Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-24-2007   #1
amazingandre
All Pro

Default Michael Bush

Bush decided to not work out on sunday.....why wouldnt he.....doesnt he need to prove he has recovered? and can still compete with the best of them?
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Michael Bush

I'm not sure he is physically able to do anything yet. His break was severe. He was basicly at the combine to be measured and get interviewed. No one expected a work-out. It isn't even guarentueed that he will be physically capable of participating in his pro-day.
Old 02-24-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

hmm. i think he really needs to show everyone he wants to be and should be a first round pick. he can really improve is draft stock with a good combine. sounds like maybe he's not too confident.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #4
amazingandre
All Pro

ya i def thought he would be working out....imo he needs to work out soon. or teams will pass him by come draft day. what has he shown in the last year....nothing. its not easy to come off a leg injury as a rb. so he should get on that......
Old 02-24-2007   #5
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

everyone has him as a lock to the ravens in the first rd. maybe he knows something we dont know.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #6
htownfoozball
Veteran

if he's not 100%, whats the point in working out?
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #7
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
hmm. i think he really needs to show everyone he wants to be and should be a first round pick. he can really improve is draft stock with a good combine. sounds like maybe he's not too confident.
He might not also want to do something stupid and ruin his chances for good.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-24-2007   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Like I just said, he isn't running because of health reasons. He isn't ready and isn't sure if he will even be ready for his pro-day. Do people read anything I write????
Old 02-25-2007   #9
amazingandre
All Pro

maybe he jsut isnt ready.....he might not be ready for his pro day.................lol j/k we read it but i thuoght it was jYouro
Old 02-25-2007   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Like I just said, he isn't running because of health reasons. He isn't ready and isn't sure if he will even be ready for his pro-day. Do people read anything I write????

Well, if he doesn't run today, he'll probably run at his pro-day.

Hmmm... did someone hear a gnat or something?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
good, looks like we all agree. hopefully he'll be healthy enough by his pro day.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #12
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

"Louisville RB Michael Bush won't be running here at the combine. He's still not ready to run coming off his broken leg. He said the injury takes 6-8 months for full recovery and it's only been 5 months. He'll be running on his pro day March 26th.

But Bush has been working out with personal trainers. He looked nice and lean. He played last season at 252, and now he's down to 243 pounds."

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=959
Old 02-25-2007   #13
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
everyone has him as a lock to the ravens in the first rd. maybe he knows something we dont know.
The Texans and from what I can tell, a majority of the fans have AP in their sights for obvious reasons. But, this guy Bush is every bit the running back AP is. Had he played more than 1 game before the leg injury last year, I think he would be on a lot more peoples minds than he is. If the injury heals completely, he is worthy of a top 10 pick. He would look as good with the Texans as AP would IMO.
Old 02-25-2007   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

He is the type of RB that I would like to see in our system. Big down hill runner. Showed break away speed before his leg injury. Best of all, wouldnt cost you a 1st round pick this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #15
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
Best of all, wouldnt cost you a 1st round pick this year.
I think there is a chance he may go late 1st round. It will be interesting to see come draft day, that is for sure.
Old 02-25-2007   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
He is the type of RB that I would like to see in our system. Big down hill runner. Showed break away speed before his leg injury. Best of all, wouldnt cost you a 1st round pick this year.
I think either the Jets, Giants, or Ravens will pick him in the first.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #17
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I think either the Jets, Giants, or Ravens will pick him in the first.

I think the Giants have a similar guy in Jacobs. Whom i've compared Bush to. Jets could bea strong possibility with Leon Washington there already as the Scat back and Curtis Martin's future still up in the air. Ravens could be a good candidate too.

If he's there in the second.... i hope we at least give him a look.
Old 02-25-2007   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

boy the steelers could sure use a big bruising back again...

....which is why they'll sign mike alstott.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #19
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Its pretty obvious that nowadays you need two backs in the NFL; regardless of the system you run. Give me a big guy with some speed and a speed guy with some power and let them split carries. Nothing beats a worn down defense like fresh legs in the 4th Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #20
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat
Default Michael Bush

Anything new on him lately? Is he over that injury?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read