Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-24-2007   #1
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McGahee is on the trading block...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2778174

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Buffalo Bills are using part of their time here at the NFL scouting combine this weekend to apprise teams that starting tailback Willis McGahee is available via trade, and it appears they have attracted the interest of at least one potential suitor.

Jerry Reese, the first-year general manager of the New York Giants, acknowledged Saturday morning that his team has some interest in McGahee, a four-year veteran who has twice posted 1,000-yard seasons.

"There is some talk about Willis out there," Reese said. "We'll investigate Willis. We'll investigate everybody out there with trade talks. We'll leave no stones unturned."
Had he not injured his knee in the 03 national championship game, He'd be a Texan right now IMO....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McGahee is on the trading block...

He'd be a 2000 yard back in our system.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I hope we can try and trade a 3rd for him, he'd be an amazing addition to this team. I like Willis a lot and other than a couple of injuries he has been very solid and productive in Buffalo. I'm all for getting him here
Old 02-24-2007   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would the Giants be showing any interest? I was under the impression that Brandon Jacobs was set to take over now that Tiki is gone.
Old 02-24-2007   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Why would the Giants be showing any interest? I was under the impression that Brandon Jacobs was set to take over now that Tiki is gone.
I dont think they're sure he's an everydown back...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd offer a 5th this year and a 6th next year. Maybe a 4th this year and 7th next year.
Old 02-24-2007   #7
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

id give them a 3rd for him.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-24-2007   #8
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

How bout we give them Carr for him. It's not like Losman is setting the world on fire.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #9
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Post Willis McGahee

Do you think the Texans may want to get in this trade discussion with Buffalo?

f so, what do you think it would cost to get him?
Old 02-24-2007   #10
petedy
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 petedy seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Default Re: Willis McGahee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Do you think the Texans may want to get in this trade discussion with Buffalo?

f so, what do you think it would cost to get him?
Vince Young !
petedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80969 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

This has been brewing for quite a while and has been discussed here earlier.

I would take a look at him pretty hard.

Wouldn't want to give up a first day pick for him though, we have too many other needs on the OL and at DB.
Old 02-25-2007   #12
Luv Ya Blue 2007
Rookie

Besides some of his injuries, I'm not sure which Willis you guys have watched. The worst case senario would be a 2nd round pick. I would say he's worth every penny of 1st round pick as long as were not talking top ten pick. I would love to get him by giving up our second round pick. That would be awesome. JMO
Luv Ya Blue 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #13
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Ya Blue 2007 View Post
Besides some of his injuries, I'm not sure which Willis you guys have watched. The worst case senario would be a 2nd round pick. I would say he's worth every penny of 1st round pick as long as were not talking top ten pick. I would love to get him by giving up our second round pick. That would be awesome. JMO
Definitely agree there. This guy has been amazing and he's been proven to be able to run. He's definitely a one-cut back that would fit here. I'd give up a late 1st or 2nd for him.
Old 02-25-2007   #14
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

I think Jacobs is going to suprise a lot of people next year. But i think the giants will continue to suck under Coughlin. I thought it was pretty obvious to me he's lost that team. Don't really care though I'm for the Eagles with for my NFC team. Betthe G-Men quietly miss Fassel and whata quality coach he was. I am suprised he hasn't gotten another shot at a HC gig honestly.
Old 02-25-2007   #15
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

If we have a chance at him, or for sure will be getting him, then we draft OL on this years draft huge! We can look for a QB next year, but this would be the year to build up 2/3 of the offense almost in one year. If we don't get him then look for a RB or QB in the draft.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #16
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
I think Jacobs is going to suprise a lot of people next year.
I think so as well. Depending on their line and any improvements they make, that would be a solid fantasy pick.

Back to McGahee though...can we afford him salary wise? Why wouldn't the Bills want to keep him there?
Old 02-25-2007   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Back to McGahee though...can we afford him salary wise? Why wouldn't the Bills want to keep him there?
McGahee is entering the last year of his rookie contract. The Bills want to get something for him now, as opposed to letting him walk as a UFA next year. Even though he's a good RB, Levy and Wilson aren't interested in spending stupid money on him.

Willis will want and probably get top dollar on his next deal (Rosenhaus is his agent) whether it's as a UFA in '08, or with the trading team this year who will give up a draft pick to get him and have to negotiate a new (and large dollar) deal for him to keep him beyond '07.

If Pac Man Casserly was still here throwing all McNair's dollas around, it might be conceivable ... but with the financial situation the Texans are in, I think they need to clean up the old house before they consider buying a new one.

Last edited by aj.; 02-25-2007 at 08:03 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #18
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

I would almost assuredly give up a 3rd for him, and then we can focus on other areas with our first pick. Such as if AP falls we could trade down
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #19
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I'd offer a 5th this year and a 6th next year. Maybe a 4th this year and 7th next year.
Then you would not have Willis.

I would give a 2nd for this guy, cause that is probably what they are asking for.

Get Levi Brown? 1st pick
FA- Steinbach, Dielman
You just took care of the OLine in 1 swoop, then you give a 2nd for Willis or a 2nd next year.(?)

LT-Levi Brown
LG-Chester (SPENCER)
C-Eric Steinbach-He can play Center
RG-Chris Dielman
RT-(?)-Zack,WInston, Draft one. SPENCER!!!!!!
RB-Willis
FB-Vonte Leach

Last edited by Hulk75; 02-25-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget the 4 years - $30 million (and in the Texans case, deferred money out the wazoo) it will take on top of the Day 1 draft pick to get him.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read