Young said he interviewed with the Houston Texans. (kffl)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texans | Team talks with R. Taylor
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:26:21 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Texas RB Ramonce Taylor said he spoke with the Houston Texans. The team told him he was "pretty high on their chart and they were going to look at the film." (kffl)

Last edited by dirty steve; 02-25-2007 at 01:28 PM.
dirty steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Combine Interviews

On NFL newtwork, they showed Ryan Harris, LT Notre Dame, coming out of their interview room...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #3
amazingandre
All Pro

is that who that was harris....i wasnt sure. thats cool i actually never heard of the 2 rb's i will have to chekc into that. and if they post thier 40 times i will relay them
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
On NFL newtwork, they showed Ryan Harris, LT Notre Dame, coming out of their interview room...
He said he wants to be the Governor of Minnesota...he is a pretty smart guy from what I understand. He did have some back surgery though.

Quote:
By MICHAEL MAROT, AP Sports Writer
February 23, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Ryan Harris plans to put his gubernatorial aspirations on hold indefinitely.

The offensive lineman from Notre Dame has more immediate goals, like chasing a big payday in the NFL. "Football is my dream, something I've worked for since I started playing the game," Harris said Thursday at the NFL scouting combine. "But I think politics is a good avenue to affect people's lives. I believe in this country and this system of government."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Are we sure that Romance Taylor wasn't just high?

No way the Texans spend a draft pick on him. Maybe as an undrafted free agent.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

S. Young would be a great zone runner for us IMO. He runs hard and doesn't try and hit the homerun everytime. He is very used to picking up the yards that he is supposed to.

R. Taylor is a Junior isnt he? I actually thought he was a sophomore...maybe he is a sophomore(RS).
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #7
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP

i can edit the first post and update the list when the players are posted if you want me too. source is cool too (nfl network, espn, etc.)
Old 02-25-2007   #8
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He said he wants to be the Governor of Minnesota...he is a pretty smart guy from what I understand. He did have some back surgery though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
wow--i saw that episode he was on, on MTV. i always missed his name at the beginning, but he seemed real sharp.
Old 02-25-2007   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
wow--i saw that episode he was on, on MTV. i always missed his name at the beginning, but he seemed real sharp.
Yeah, i saw that episode of "True Life" as well. He was 260 pound LT trying to gain weight. He did look like an intelligent young man...
Old 02-25-2007   #10
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

they could be looking at taylor for his return skills with mathis' injury situation a major concern.
--edit--didnt see any return stats for taylor in 2005 at UT.

Last edited by dirty steve; 02-25-2007 at 01:13 PM.
dirty steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #11
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Is Taylor the one that was kicked out of Texas?...
Old 02-25-2007   #12
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Is Taylor the one that was kicked out of Texas?...
yeah--i dont think he played at all in 2006. stats from 2005.

2005- 76 carries, 513 yards (12 tds) 6.8 yards per carry
27 receptions, 265 (3 tds) 9.8 yards per reception
Old 02-25-2007   #13
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
they could be looking at taylor for his return skills with mathis' injury situation a major concern.
I don't know what the "true story" on Taylor is... he's shown bad judgment in the past, that's for sure. He's a 1st-2nd round talent if you throw aside character concerns. Thought some of his own athleticism went to his head on the field in 2005... tried to turn everything into a Reggie Bush play instead of taking what was there. Immaturity on and off field, etc.

If he learned his lesson, then he will be an excellent NFL player. He's gotta put up jaw-dropping numbers and seem like a really good kid to get first day consideration. His ceiling isn't that different than Reggie Bush's, his floor is considerably lower.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #14
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro View Post
I don't know what the "true story" on Taylor is... he's shown bad judgment in the past, that's for sure. He's a 1st-2nd round talent if you throw aside character concerns. Thought some of his own athleticism went to his head on the field in 2005... tried to turn everything into a Reggie Bush play instead of taking what was there. Immaturity on and off field, etc.

If he learned his lesson, then he will be an excellent NFL player. He's gotta put up jaw-dropping numbers and seem like a really good kid to get first day consideration. His ceiling isn't that different than Reggie Bush's, his floor is considerably lower.
true--i'd think with his baggage he would be a 5th-6th at the earliest. a solid situation to take a flyer on.
Old 02-25-2007   #15
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Ryan Harris may be a great kid... but he's not a prospect that I really love. Good athlete, not huge or exceptionally strong, back surgery is an issue, never dominated on field. I think he's getting a lot of publicity because of his post-football ambitions, the MTV episode, and where he played. Kid certainly enjoys the spotlight and has his head on straight, has good feet. he has some assets... just not for me... like to see a bit more power and nastiness. Might be a good ZBS fit though, save the nastiness.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Andy Alleman, guard from Akron, got a lot of attention from houston yesterday. as well as miami.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #17
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Andy Alleman, guard from Akron, got a lot of attention from houston yesterday. as well as miami.

Sounds like a good fit for ZB system. Listed at 6'4", 302 lbs, and ran a 4.96 in the 40. But, with them looking at Guards, it might mean they will move McKinney back to Center for good.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
true--i'd think with his baggage he would be a 5th-6th at the earliest. a solid situation to take a flyer on.
This is todays Chronicle. You make the call. I still think someone takes a flyer on him 1st day

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4579625.html
Old 02-25-2007   #19
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get why we would look at Taylor at all. If we are set on going with a RB who missed some time because of off the field concerns, we might as well draft Gary Russell who is a better talent.
Old 02-25-2007   #20
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Russell came in 15 pounds heavy and ran a 4.8 40. No way we touch him.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read