Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-24-2007   #1
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Default Day 1

What do you guys think about this for Day 1:

1 - LaRon Landry
2 - Tony Ugoh 2nd choice: Joe Staley
3 - Chancey Stuckey

It gives us a dominant FS. If you look at recent Super Bowl winners, they ALL have a big-time Safety.

Gives us a guy in Ugoh that would be a real nice replacement for Spencer if he's unable to come back full swing.

Gives us a speedy, playmaking WR in Stuckey.
Old 02-24-2007   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Day 1

We are going to draft a running back in the first day. I can guarantee it.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be ok with the first two but am not excited by a WR or RB on the first day.

I would be happy with DB's, OL and maybe DL.
Old 02-24-2007   #4
amazingandre
All Pro

i dont think ugoh is a good pick....i didnt like him too much at the combine....blaylock of someone but not ugoh....staley is ok i wouldnt mind him. im anxious to see brady quinn tomorrow.....
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #5
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post

1 - LaRon Landry
3 - Chancey Stuckey

It gives us a dominant FS. If you look at recent Super Bowl winners, they ALL have a big-time Safety.

Gives us a guy in Ugoh that would be a real nice replacement for Spencer if he's unable to come back full swing.

Chansi Stuckey just turned in a 4.61.

Who is this Laurent Robinson that ran a 4.33?
Old 02-25-2007   #6
amazingandre
All Pro

robionson also ran a 4.51
he will be scouted heavily come pro day...huge difference in times
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #7
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

From all the reports I've seen Joe Stanely had huge senior bowl workouts and has a ton of upside. He would be my first choice for the second round pick.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2007   #8
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1 - LaRon Landry
3 - Chancey Stuckey

It doesn't sound too bad, but every thing hinges on FA and what they do with Carr. If they trade Carr and get an extra 3/4th round pick, then I think they will probably go after Stanton, Smith, or Kolb in the 2nd/3rd round. And, if they get someone like Hamlin or Clements in FA, then I think they won't go with a Safety in the 1st. Just don't know at this point, but it's fun to speculate! JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I'll gaurantee playmaker...whether or not that's a RB, we'll see. Lots of sub 4.4s on this board.
Old 02-25-2007   #10
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I'll gaurantee playmaker...whether or not that's a RB, we'll see. Lots of sub 4.4s on this board.
from what I hear, Ramonce Taylor is high on their list.
Old 02-25-2007   #11
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Unless you are Kub or Bob.. you cant.
Old 02-25-2007   #12
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:

1 - LaRon Landry
3 - Chancey Stuckey

Updated Day 1

1 - LaRon Landry FS LSU
2 - Robert Meachem WR Tennessee 2nd choice: Ryan Harris OT ND
3 - Samson Satele C Hawaii

Had a chance to listen to Meachem today, really high character guy..I didn't know that about. That only makes him look better as a draft prospect

Samson Satele shows better technique than most OL in this draft. Nice potential. Very fundamentally sound.
Old 02-25-2007   #13
htownfoozball
Veteran

why is WR so high on your list? we need an OL, a RB, some help on the DL, and both CB and FS more than WR. why not wait til the 4th or 5th to take jacoby jones? theres plenty of WR's later in the draft.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #14
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Day 1

Quote:
Nah man you should already know that Kubes don't draft a RB that early I mean being with Denver and all, hey he could've changed I guess. Here's my thoughts as of right now:

1. Levi Brown(ol) or Chris Houston(cb)
2. Aaron Ross(cb) or Justin Blaylock(ol)
3. Kevin Kolb(qb)

Another thing that really got me interested at the combine was that Kalil guy(ol) and a RB named Chris Henry he almost ran a 4.2 40 thats amazing I think it was like 4.33.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #15
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
from what I hear, Ramonce Taylor is high on their list.
i would love ramonce taylor, my favorite UT player to ever play over there hands down, bring him down to h-town gary
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
i would love ramonce taylor, my favorite UT player to ever play over there hands down, bring him down to h-town gary
Breaking news: YoungTexanFan has discovered Ramonce Taylor's top drug dealer, Duanta23. It is believed that Duanta23 had plans for the pounds and pounds of drugs found with Taylor.

Edit to pior breaking news: YoungTexanFan would like to extend his condolences to his public, and would like to go further to alert the media that Duanta23 is in fact Ramonce Taylor. Good work gang, we caught him!!

haha, I only jest.
Old 02-25-2007   #17
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
why is WR so high on your list? we need an OL, a RB, some help on the DL, and both CB and FS more than WR. why not wait til the 4th or 5th to take jacoby jones? theres plenty of WR's later in the draft.
As the front office has stated many times before, we need more playmakers on offense. If Robert Meachem is there, we should take him. Levi Brown, that was a nice thought, but if we can wait and land Ryan Harris in the 3rd round or so...then I'd rather do that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read